Customers Also Bought
- A new style of useful door button
- It is compatible with most access control/locking devices
- Ideal wall switch for use around hallways, staircases and porches
- Perfect design for home use, also can widely used in office, garage and so on
- It is made of sturdy plastic
- Color: White
- Dimension: 8.6 x 4.3 x 1.6cm/3.4 x 1.7 x 0.7in(L x W x T)
- This electric door strike is specifically designed with durable plastic material to provide durability and tamper resistance
- This door electric strike is a new style of useful door button which is compatible with most access control/locking devices
- Open function of this door strike plate makes it easy to operate the push button. And with simple and practical design, this electric door strike is easy and convenient to use and install
- This electric door strike is the ideal wall switch for use around hallways, staircases and porches
Size in Detail:
How Does an Electric Strike Work?
- Print this article Electric strikes enable a door to be automatically opened or closed.
Access control refers to a system used to grant access to resources or areas in a facility or system. An electric strike is a type of electrical access control system.
- Electric strike devices are specifically used for door applications. The electric strike device replaces the fixed strike faceplate, or metal plate that attaches to a door jamb and includes holes used by the door bolt. Electric strikes possess a ramped surface, enabling the door to close and latch via the locking latch. The electric strike's surface pivots away from the direction of the latch upon receiving the proper signal, which enables the door to be opened from the outside without the need to operate the door knob.
- Fail-secure, also referred to as non-fail safe or fail-locked, is a type of electric strike which opens a door after receiving an electric current. Fail-secure electric strikes can be powered via DC (direct current), a type of low-voltage current that flows in one direction, or via AC (alternating current), a higher voltage current that can switch directions. AC-powered fail-secure electric strikes "buzz" during the door-opening operation. DC-powered fail-secure electric strikes units provide silent operation.
- Fail-safe electric strikes lock when electricity is applied to the strike. Fail-safe electric strikes only operate via DC power.
Electric Door Strike Installation
- Print this article Electric strikes allow more flexibility when securing a door.
An electric strike is a hardware device that uses an electronic signal to determine when to release a lock bolt. Installers wire these devices to work with buzzers, card readers or electric locksets. When the connected device is operated correctly, it sends a signal to the electric strike to automatically release the lock bolt and unlock the door.
Choosing an Electric Strike
- Choose your electric strike based on the type of locking device you are working with, whether it is a mortise lock, cylindrical lock or exit device. Most electric strike manufacturers also require you to select the faceplate for your strike separately from the strike itself to match the locking device. Choose the right faceplate to fit the lock on the door, then attach the faceplate to the strike using the screws provided. The holes for these screws are typically pre-drilled in both the strike and the faceplate, making it easy to determine where they should be placed.
Adjusting the Strike
- An electric strike can be fail-safe, which means it will unlock if the power goes out, or fail-secure, which means it will automatically lock if power is lost. Each strike can be adjusted to perform either of these two functions, and the adjustment is slightly different on each model. Flip the switch on the strike to change from one function to the other as required, or consult your installation manual for more information. If you are installing the strike on a fire-rated door, it must be set to "fail-safe."
Prepping the Door Frame
- The easiest way to prepare your door frame for an electric strike is to request that the frame is prepped at the factory by the manufacturer. You will need to tell the manufacturer which strike you plan to use. If the frame is already on site, use the template provided with your strike to adjust the cutout in the frame as needed to fit the strike. Use a jigsaw with a carbide-tipped blade to enlarge the preps as needed.
- Using a metal drill-bit, pre-drill holes for the strike as directed on the installation template. Many strikes are designed to fit in the standard holes already drilled in the frame, so this step may not be necessary.
Installing the Strike
- Run the power supply wiring through the door frame so that the "pigtail" connector reaches to the strike installation location. Insert the pigtail connector into the strike to supply power. If you have a secondary wire that connects to a card reader or buzzer, connect this wire to the strike as well. Often, this wire is joined with that of the power supply and fed through the same pigtail connector. Consult an electrician for wiring help if you need assistance, or refer to the wiring diagrams that come with your strike.
- Carefully feed the wire(s) back through the frame so it is hidden from view, then insert the strike into the cutout. Use the screws provided to fasten it to the holes in the frame. Shut the door and check the spacing between the door and the lip of the strike. If the space is too large, remove the strike and insert wooden shims between the strike and the door frame, then reinstall the strike. If this space is too small, use a metal file to shave the frame down a bit to move the strike further from the door.
- When the strike is in the correct location, the door should open and shut without catching the lip of the strike. The lock bolt should fit completely into the strike to keep the door locked and secure.
About Exit sign:
- Early exit signs were generally either made of metal and lit by a nearby incandescent light bulb or were a glass cover that fit directly over a single-bulb light fixture. The inherent flaws with these designs were that, in a fire, the power to the light often failed. In addition, the fixtures were small and dim, making them hard to spot in a fire where smoke often reduced visibility. Better signs were soon developed that more resembled today's modern exit sign, with an incandescent bulb inside a rectangular-shaped box that backlit the word "EXIT" on both sides. Being larger than its predecessors, this version of the exit sign solved some of the visibility problem. The sign was only useful as long as main power remained on
- As battery-backup systems became smaller and more efficient, some exit signs began to use a dual-power system. Under normal conditions, the exit sign was lit by main power and the battery was in a charge state. In the event of a power outage, the battery would supply power to light the sign. It continued to discharge until main power returned to the unit or the battery was no longer able to provide sufficient power to light the sign. Early battery-backup systems were big, heavy, and costly. Modern systems are lightweight, can be installed virtually anywhere, and are integrated into the fixture, rather than requiring a separate box. As batteries improved, so did the amount of time that a fixture could remain lit on batteries
- While exit signs were more visible due to large letters, even a 60-watt bulb shown through a plastic or glass cover (see image), appeared somewhat dim. With the development of fluorescent lamp and light-emitting diode technology, exit signs could be made even brighter to show up in the limited visibility of a fire situation, and/or use less electricity. LED signs work by combining a large number of bright light-emitting diodes to illuminate the sign from inside. Fluorescent bulbs work in the same way as incandescent bulbs, back-lighting both sides of an exit fixture from the inside. Because an exit sign is constantly lit, fluorescent bulbs need to be changed more often than LEDs. As a rule, LEDs have a very long life, and may last for 10 years or more of continuous use, although the brightness may diminish. Incandescent bulbs are still in use, because they are cheap and common, even though they use more electricity and require frequent replacement. In recent years, radioluminescent and phosphorescent signs require no electricity have also been developed. Radioluminescence uses the radioactive decay of tritium to light the sign, while phosphorescence uses light-emitting phosphors to glow in the dark. While both of these signs meet California State Fire Marshall standards, where practical, electricity is used in the vast majority of signs
- 1 x Switch Button
Spec Condition New Type Switch Compatibility Home, plant, office and so on Material Plastic Dimension 8.6 x 4.3 x 1.6cm/3.4 x 1.7 x 0.7in(L x W x T) Features Features A new style of useful door button
High quality and exquisite design
Ideal wall switch for use around hallways, staircases and porches
Perfect design for home use, also
Packaging Package Included 1 x Switch Button
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 4.12||USD$ 3.67||USD$ 3.31||USD$ 3.02||USD$ 2.77|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
Get DinoPoint™ by Writing reviews, Post Images, or Post Videos. The first five customers can get double points!
Bought this item on05-18-2011
- Other Thoughts: It works just like it's suppose to. However, it can be somewhat of an inconvenience to have to unscrew the front to replace the 9 volt battery every time it needs replacing.
Was this review helpful?
Mme Raulin Céline
Bought this item on04-29-2011
- Other Thoughts: The switch is functional. Sometimes it doesn't seem to connect with one switch--have to do it twice.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on04-13-2011
- Other Thoughts: If you flip the switch halfway and then back, it fixes it. Terrific product, I have no complaints.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on03-30-2011
- Other Thoughts: I love this product! I have a mobility disorder so it is great to have the switch right at my fingertips.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on03-02-2011
- Other Thoughts: This Door Strike Plate works great, easy to use and mount. I use it to turn on over head lights in a shed and one for under cabinet lights.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on02-16-2011
- Other Thoughts: The Door Electric Strike can be installed at a convenient location on the wall. Good useful product.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-26-2011
- Other Thoughts: This Electric Door Strike is brilliant product. Simple and effective. Use it in our movie room to control lights across the room without getting up from our stadium seats.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-12-2011
- Other Thoughts: This Electric Door Strike is a good basic wireless switch and works well.
Was this review helpful?