- Red laser pointer vs green, witch laser goes farther ?
- I would have to say a red laser pointer...
-They are more visible in all acations
-They are more common in all uses so if you did not want it anymore can be sold
- Is it harmful to shine this laser pointer to someone's eye from far?
- its harmful at a distance as well, it depends on how powerful the laser is (green and blue lasers can be dangerous for over a mile. some have even brought down planes from blinding the pilot) it is more dangerous at close range but even from far away it can still be damaging
- Do red laser pointers hurt tv screens? What about new LCD flat panel TVs?
- No. Your average laser pointer does not generate heat. A few commercially available pointers do, mostly along the green wavelength. There are high powered red lasers pointers that generate heat, but they are rare.
Your average CRT television should be fine in any case, but you could melt the polarised screen of an LCD tv, ruining those pixels.
Another small hazard is the reflection of a laser off of the screen into your eye. Reflected laser beams are just as powerful as direct beams in most cases.