Customers Also Bought
- Soft goose feathers top this ball pen
- Fabric wrapped pen top is covered with flowers
- High quality and new desigh ball pen
- Soft goose feathers around this fashionable Goose Feather Ball Pen
- This Best Ballpoint Pen is also a decoration for your pencil vase, desk and pencil box with the ball pen
- You will have a good handwriting with this excellent ball pen
- Long slim handle of the Ballpoint Pen is comfortable and easy to grip and write
- The brilliant design and ingenious technology make it different from average ones
- This Goose Feather Ball Pen can make you feel active when you are writing with the ball pen
- Length: 469mm/18.5in
- Different colors will meet your needs
- Rose design of this Goose Feather Ball Pen will add romance
- Special design makes the ball pen comfortable to write with
- High quality goose feather view
How to Fix a Dry Ballpoint Pen:
- Check the ink cartridge. Remove the small cap on the back of the ballpoint pen. Pull out the ink cartridge and make sure there is ink in it. If the cartridge is completely out of ink, you can't fix the pen. Look at where the cartridge connects to the tip of the pen. Ensure the ink cartridge is fully connected to the point
- Inspect the point of the pen. If the pen hasn't been used in a while, the ball might be stuck. Make several quick circular strokes on a glass surface. Try to get the ball moving so ink will flow again
- Suck on the tip of the pen. Sometimes air pockets develop in the ink cartridge. Place the pen in your mouth and suck in (the same way you suck on a straw). Test the pen on a piece of paper. Repeat the process at least three or four times to see if the pen works again
- Tap the tip of the pen on a hard surface several times. This helps bring the ink down into the point and helps loosen a ball that is stuck. Repeat the process several times as you alternate tapping and testing the pen
- Apply heat to the tip of the pen. Use a lighter or boiling water. Place the tip inside the heat source for several seconds. Test the pen on paper to see if it works. Repeat the process a few times and re-test
History of the Quill Pen
The quill pen is an historically important writing instrument. Before being replaced by modern pens, it was used by draftsmen and artists to create beautiful calligraphy and manuscripts, especially in medieval times. It gained popularity because of its malleable tip and its ability to make a wide variety of lines. It is still used today by nostalgic enthusiasts, calligraphers and artists
- Function: The quill pen is made from a feather of a large bird, and was widely in use prior to the invention of the dip pen, the metal-nibbed pen, the fountain pen and the ballpoint pen. It is still used as by calligraphers because it provides a fine stroke and more flexibility than a standard steel pen
- Types: The most desirable feather to use for a quill pen is a primary flight feather taken from a large bird in spring. Goose feathers are the most common, and more-expensive swan feathers are considered deluxe. Other bird feathers used for quill pens come from the crow, eagle, owl, hawk and turkey. The barbs are stripped off the feather to allow the writer to grip the shaft of the pen more easily
- Construction: Once the quill feather is collected and the barbs removed, the shape of quill is altered by letting it stand in hot sand. A small shard knife is used to reshape the nib and hollow out the tip of the quill. The nib is sharpened from the outside to create a point. The feather's hollow shaft behaves as an ink reservoir
- History: Until the emergence of the steel pen, most draftsmen used quills. In the Middle Ages it was popular for its ability to create intricate images in manuscripts. It was used starting in the medieval era, and was eventually replaced by the stronger and more extravagant steel-nibbed pen, which was popular in post-medieval calligraphy. The quill pen influenced the design of the fountain pen, which was the professional man's ultimate status tool in the 1950s and 1960s
- Benefits: The fineness of the quill pen's nib allows the artist to create small linear figures or ornate decorations on paper or parchment. This characteristic, combined with the flexibility of the point, makes the quill pen easily adaptable to personal styles. The soft and supple tip of the quill allows for a wide variety of strokes, from soft, thin lines to energetic, thick lines
Feather Pen Crafts
It is not difficult to make feather pens. Everyone uses pens. Pens have been around for thousands of years in one form or another, and quill pens are among the most familiar. Quill pens were made from long, sturdy feather quills and dipped in ink for writing. Today, gift shops sell them as novelties and people make them for history projects and plays that take place in the past. Some pens even look like "modern quills," with brightly colored feathers decorating the ends of the pens rather than serving as the pens themselves. There are several such feather and pen crafts that adults and children can create
- Real Quill Pen: The hardest part about making quill pens is writing with them afterward. For this project, you need a feather about a foot long with a thick, strong center rib and scissors. Snip the tip of the feather at a 45-degree angle to create a writing point. If the feather is white, you may choose to dye it with a little food coloring or watercolor paint. If the feather is already dyed or you do not want to dye it, begin writing after making a little ink. Mix 5 parts fine soot with 2 parts gum arabic and 3 parts vinegar in a small bowl or pot. Write by dipping the pen into the ink and writing as normal. Dip the pen every few minutes to renew the ink
- Faux Quill Pen: This project results in a quill pen that doesn't need to be dipped in ink, eliminating the need for an ink pot and making the pen more portable. All you need is ballpoint pen refills, scissors and a long, strong feather. Begin by snipping the tip of the feather straight across to make a round opening. Hollow out the feather by slipping a long embroidery needle or bamboo skewer into the opening. This should punch through all the filler inside the feather's center rib. Insert a ballpoint pen refill into the cleared feather rib and secure it inside the feather with a few drops of white glue. The pen is finished and ready for writing
- Fun Feathered Pen: This feathered pen looks nothing like a quill. It is, however, a fun and inexpensive way to dress up ordinary ballpoint pens and make them look like fashion writing accessories. The craft starts with air-dry modeling clay such as Sculpey or pretty patterned ribbon, some colorful feathers, glue and a regular pen. Mix and roll different colors of clay together to create a pattern or marbled effect before rolling it into a single flat heet. Roll the sheet around the body of the pen, carefully pinching and smoothing it around the tip. Slip some short, pretty feathers into the end of the pen and let the clay dry. For a ribbon pen, wrap a piece of ribbon around the pen, covering it completely and securing the ribbon with hot glue. Slip feathers into the final layer of ribbon around the end of the pen
How to Write With a Quill Pen:
- Use very light pressure when writing with a quill pen. You must use much less pressure than you usually apply when writing with a ballpoint pen
- Trim the feathers of your quill pen so they do not obstruct your grip. Proper grip is necessary to write well with a quill pen
- Purchase calligraphy ink, usually found at an art store, to use with your quill pen. India ink is too sticky and won't flow well
- Write on flat rather than textured paper. Textured paper is too difficult to use until you get used to it
- Recognize handwriting with a quill pen is very different than handwriting with a ballpoint pen. It's like painting narrow lines. It'll probably look much different than your normal handwriting and you'll have to practice to get used to it
- Sharpen your quill pen. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a small piece from the outside edge of the nib at an angle. After the nib is sharpened several times, it's worn down and you must get a new quill pen
- 1 x Ballpoint Pen
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 5.50||USD$ 5.34||USD$ 5.17||USD$ 4.95|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
Get DinoPoint™ by Writing reviews, Post Images, or Post Videos. The first five customers can get double points!
Bought this item on05-20-2011
- Other Thoughts: I bought this feather pen for my wedding to leave at the guest book. The pen looked perfect, and easy to sign in. beautiful and practical.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on05-03-2011
- Other Thoughts: Symbolizing beauty and prosperity, the peacock quill has one elegant peacock eye feather with antique connector and metal nib. Made from peacock feathers. It is really fantastic on my desk. Customer Service is wonderful and do their best to resolve problems when they happen which is only occasionally. I recommend here to all my friends and co-workers.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on02-15-2011
- Other Thoughts: My wife has to do a lot of paperworks including writing something. I thought she might like it-one of all beautiful things. Fortunately, she did take it as a surprise. To make her happy is the happiest thing for me. What's more, she can write smoothly with the item. A good site with good things.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-05-2011
- Other Thoughts: I bought this set thinking it would be a decent quill set,
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on09-15-2009
- Other Thoughts: I bought this pen only for the lovely nice feather on the top. So cute and nice relaly.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on08-25-2009
- Other Thoughts: I was plesantly surprised at how fast the I recieved the items I purchased. They were shipped and recieved in good condition. Thanks
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on08-04-2009
- Other Thoughts: It is so cute a pen. nice feather on the top, soft and colorful, easy to use and a good decoration on my desk. I loce it so much!
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on07-17-2009
- Other Thoughts: I really like the feather on the top, it make my pen lookso unique and beautiful. Also the rose color is my favourite. Really cool!
Was this review helpful?
- Whether the feather on the top can be cleaned?
No, if you clean it by your hands, then the feather will drop for it is sticked on the top and can not be washed. So in order to make your pen new and beauty, you had better do not wash or clean it.
- How can I keep the feather on the top new and fresh?
First, you had better use the pen with your clean hands; second, you had better do not pill up the feather on the top.
- Will the color in the outter side fade?
If you keep clean of your pen, then the color will not fade away. Please never put the pen into water or make it wet.