Customers Also Bought
- Plastic casing
- 10/100M and act LEDs
- USB 1.0/1.1/2.0 interface (12 Mbps)
- Single chip USB to fast ethernet controller
- Assorted color as stock available
- LAN Network Adapter supports full/half duplex operation
- Network LAN Adapter supports 10/100 Mbps N-way auto-negotiation
- Network LAN Adapter supports full duplex flow control (IEEE 802.3x)
- Product Requirements: Available USB port; Available Ethernet network connection; Microsoft Windows 98SE/Me/2000/XP/Vista or Linux
- The Network LAN Adapter allows you to instantly connect to a 10/100Mbps network from a USB enabled desktop or notebook PC
- You can instantly add network capability for sharing files and printers between PCs for your home or office
- The USB LAN Adapter allows you to plug in the laptop then forget it exists, eliminating the need to repeatedly plug the problems
How to Set Up an Edup Wireless LAN Adapter
- Installing an Edup wireless LAN adapter may require using third-party drivers.
- Wireless image by Szymon Apanowicz from Fotolia.comThe Edup line of wireless network adapters is manufactured by the Shenzhen SGL Electronics Technology Company. Many Edup card users have reported difficulties installing their wireless adapters, due to faulty or missing instructions, drivers and poor technical support. Fortunately, Edup adapters are installed the same way as other wireless cards, and third-party software drivers are available.
- Difficulty: Moderate
Install the wireless adapter in your computer
- Depending on which type of adapter you have, this process will differ. A USB adapter can simply be plugged into a USB slot on your computer. A PCMCIA wireless adapter card will plug into a PCMCIA slot on a laptop. These slots are usually on the side of the laptop
- If you have a PCI-type adapter for a desktop computer, you will need to open your computer case, and plug it into a PCI slot. In most computers, the PCI slot is white, and shorter than the other slot types. The instruction manual that came with the adapter should contain detailed instructions on how to physically install the adapter
Install the software drivers for the wireless adapter
- In most cases, your computer should automatically begin to install the right drivers
- Alternatively, you may wish to install them manually from the driver disc that should have come packaged with the adapter. Insert the CD and wait for a window to pop up. There should be a button called "Install Drivers." Click it, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Some users have reported receiving the wrong drivers with their Edup adapters, or that the official drivers do not work. If this happens to you, download and install the "I-O DATA WN-B11/USBSL Wireless LAN Adapter 184.108.40.206" drivers. The website of the company that manufactures the Edup line of wireless adapters does not host the drivers needed to run the adapters
Join a wireless network
- Once the adapter and its drivers have been properly installed, your computer will ask you if you wish to join a wireless network. It will display a list of wireless networks your adapter can locate. Select your home network from the list. If you set up your home network to require a password, you will be asked to enter it now. Once you have selected your network and entered your password, the set up of your Edup wireless LAN adapter should be complete.
- 1 x 10/100 USB Ethernet Network LAN Adapter/NIC RJ45 Card
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 5.66||USD$ 5.36||USD$ 5.10||USD$ 4.86||USD$ 4.64|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.
- Can a simple USB to ethernet adapter allow my usb hard drive to be networked on my LAN?
No. You need more than simply connecting the hard drive to the LAN. The hard drive has to act as a NAS (Network Attached Storage). Basically that means the box that you're connecting to the LAN has to have in it, in addition to the hard drive, a simple computer that can handle network file-transfer protocols, such as FTP, NFS, SMB, etc.
- Can I build a linux router with a USB Ethernet adapter?
Yes many of the current Linux distributions support USB and Ethernet and USB Ethernet. Fedora Core 8 works.
If you are trying to figure out which USB adapters are supported, visit the site of the distribution you want. Check their hardware compatibility documentation.
- How to change my Chat NIC name?
Select messenger on menu bar, than click on your contact detail, change your nickname by write it down on the textbox above "nickname". Click on the cave & close button and walla, your nickname has altered.