Sign In/Up
My Cart (0)
All Categories

Keywords: Led Flashlights | Short Wedding Dresses | Cheap Tablets | Gopro | Clearance Sale

View or edit your browsing history Products I Viewed
Welcome to Dino forum, where all customers can discuss freely. Join the conversation and get quick reply.

Topic:This has got to be a scam. Cancel this order immediately

Reply to this topic Back to topic list (Replies:49 / Views: 7498)
  • John
    5 DinoPoint™ gained for this post
    This has got to be a scam. Cancel this order immediately
    Posted: 12/03/2010 17:11 EST
    I have called, faxed and have done everything to cancel and I did this almost immediately after placing the order by mistake. I did get an email that stated I should try and gift the product to somebody else. I tried to cancel this almost a week ago but you said it could not be done. The product hasn't even shipped yet and you charged my card. This is very unethical. Just cancel my order and credit my card. It's as simple as that. John
  • June
    VIP
    1 DinoPoint™ gained for this post
    Posted: 02/24/2012 04:38 EST
    I am from South Africa and have never ordered anything from overseas. My family and friends warned me that I will never see my money again. Well I proved them all WRONG!! I am satisfied with what I have ordered and they were all surprised with what I received and the low price I paid. Everyone wants to order from them now. The staff have really been wonderful and helpful. They keep me up to date. I do not know why you had bad service... I only have good words to say about them and their company. I did wait more than a month for my order, but it was well worth the wait.
  • Joanne
    Posted: 01/10/2012 20:59 EST

Quote Content

I thought I'd put in my cents worth, I bought from them a couple of years ago and the items arrived in due course but unfortunately I did have the same problem with communication, they not a scam but as was mentioned earlier their customer service and communication sux [Q][Q]I've read some of your other posts and am surprised you seem to be defending them. They have given me the worst service I have ever received anywhere. I know they are not exactly a scam but they simply have no idea how to treat customers, so people should be very wary of dealing with them.

Then I suggest you read them again, as I am not defending dinodirect. They can give bad customer service, if I can trust what other has said about them, but they are not a scam. Simple as that.

My experience with their customer service (just four interactions) has been mostly good (three good ones, one unhelpful). I cannot comment on how other people experiences their CS, but I can comment on my own experiences.

I also try to steer people towards their customer service as contacting them via email or phone seems futile.

You can not contact them by phone because they don't give a phone number nor do they give an e-mail address. they are a big fraud.

If that is "defending them", then so be it : )[/Q][/Q]
  • Valerie
    Posted: 01/09/2012 18:02 EST

Quote Content

[Q]To all of you reading this, this company has got some reputation. Just go to: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2398470/scam_site_warning_dinodirectcom_will_pg2.html?cat=46&com=2#comments If I just googled "dinodirect scam" I would have know these guys would take my money. We all need to be careful before we give our hard earned money away.
    Thanks for this post! I will be canceling my order as-well! ....nnnr![/Q]

That was an eye opener I just googled it plenty unsatisfied people I've ordered a few things here that haven't been shipped yet after what I've read I don't think I'll no longer order here I have another CIE that I like it's called DH Gate the greatest out there sellers got punished when they lied to customers I'll continue with them.
  • Annika
    Posted: 01/05/2012 15:54 EST
    I absolutely agree, it is outrageous the way customers are treated here. I received a faulty tablet and Dino is trying every angle not to have to refund me money, they asked me to go and get it repaired locally and they will refund the money. When I got it checked over the whole device was just deemed as not workable. I send them the report and opened a RMA. Now all they are doing is just not replying to me - problem solved for them!! This is ridiculous. they offered me all kind of vouchers, but their return policy states that they will compensate in full if they send a faulty product, which obviously is a lie!!. DONT BUY FROM DINO!!!! I will try and get them through Mastercard, Consumber Direct and the BBC Watchdog. Hopefully one of these methods will stick. If they want to piss off customers they certainly have achieved it here with their broken promises.
  • Ric
    Posted: 11/29/2011 09:40 EST
    I thought I'd put in my cents worth, I bought from them a couple of years ago and the items arrived in due course but unfortunately I did have the same problem with communication, they not a scam but as was mentioned earlier their customer service and communication sux

Quote Content

[Q]I've read some of your other posts and am surprised you seem to be defending them. They have given me the worst service I have ever received anywhere. I know they are not exactly a scam but they simply have no idea how to treat customers, so people should be very wary of dealing with them.

Then I suggest you read them again, as I am not defending dinodirect. They can give bad customer service, if I can trust what other has said about them, but they are not a scam. Simple as that.

My experience with their customer service (just four interactions) has been mostly good (three good ones, one unhelpful). I cannot comment on how other people experiences their CS, but I can comment on my own experiences.

I also try to steer people towards their customer service as contacting them via email or phone seems futile.

If that is "defending them", then so be it : )[/Q]
  • Deinvadder
    Posted: 11/17/2011 10:30 EST
    I hope someone can help me, I have the same problem with dailyshop with seems to be the same as dinodirect...I talked to my bank and they said they can get my money back but I need some evidence that this is a scam. Can someone help me with that?
  • Beams
    Posted: 11/17/2011 01:39 EST
    FAIR TRADE. YOU'll find them on the net and they are very GOOD at following things up.

Quote Content

[Q]Hey everyone, I have sent multiple posts to DinoDirect as you can see. Not one reply. I guess that says it all. They can't defend this kind of behavior. I'll just keep sending these till I get my money back. I think these dialogs at least help educate people on what a scam operation this really is. Regrets, John

Like many of you... they won't respond to my emails or posts either... keep answering others and ignoring mine even tho I keep bumping them to the top. I requested cancellation many times now and they keep trying to process it and offer me $5 compensation... what to ruin an 11yo Christmas?? I have contacted my financial institution and placed a disputed transaction. I had several yet the guy asked me was it for Dino Direct... hmmm... seems like they know about them.

Johan... I was just trying to figure out who I could report them to here in Aus... so will do the same thing as you.[/Q]
  • Jonathan
    Posted: 11/04/2011 11:16 EST

Quote Content

This company is appalling to deal with. We ordered a wedding dress that looked lovely in the photo on the website but looked absolutely awful when it arrived, [...]

I have never ordered clothes from here, but have convinced me to never try it. Thank you for the warning, and I wish you luck in recovering your lost shipping money. How long ago was it?
  • Jonathan
    Posted: 11/04/2011 11:00 EST

Quote Content

I've read some of your other posts and am surprised you seem to be defending them. They have given me the worst service I have ever received anywhere. I know they are not exactly a scam but they simply have no idea how to treat customers, so people should be very wary of dealing with them.

If that is "defending them", then so be it : )
  • Jenny
    Posted: 11/04/2011 03:25 EST

Quote Content

I've read some of your other posts and am surprised you seem to be defending them. They have given me the worst service I have ever received anywhere. I know they are not exactly a scam but they simply have no idea how to treat customers, so people should be very wary of dealing with them.
    - Sorry that was aimed at Jonathan.
  • Jenny
    Posted: 11/04/2011 03:23 EST
  • Jenny
    Posted: 11/04/2011 03:18 EST
    This company is appalling to deal with. We ordered a wedding dress that looked lovely in the photo on the website but looked absolutely awful when it arrived, nothing like the photo. After weeks of hassling they finally refunded us for the dress, but not the postage that was promised and it cost us over $100. I've lost count of the emails I've sent and the hours on livechat; they all promise they'll "deal with it promptly" and then you never hear any more until you hassle them again and get the same response. I've been offered numerous "giftcards" for varying amounts, the latest being $20. Absolutely appalling service. Someone rang me last weekend and said she'd speak to the "Financial Department" but I've never heard anything more.
  • Jonathan
    Posted: 11/03/2011 09:43 EST
    You can contact dinodirect here http://www.dinodirect.com/OpenACase/ or try their live customer service if you want faster replies.

DD is not a scam however... Do you think that they'd let topics such as this remain on their site if they really were scamming people?
  • Diane
    Posted: 11/02/2011 12:13 EST
    I ordered last night, payed with paypal, did not get any response from dinodirect, do not have a tracking number, and cannot get in touch with them. Can't even post on the site.
    How did you manage to cancel your order, I will do the same but don't know how.

Thanks for this post!
    I will be canceling my order as-well!

....nnnr![/Q]
  • John
    Posted: 12/11/2010 08:27 EST
    Hey everyone, I did hear back on a third party complaint forum (funny that I can communicate with them on someone else's site. I went back to "deals.woot" who recommended these guys and they are looking into this as well. Now the one thing I can tell everyone doing dispute resolutions with their credit card or paypal accounts is to document as much as you can. I actually used the text in this forum (both mine and other) to do this. Good luck everyone (to bad we all had to meet under these circumstances). John
  • Karen
    Posted: 12/11/2010 08:07 EST

Quote Content

Hey everyone, I have sent multiple posts to DinoDirect as you can see. Not one reply. I guess that says it all. They can't defend this kind of behavior. I'll just keep sending these till I get my money back. I think these dialogs at least help educate people on what a scam operation this really is. Regrets, John

Like many of you... they won't respond to my emails or posts either... keep answering others and ignoring mine even tho I keep bumping them to the top. I requested cancellation many times now and they keep trying to process it and offer me $5 compensation... what to ruin an 11yo Christmas?? I have contacted my financial institution and placed a disputed transaction. I had several yet the guy asked me was it for Dino Direct... hmmm... seems like they know about them.

Johan... I was just trying to figure out who I could report them to here in Aus... so will do the same thing as you.
  • John
    Posted: 12/10/2010 13:32 EST
    Hey everyone, I have sent multiple posts to DinoDirect as you can see. Not one reply. I guess that says it all. They can't defend this kind of behavior. I'll just keep sending these till I get my money back. I think these dialogs at least help educate people on what a scam operation this really is. Regrets, John
  • Freek
    Posted: 12/09/2010 09:46 EST
    ....I will also take Paypal on for doing business with these people!
  • Freek
    Posted: 12/09/2010 09:43 EST

Quote Content

To all of you reading this, this company has got some reputation. Just go to: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2398470/scam_site_warning_dinodirectcom_will_pg2.html?cat=46&com=2#comments If I just googled "dinodirect scam" I would have know these guys would take my money. We all need to be careful before we give our hard earned money away.

Thanks for this post!
    I will be canceling my order as-well!

....nnnr!
  • John
    Posted: 12/09/2010 08:58 EST
    Well everyone, Now DinoDirect is giving me the silent treatment. They won't even honor my last post to cancel. Guess they know I'm on to them. One last chance, cancel this order PLEASE!!! You really don't want me getting upset with you guys. I can get pretty focused and I will cost you much more business than the refund I'm asking for on the product you don't even have and billed me for. What do you have to say. Seriously, I'm really curious of what you will come up with.
Previous123Next

Copyright DinoDirect Corporation 2014. All rights reserved. See our privacy policy, terms of use, disclaimer and takedown policy.
Sign In submit Submit Apply >> Continue Join Now Add Store To Wishlist Add a new address Back >> Continue checkout Save Cancel Remove/Change Items Add To Cart Shop Now Create Register now Open a Case Start a Live Chat View all < Create An Account Return to Sign in Send Confirmed Application Email Verification Get It GO Enter My iDinor Life! Close Join My Homepage Continue Shopping Share Rewards Accept Accept and Check >> Search Back Close the case Pay Now Cancel Submit Confirm Save Click for more info Write a Review Yes No Reply Sold Out Size Guide Color Guide No thanks Continue Upload Share Rewards Accept and Check >> Search view more Next et Transaction Code >> Confirm Remove Upload Video Upload Images >> Continue checkout Get Free Sample Write a feedback Buy Now OK Start Chat Create An Account No, thanks! Go Remind me 7 days later