Customers Also Bought
- Function: Video, data, power
- Insertion Wastage: 0.2dB
- Response Time: 1ns
- Max Discharge Current: 10KA
- Size: 92 x 52 x 40mm/3.62 x 2.04 x 1.58inch
- 2 in 1 surge arrester features rail mounted signal, video and power protection modules in both the cabinet and lowering device provide the ultimate protection from lightning induced surges
- This CCTV video lightning arrester is designed to protect monitor equipments (power, video), widely applied in bank monitor and safe guard system
- Monitor equipment for school, enterprise, road etc. Security and protection
- Surge lightning arrester comes with an integrated braided ground lines to divert surge energy
- Large electric current support, mutiple level protection, quickly response, minor wastage
- This monitor surge arrester is simple to operate
- Coaxial lightning arrester standard BNC interface joint (male to female)
Types of Lightning Protection:
Berkley Lightning Rods
- The Berkley Lightning Rods are used on boats and withstands lightning strikes in saltwater and freshwater. Made from graphite material and coated with titanium, these light rods cost $39 at Bass Pro Shops
- Weather vanes made of copper look like animals such as horses and roosters on top of directions. People install them on top of residential structures and barns
- Individuals interested in surge arrestors install these types of lightning protection devices if they want added safety. A surge arrestor kit includes an arrestor and grounding wire. An outdoor arrestor kit works with wireless devices and outdoor cables and underground wires.
Ditek Total Surge Solutions DTK-6GTP
- This form of lightning protection includes six outlets, a retention screw and a ground termination point. The wall mount can protect up to six electrical devices
Lightning Protection Methods:
- Lightning rods are mounted on the tops of houses. Because the rod is taller than the house itself, it attracts the lightning to it. Cables connected to the lightning rod lead the electricity to the ground, where it is safely dispelled in buried ground rods. Although lightning rods were highly effective in premodern housing, the addition of conductive materials such as metal piping, telephone wiring and metal wall studs can still channel the electricity of nearby lightning strikes into the home. While lightning rods do protect from a direct strike, it is important have an electrician ground your home as well due to the other conductive materials in the structure
- If lightning strikes nearby power lines or the house itself, it can follow the wiring or the phone lines into the home. The energy from the surge may damage the electronics in your home. To prevent this damage, connect all electrical appliances to a surge protector, which helps dispel the electricity safely before it gets to the electronics. In cases of very strong strikes, however, the electricity can jump through the surge protector and still strike home appliances. To prevent this from happening, unplug all appliances during a lightning storm. Ideally, unplug the appliances before the storm begins, as touching appliances that are plugged in during a storm can lead to a strong shock if the surge strikes just as you are touching the appliance
Personal Lightning Protection:
- It is important to know what to do if you are caught in a lightning storm. If you are caught outside, avoid water, high ground and all-metal objects. Take refuge if possible in a substantial building or in a fully enclosed hard-top car. If you are caught in the open, crouch down and put your feet together while placing your hands over your ears. If you are indoors, avoid water and stay away from windows and doors. Avoid using the telephone, take off any head sets and stay away from your appliances. According to the National Lightning Safety Institute, remain watchful for 30 minutes after the storm has passed
- 1 x CCTV Video Monitor Lightning Protector AC220
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 14.75||USD$ 14.29||USD$ 13.84||USD$ 13.24|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.
- Lightning surge can melt wiring? Surge Protectors do work right?
Depends how close the lightning is .... there is no such thing as a perfect insulator with enough voltage (and lightning is in the millions) anything will fry your pc may be protected but what about the rest of the house. There is a device designed to be put at the breaker panel to protect the whole house but nothing is 100 percent against lightning when my pc is not in use i unplug it from the wall outlet the best protection available.
- Lightning strike larger than the surge protector maximum?
A lightning strike will melt the circuit of your surge protector and stop there. The maximum amps is the surge's maximum capability of protected current or maximum spike (If it's below that it can stabilize it, if it's more, it'll blow a fuze).
P.S. Keep in mind that you're more likely to get hit by a lightning through your phone or cable line than the electric (Since it's grounded well), so plug those two in before going to the computer (that is if you have a modem a tuner or an internal modem).
- How does a surge protector supposedly 'stop' lightning?
The surge protector does not need to "stop a lightning bolt". All it needs to do is clamp down on the residual voltage created by a nearby lightning strike which can be a pretty high voltage.
If a lightning bolt went through your window and struck your TV (not likely) the surge protector would obviously be useless.
They do work it many circumstances but not every conceivable one. Every valuable piece of equipment in your home should be on a good surge protector. Don't forget to protect your incoming cable and phone lines too. Lightning is very sneaky.