- Can alkaline button cell batteries leak if they aren't used for a long time?
They can be stored for a year.
- Can you use a button cell battery like a normal AA battery?
Yes you can. A button cell also has a + and - side. However the voltage of a button cell is much less than an AA cell, meaning you would need much more button cells in series to light the bulb. You can go to an electronics store to find casings in which you can stack these cells tightly in series. Each casing then has connectors for your wires. The casing can the be screwed or glued to the circuit board. You need to know the voltage requirement of whatever you build. This will determine how many of those button cells you need.
- What would make a L1154 Button Cell battery explode?
If the battery is discharging so fast that that it overheats internally, the salts and solvents inside can boil, popping the casing open and "exploding."
- What button cells batteries are equivalent to the LR1130? I heard that LR54 and AG10 are both compatible?
True. The LR1130 is a 1.5V battery. Compatible with:
1. Silver Oxide: 389 / D389 / SR54 / TR54 / SR1130W
2. Alkaline: / L1131 / 189 / RW89 / D189A / LR54 / AG10 / 89A