Customers Also Bought
- Uses cycle-switch to switch sound alarm and hidden vibration alarm respectively
- Highly sensitive, detect ferrous and non-ferrous and stainless steel weapons
- Simple, convenient to use, easy to adjust
- Sound and light alarm simultaneously
- Alkaline cell(7V-9V) can work over 40 hours and distance does not change
- Warn automatically when short of voltage
- Detecting Distance: 1/2 pin: 10mm, aluminum & copper sheet: 10mm, model 64 pistol: 150mm, DIP14 IC (integrate circuit): 5mm, 6" dagger: 150mm, silver ring (1g): 40mm, steel ball 8mm(diameter): 40mm, lead brick (1g): 30mm
- Size: 440 x 55 x 145mm / 17.32 x 2.17 x 5.7in(L x W x H)
- Simple, convenient to use, easy to adjust
How Do Metal Detectors Work?
VLF Metal Detectors
- VLF, or Very Low Frequency, metal detectors are also known as induction balance detectors. They function by means of the disc-like plate which makes up the bottom of the device. The disc or "Broom" is actually made up of two separate sets of wire coil. The outer coil is called the transmitter coil, while the coil near the center of the broom is called the receiver coil. The transmitter coil projects an electromagnetic field down through the bottom of the broom, which passes down through anything the broom is swung over. If this field should contact anything conductive, namely metal, the metal will emit an electromagnetic field of its own that is opposite the transmitter coil's field. As the transmitter coil's field is aimed down, the metal's field comes back up to the broom. This is where the receiver coil comes into action. The receiver coil is shielded against the field the transmitter coil projects, but not the field the conductive material projects. It registers this field, sending a small electrical current through the coil. This current is registered by the control box of the metal detector and interpreted on the device's readout
PI Metal Detectors
- The Pulse Induction metal detector appears identical to the VLF detector, though it operates on different principles. Instead of the broom being made up of two separate coils, it possesses only one coil, which acts as both transmitter and receiver. Instead of transmitting a steady electromagnetic field, it sends one out in bursts or pulses. Each pulse takes a fraction of a second to complete; when the electromagnetic field collapses it generates a sharp electrical spike on the receiver, which takes a very specific time to die away before the next pulse can be sent. If the pulse should pass through a conductive material, it generates a sympathetic electromagnetic field for a very short time. This field is slightly out of phase with the one produced by the broom. This means that when the broom's field collapses, the collapsing of the field created by the conductive material will act like an echo, meaning that the generated electrical spike will take an abnormally long period to die down. The metal detector registers this time lag by means of an electronic sampling circuit, which reports its findings to the display on the device
BFO Metal Detectors
- The Beat Frequency Oscillator metal detector is the simplest and least effective of the three metal detection devices. One large coil is in the broom, and a smaller coil is inside the control box near the handle. Each coil is connected to an oscillator that generates many thousands of pulses of electrical current per second. The frequency of these pulses is slightly different or offset between the two coils. This pulsing creates radio waves that pass through the broom. A receiver in the control box registers the radio waves and sends them to a headset in the form of tones or beats. The more beats that are heard, the greater the difference between the radio waves generated by each coil. The only way that the coils would generate significantly different radio waves would be if the broom passed over a conductive material. This would generate a weak magnetic field that would interfere with the radio waves generated by the broo
Selecting a Metal Detector for Surveying
The wrong metal detector can make a surveyor's job frustrating because it could misidentify the polarity of ferrous (iron-bearing) metal and make it difficult to detect metal in things like gas or electric lines. Other types of metal objects might include metal ore deposits. A high-quality metal detector, however, assists you in detecting the right metals at the specified distance. Learn to select a high-quality metal detector, and make your surveying job easier.
- Match your detector's target selectivity to the terrain type you want to survey by selecting one capable of discriminating between different types of ore like iron or copper. Look for a detector with a sensor that can detect discrete polarity changes between metal types and even between different shapes of the same metal or ore.
- Compare the shaft and the view panel, and look for a shaft that keeps the search coil (search head) parallel to the ground and the view panel at an easy-to-view angle. If the detector plate hovers at an angle, you do not get the optimum detection capability, and view panels that tilt at odd angles make reading the display difficult and puts strain on your neck and back.
- Compare audio signals, and look for a metal detector that offers different tones when detecting different metals or depths. Once you attune yourself to different tones, you can quickly ignore metals or ores in which you have no interest.
- Compare features like stabilizers and comfort grips that help make your surveying more comfortable. Stabilizers consist of a cushioned guard that rests against your hip while you sway the search coil left and right, and it helps keep a parallel detection angle. Comfort grips help you grip the handles and maintain a parallel detection angle.
- Compare prices. Surveying metal detectors cost $600 to $2,000. Because the cost varies so much, try not to sacrifice target selectivity or features to save a few bucks.
- 1 x Metal Detector
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 12.75||USD$ 11.87||USD$ 10.99||USD$ 9.81|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.