Customers Also Bought
- Easy to use and portable
- High quality HD15 male-to-female VGA extension cable for your monitor
- This VGA cable connects PC or laptop to the projector, LCD monitor, and other video display system through VGA connections
- Fully shielded VGA/SVGA extension or replacement cable
- Each SVGA cable have two high density HD15 connector with thumbscrews
- Connector: HD15 15-pin male to HD15 15 pin female
- Length: 1330mm / 553in
Gender of Connectors and Fasteners:
- The difference between VGA and SVGA
In electrical and mechanical trades and manufacturing, each of a pair of mating connectors or fasteners is conventionally assigned the designation male or female. The "female" connector is generally a receptacle that connects to and holds the "male" connector
- The assignment is by direct analogy with genitalia and sexual intercourse; the part bearing one or more protrusions, or which fits inside the other, being designated male and the part containing the corresponding indentations or fitting outside the other being female. Extension of the analogy results in the verb to mate being used to describe connecting two ends together
- The standard letters "M" and "F" are commonly used in part numbers to designate gender. For example, in Switchcraft XLR microphone or hydrophone connectors, the part numbers are denoted as follows: A3F = Audio 3-pin Female connector; A3M = Audio 3-pin Male connector
- The terms "slot," "socket," and "receptacle" are also often used for "female" connectors, and "Plug," "prong," and "pin" for "male" connectors. In many cases these terms are more common than male and female, especially in documentation intended for the non-specialist. It also causes a fair amount of confusion when those names are shortened in labels. For example, a female high-density D-subminiature connector with a size 1 shell can be named DE15F or DE15S (see accompanying pictures). Both terms mean the same thing but could be confused for different items. Similarly, a male standard-density D-sub with a size 1 shell can be named DE9M or DE9P; a female standard-density D-sub with a size 2 shell can be named DA15F or DA15S; a male high-density D-sub with a size 3 shell can be named DB44M or DB44P; and so forth. Further confusion can be caused by the term jack, which is used for both female and male connectors and typically refers to the fixed (panel) side of a connector pair
- In plumbing fittings, the "M" or "F" usually comes at the beginning rather than the end. For example: MIP denotes Male International Pipe thread; FIP denotes Female International Pipe thread
- A short length of pipe having an MIP at both ends is sometimes called a "nipple"
Electrical and Electronic Connectors:
- Although the gender of tubing and plumbing fittings is usually obvious, this is not true of electrical connectors because of their more complex and varying constructions. Instead, connector gender is conventionalized and thus can be somewhat obscure to the uninitiated. For example, the female D-subminiature connector extends outward from the body, and this protrusion could be erroneously construed as male. Instead, the masculinity of the D-subminiature connectors is defined by specific presence of pins, rather than by the protrusion of the connector, which is also true for many other pin-based connectors like XLR. The male/female distinction is more obvious with ring connectors which are placed around a post, but again with spade or split ring connectors the end alone is not obviously female. Finally, some connectors are hermaphroditic and include both male and female elements in a single unit, such as the IBM token ring connector and the SAE connector; hermaphroditic connections also exist in some specialized tubing fittings. IEEE STD 100 and ANSI Y32.16 (identical to IEEE 200-1975 and replaced by ASME Y14.44-2008) define "Plug" and "Jack" by location or motion, rather than gender. A connector in a fixed location is a jack, and a moveable connector is a plug. The distinction is relative, so a portable radio is considered stationary compared to the cable from the headphones; the radio has a jack, and the headphone cable has a plug. Where the relationship is equal, such as when two flexible cables are connected, each is considered a plug and annotated with the P reference designator. It is common practice to use female connectors for jacks, so the informal gender-based usage often agrees with the functional description of the technical standards. This is not always the case; Exceptions include a computer's AC Power Inlet and EIA232 DE9 Serial Port. It is best to use "male" and "female" for gender, and "Plug" and "jack" for function
- Male connector pins are often protected by a shell, which envelops the entire female connector. RF connectors often have multiple layers of interlocking shells to properly connect coaxial and triaxial cable. In such cases, the gender is assigned based on the innermost connecting point
The Difference Between VGA and SVGA Cable:
- Image by Flickr.com, courtesy of Stephen In traditional desktop computer setups, a cable connects a computer to a monitor. A video graphic array (VGA) cable carries analog signals and supports video resolutions up to and including 640 x 480. A super video graphic array (SVGA) cable carries analog signals and supports resolutions up to and including 800 x 600. SVGA is also known as enhanced or ultra VGA. Most SVGA cables support far higher display resolutions than the 800 x 600 standard
- VGA and SVGA cables usually have plugs with pins arranged in three staggered rows: The first and last rows have 5 pins and the middle row, with only 4 pins, appears to have a missing pin. But no pin is missing. This 14-pin configuration is the standard configuration, and these cables plug into high-density, 3-row, 15-hole VGA ports, or sockets, on computer monitors, other display devices and adapters
- It's impossible to tell the difference between unlabeled VGA and SVA cables just by looking. If the cable is SVGA and is connected to a SVGA-capable display device and a computer with a graphics card and video memory supporting SVGA, a resolution of 800 x 600 or better should be available
- Unlabeled cables that are fat are more likely to be SGVA than are skinny cables. SVGA cables have superior shielding. In addition, to help eliminate interference and signal degradation, SVGA cables usually have ferrite beads
- Although not a guarantee, the diameter of a cable may be a measure of quality. In most cases, the thicker the cable, the better the quality
- SVGA, which requires more video memory and computer graphics capabilities than VGA, supports 16 million colors. With VGA and its maximum resolution of 640 x 480, only 16 colors are supported. VGA monitors are now obsolete. The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA), a consortium of video adapter and monitor manufacturers, develops standards for SVGA
- High-resolution signal carried for long distances requires better cable than lower resolution signal carried over shorter distances
- When transmitting high-resolution images over distances shorter than 5 feet, a low-cost, low-spec cable is likely to be adequate
- Problems occurring with poor quality cables include double images, smeared images and, possibly, no images at all
- Before buying a new cable of any kind, check the configuration of the ports, or sockets, to be used. If they are traditional female configurations (with holes), make sure both ends of the cable are male (with pins). Check that the number of rows and the number of pins in each row match as well.
- MDA, CGA, and EGA monitors will not work with VGA cables
- 1 x SVGA VGA 15 Pin Male to Female Extension Cable
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 6.99||USD$ 6.99||USD$ 6.99||USD$ 6.99||USD$ 6.99|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.