- Can I have blue strobe lights in my car before getting the permit?
Installing auxiliary lighting normally requires approval of the sheriff of your county. I suspect he has some type of agreement with your department. However, the agreement will not apply until you are actually on the department. If they are not visible, I doubt you will be questioned. However, if they are observed, or you are seen operating them, you could be held accountable.
- Auxiliary lighting law - LED red strobes?
1. It is against the law to to have red flashing lights on any vehicle,motorbike(accept rear of police bike,recovery vehicle) as the law states that red flashing lights are used to warn of a hazard ie stationry emergency vehicle,railway crossing and all that shite.
2. The Road Vehicles Lighting (Amendment) Regulations 2005 - covering flashing cycle lamps, was allowed for pedal bikes,which means those irritating flashing lights they have.
3. If you do fit them it is unlikley you will get a fine you will just get some dogering old fart of a police man stop you and say you cant have them.
- I have strobe lights, headlamp control, and a siren fitted to my car is it ok to keep?
If you just brought it to shows it wouldn't be a big deal but driving around town, even with them off will probably be an offense. You'll get fined by the police for mocking a public safety vehicle.