- How to Install a Doorbell?
1. Shut off power before this home improvement project. Although most doorbells are wired with low voltage, some are not. Turning off the power is one of the most important things you can do when you are working with electricity.
2. Locate the doorbell chime inside your house. This is usually found at the top of the inside of a closet.
3. Remove old hardware if necessary.
4. Follow manufacture specifications for wiring. This will ensure that the door bell is wired correctly.
5. Install the doorbell chime in the appropriate area whether you are installing the hardware inside or outside.
6. Turn on the power.
7. Test doorbell chime to ensure your home improvement project was successful.
8. Install cover.
- Who created the doorbell?
The doorbell was said to be one of Thomas Edison's inventions. It was invented in 1831.
- What would cause my Wireless Doorbell to ring by itself?
Try changing the channel on the bell(s) and button, eventually the bell setup just stopped working and we went to a good old wired setup again.(while adding another bell to the basement)