Customers Also Bought
- New generic PCI RAID Express Controller Card - SIL3124
- This RAID Express Controller Card adds four independent Internal SATA ports to your desktop computer
- High performance RAID Express Controller Card which provides a multi-port SATA generation II connectivity to minimize the host overhead and latency
- PCI rev 2.2 compliant with bus mastering modes
- Fully compliant with serial ATA channels
- Backward compatible to SATA 1.0a specification
- Independent link, transport and data FIFO
- Two pin headers on board for LED connection
- This RAID Express Controller Card supports hard disks with native command queue (NCQ) feature
- Capability to connect to a port multiplier on each port with FIS based switching
- Fully RoHS compliant
- Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- Support hot plugging
- Support plug and play
- Windows NT4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003 ,Vista, Linux
- Support Two Models: 32-bit at 33 MHz
- Transfer Rate: U to 3 Gb/s (SATA II)
- Connectors: SATA (4 internal)
- Durable controller card
- Controller card detail
What is a ExpressCard?
- ExpressCard is an interface to allow peripheral devices to be connected to a computer, usually a laptop computer. Formerly called NEWCARD, the ExpressCard standard specifies the design of slots built into the computer and of cards which can be inserted into ExpressCard slots. The cards contain electronic circuitry and connectors to which external devices can be connected. The ExpressCard standard replaces the PC Card (also known as PCMCIA or CardBus) standards
- ExpressCard plug-in hardware available includes connect cards, FireWire 800 (1394B), USB 3.0, 1Gb/sec Ethernet, Serial ATA external disk drives, solid-state drives, external enclosures for desktop size PCI Express graphics cards, wireless network interface cards, TV tuner cards, common access card (CAC) readers, and soundcards. Media remote control units are available that use the ExpressCard slot to store and recharge
What Is an Express Card Connection?
An express card connection is the successor to the PC card slot on a computer whether it be a desktop or more commonly found on laptops. Express card slots are most commonly used by mobile broadband and TV tuner cards. The slots can also be used for Firewire 800, Serial ATA external hard drives, and various other computer peripheral support
- Express Card
- The express card slot was developed following the classic PC card slot, or sometimes known as the PCMCIA slot, named after the technological group that originally developed it. The express card slot takes up less room on a computer and boasts higher speeds than previous slots. The original PC Card slot was designed for computer storage expansion, but now serves different purposes. Mostly the express card and PC card slot devices of today are mobile broadband access cards, modems and some external hard drives
- The most common function for express card slots today is mobile broadband cards. Mobile broadband cards provide Internet access by use of cellular towers and are usually sold by cellular companies on a separate data plan. The next most common use for these slots would be putting TV tuners in express card slots to watch TV on your computer. Third most common use would be as a card slot expansion port (for example, SD and CompactFlash cards)
- There are two types of express card slots. A universal express card slot is 54mm wide and accepts both 54mm express cards and 34mm card slots. The smaller 34mm non-universal slot can only fit 34mm cards as its size permits. The 54mm slot is also the classic standard size of the older, slower PC card. The only difference is that inside the Express Card 54mm slot, there is a guide near the back of the slot that moves a 34mm card into place, preventing classic PC cards to be used. There are converter cards out on the market to solve this issue
- As of 2010, the use of the Express card slot is not necessary, as many mobile broadband, TV tuner and hard drive companies have switched to USB 2.0 capabilities found on almost every computer and technological device today. Many computer manufacturers today have either dropped the slot entirely or switched to a 34mm Express card slot only
- If you still have an express card slot device or an older PC slot device you still use, you may want to shop around for a laptop still carrying the express slot or find a express card to USB 2.0 adapter on your next computer purchase. While the slot is useful in some situations, it is not necessary for common use today
How to Set Up a PCI Raid Controller Card:
- Install the drivers that came with your RAID controller card. The drivers come on a CD packaged with the card
- Shut down your computer and turn off the power supply. Disconnect every cable connected to the computer and then open the case. Open the computer by removing the screws around the outside edge of the rear panel, and then removing the side panel
- Find an unused PCI slot on your motherboard. PCI slots are the long white rectangles. If the slot has a cover on it, remove it
- Slide the card firmly into the slot, making sure that the metallic "teeth" on the card line up properly in the slot. Hold the card by the edges, and avoid touching any chips or components on the board
- Close your computer's case, reconnect all the cables and boot up your computer. During startup you will be prompted with a key to press to enter RAID setup. The specific key will be different with different RAID controller cards and software. Press the designated key
- Select the hard disks you want to use for the RAID, and which RAID configuration you want. The exact procedure will vary with your controller card and software, but each card offers essentially the same options, and at least RAID types 0 and 1. RAID 0 offers greater access speed, and RAID 1 protects your data by mirroring it across two drives. Select two identical hard drives to use for the RAID
- Exit setup, and your computer will reboot automatically
- 1 x PCI RAID Controller Card
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||€ 50.79||€ 48.73||€ 46.67||€ 43.93|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.