Customers Also Bought
- Interface: USB2.0
- Reading Speed: 14.73M/S
- Writing Speed: 2.57M/S
- USB Service Voltage: 4.5V-5.5V
- Environment Temperature: -40°C - +70°C
- Storage Temperature: -50°C - +80°C
- Storage Lifetime: More than 10 years
- Operating System: Win98/ME/2000/XP, Mac OS 9.X/Linux2.4
- A 2GB USB Flash Drive
- Easy to read and read in high speed
- No need drive, only plug in
- No need power supply
- Support USB ZIP/HDD startup
- Small style and fashionable
- Shock resistance, damp proof, lighting resistance, antimagnetic
- Can endure impact and knock of 3 meters fall
- Use A-class chip, can be erased repeatedly for 100,0000 times
- Compatible with PC, notebook, MAC
- One of the best 2gb usb flash drives, cheap usb flash drives
- 2GB USB Flash Drive, Light weight with creative USB port
- Lovely and compact appearance of this 2GB USB Flash Drive shows fashion
What is USB Flash Drive?
- A USB flash drive consists of a flash memory data storage device integrated with a USB (Universal Serial Bus) interface. USB flash drives are typically removable and rewritable, and physically much smaller than a floppy disk. Most weigh less than 30 g (1 oz). Storage capacities in 2010 can be as large as 256 GB with steady improvements in size and price per capacity expected. Some allow 1 million write or erase cycles and have a 10-year data retention cycle
- USB flash drives are often used for the same purposes as floppy disks were. They are smaller, faster, have thousands of times more capacity, and are more durable and reliable because of their lack of moving parts. Until approximately 2005, most desktop and laptop computers were supplied with floppy disk drives, but most recent equipment has abandoned floppy disk drives in favor of USB ports
- USB Flash drives use the USB mass storage standard, supported natively by modern operating systems such as Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, and other Unix-like systems. USB drives with USB 2.0 support can store more data and transfer faster than a much larger optical disc drive and can be read by many other systems such as the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, DVD players and in some upcoming mobile smartphones
- Nothing moves mechanically in a flash drive; the term drive persists because computers read and write flash-drive data using the same system commands as for a mechanical disk drive, with the storage appearing to the computer operating system and user interface as just another drive. Flash drives are very robust mechanically
- A flash drive consists of a small printed circuit board carrying the circuit elements and a USB connector, insulated electrically and protected inside a plastic, metal, or rubberized case which can be carried in a pocket or on a key chain, for example. The USB connector may be protected by a removable cap or by retracting into the body of the drive, although it is not likely to be damaged if unprotected. Most flash drives use a standard type-A USB connection allowing plugging into a port on a personal computer, but drives for other interfaces also exist
- Most USB flash drives draw their power from the USB connection, and do not require a battery. They should not be confused with some look-alike music player devices that combine the functionality of a digital audio player with flash-drive-type storage and require a battery for the player function
Design and Implementation:
- One end of the device is fitted with a single male type-A USB connector. Inside the plastic casing is a small printed circuit board. Mounted on this board is some power circuitry and a small number of surface-mounted integrated circuits (ICs). Typically, one of these ICs provides an interface to the USB port, another drives the onboard memory, and the other is the flash memory
- Drives typically use the USB mass storage device class to communicate with the host
There are typically four parts to a flash drive:
- Male type-A USB connector - provides a physical interface to the host computer
- USB mass storage controller - implements the USB host controller. The controller contains a small microcontroller with a small amount of on-chip ROM and RAM
- NAND flash memory chip - stores data. NAND flash is typically also used in digital cameras
- Crystal oscillator - produces the device's main 12 MHz clock signal and controls the device's data output through a phase-locked loop
The typical device may also include:
- Jumpers and test pins - for testing during the flash drive's manufacturing or loading code into the microprocessor
- LEDs - indicate data transfers or data reads and writes
- Write-protect switches - Enable or disable writing of data into memory
- Unpopulated space - provides space to include a second memory chip. Having this second space allows the manufacturer to use a single printed circuit board for more than one storage size device
- USB connector cover or cap - reduces the risk of damage, prevents the ingress of fluff or other contaminants, and improves overall device appearance. Some flash drives use retractable USB connectors instead. Others have a swivel arrangement so that the connector can be protected without removing anything
- Transport aid - the cap or the body often contains a hole suitable for connection to a key chain or lanyard. Connecting the cap, rather than the body, can allow the drive itself to be lost
- Some drives offer expandable storage via an internal memory card slot, much like a memory card reader
Size and style of packaging:
- Some manufacturers differentiate their products by using elaborate housings, which are often bulky and make the drive difficult to connect to the USB port. Because the USB port connectors on a computer housing are often closely spaced, plugging a flash drive into a USB port may block an adjacent port. Such devices may only carry the USB logo if sold with a separate extension cable
- USB flash drives have been integrated into other commonly carried items such as watches, pens, and even the Swiss Army Knife; others have been fitted with novelty cases such as toy cars or LEGO bricks. The small size, robustness and cheapness of USB flash drives make them an increasingly popular peripheral for case modding
- Heavy or bulky flash drive packaging can make for unreliable operation when plugged directly into a USB port; this can be relieved by a USB extension cable. Such cables are USB-compatible but do not conform to the USB standard
How much can you store?
How to Fix an Undetectable USB Flash Drive?
- While USB flash drives are a convenient and easy way to quickly transfer large quantities of data in a tiny space, the way that they store data can cause them to become easily corrupted
- If your computer will not detect the USB flash device or will not allow you to interact with the data stored on the drive, you can use the built-in features of your computer's operating system to attempt to fix the problem before resorting to buying a new drive
- Plug the drive into a USB port that you know is working on a separate computer to make sure that the port itself is not causing the problem. Place the drive back into the original USB port if it remains undetectable on another system
- Open the "Start" menu and click on "My Computer" to bring up a new window that lists all of the drives connected to your computer. Take note of the letters assigned to the drives connected to your computer. Click on the blue button at the top left end of the window labeled "Map a Network Drive." Click "Continue" if a second window pops up asking for your permission to open the new menu
- Click the "Drive" button at the top of the new window. Select a drive letter from the drop-down menu that is not already in use, such as "Z" or "M." Click on the "Browse" button and locate the USB flash drive that your computer hasn't been detecting. Click on the drive and then click the "OK" button
- Click the "Finish" button to close the window and map the USB flash drive to your computer. Restart the computer and then return to the "My Computer" menu and check to see if the USB flash device is usable. Navigate to the "Start" menu if the device still isn't working properly, and open "Control Panel."
- Click the "Administrative Tools" link in the Control Panel menu. Click "Continue." Double-click the "Computer Management" link at the top of the menu. Click the "Disk Management" button at the left side of the window to bring up a list of drives on the computer. Right-click the USB flash drive and choose the "Format" option. Click "Start" and wait for the formatting process to finish. Restart the computer and then attempt to use the USB flash drive again
Tips & Warnings:
- If the flash drive remains undetectable by any computer after mapping and formatting, the problem is a mechanical defect and the unit will need to be replaced
- Formatting the drive will completely erase any data that was stored on it
- Be sure USB drive far away from damp and dust environment
- No knock to USB, prevent circuit protection device from drop
- To pull out USB in correct way
- Not connect it with computer more lasting more than 3 hours
- 1 x 2GB Cute Little Monk USB Flash Drive
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 5.68||USD$ 5.40||USD$ 5.14||USD$ 4.91||USD$ 4.70|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.