Customers Also Bought
- Sleeveless design better show your charm
- These long evening dresses feature super soft and very luxurious material
- Backless rear view makes you look sexy
- Long evening dresses show off your elongated shape
- The one shoulder gowns allow you to show your great neckline and great arms
- These prom evening dresses have an easy fit and good ventilation effect
- The grandeur of these long evening dresses is enchanting
- Material: Chiffon(Upper), Polyester(Lining)
- Sleeve Style: Sleeveless
- Dress Length: Full-Length
- One shoulder style allows you to show your sexy figure. Sleeveless design better show your charm
- Long evening dresses make you look slim and elegant and also show off your elongated shape
- The backless one shoulder neckline of the evening dress adds extra sensuality to your upper back
- Come on! Maybe this sexy long evening dress will give you good luck to meet your Mr Right
- The dress zips at the center back, making it fit smoothly and comfortably all around your body
- Ruffle edge looks beautiful. One shoulder gowns touch soft and comfortable. Take it home now
How to Measure:
What Is Chiffon Fabric:
Chiffon is a lightweight, sheer, plain woven fabric that can be made from cotton, silk or synthetic fibers. It is defined by the type of weave, twist and weight of the yarns used. Chiffon fabric is usually used for evening wear, blouses, ribbons, scarves and lingerie.
- Weave: Chiffon fabric is constructed with a balanced plain weave. This means that the warp and weft threads on the loom are the same weight and are woven in a basic over- under crisscross pattern, giving the woven fabric a checkerboard appearance
- Twist: The yarns used to weave chiffon fabric are alternately S-twist and Z-twist crepe yarns. The alternate use of S-twist and Z-twist threads means the fabric crumples slightly in different directions
- Transparency: Chiffon fabric has a fine mesh-like weave that gives it a transparent appearance. The transparency means stitching must be very neat and narrow, and seams and darts must be kept to a minimum to improve the finished appearance
- Fraying: Chiffon fabric frays easily, so French seams are usually sewn to prevent fraying on a finished garment. To prevent excess fraying when pre-washing chiffon fabric, a line of stitches can be sewn along any raw edges
- Cutting: Chiffon fabric is difficult to cut and sew because it is lightweight and slippery. When cutting patterns chiffon fabric should be placed on a non-slip surface, and can be sandwiched between layers of tissue paper when being cut to prevent it from slipping around
How to Get Wrinkles Out of Chiffon:
- Empty all water from the iron
- Plug in the iron and turn the setting to cool
- Place the chiffon garment on the ironing board
- Place the pillowcase on top of the chiffon
- Iron over the pillowcase in the direction of the thread of the chiffon, smoothing out all wrinkles
How to Design an Evening Gown:
- Look at fashion magazines for the latest trends in couture. Attend fashion shows and collect books on fashion. Start by drawing a female slender figure or copy one from a book. Lay a piece of transfer paper ("8x11'') over figure and sketch your garment. Later on you will transfer the sketch onto a sketch book or drawing paper. While you're sketching, think of the fabrics you want to use. Think taffea, velvet and, sequins. Think about colors. Later on when you get really good you can practice drawing different figure poses. The final sketch you pick will be your guideline
- Go to the fabric store and pick fabric swatches that you like and which inspire you. Attach swatches to your sketch and take notes regarding accessories and other embellishments. You will have the option to make your own pattern or buy an evening gown pattern and alter it. Change it anyway you want it. Create your own design. If you happen to have a dress form, you can put the fabric on it, and play with it. Create, create, create
- Design the gown on paper and then decide on a pattern. There are pattern books that you can study to make your own patterns, or buy a pattern and change it's design. Patterns aren't that hard to make. It just takes practice. It's fun to learn how to make a pattern, because you know it's the basis for a fabulous garment
How to Sew Evening Gowns:
Evening Gown: Preparation
- Sketch your initial concept. Although researching designer runway collections will inspire your sketching, the key factor for evening gowns is construction, silhouette, draping, fabric and trim selection. Visit your local designer boutiques, and take note of the draping and construction of several gowns. For example, a streamlined evening gown with a high front leg slit will require less draping than a draped bodice with a full bottom sweep. Try an evening gown on, and turn it inside out in order to view the inner construction such as bone work, seaming finishes, novelty linings and trim application
- Select your fabric. Your choice will rely heavily on the type of gown you have designed and how much draping is involved. Hold the fabric by the highest point on the bias. You will be able to view the fabric's natural drape without pinning or draping on your dress form. For example, a silk crepe back satin, a silk four-ply woven crepe, a silk satin face organza or a silk faille, although higher in price, will offer you a different type drape than a silk chiffon, silk stretch charmeuse or a silk crepe de chine
- Select your trims. Check for any special looping for beads or novelty trim application. If you are adding a beaded applique or embroidery pattern, it is best to bead and embroider the pattern parts separately and cut your fabric pattern as a full pattern panel. If you are beading a specifically designed pattern on your fabric part, it is best to cut your fabric part separately and sew any necessary handwork, prior to machine sewing and constructing your gown
- Drape your gown on your dress form prior to cutting your pattern. Certain fabrics, such as silks or dutchess satins, will leave pinholes in your fabric. Test the selvage, and see your fabric's reaction to pins. Draping your gown will offer you the opportunity to alter your initial sketch and make necessary changes to necklines, back interest, slits, sleeves or contoured waistlines. Keep in mind that most of these fabrics do not have significant stretch properties and are challenging to alter once cut and hemmed. Leave sufficient seam allowance in the event you must alter the dress
- Draft your initial paper pattern. Make a sloper of your evening gown before cutting your fabric for construction. A sloper is a term used when sewing the dress completely in a sample fabric such as muslin. This fabric is relatively inexpensive, has draping properties and will offer you the opportunity to fit your gown and make paper pattern adjustments and changes to your gown without damaging your project fabric
Evening Gown: Construction
- Cut all your fabric parts. Carefully pin the parts together prior to stitching. Smooth textured and light fabrics, such as silks, satins, laces and velvet, have a tendency to roll. Fabric shifting during stitching will cause uneven seams. Cut your lining separate from your gown's shell
- Add your trims, beads or embroidery to your fabric parts. Do not attach your trims directly to your shell and lining. This will not give you smooth inner seams and appearance. It can also cause discomfort when wearing your gown
- Sew your gown's shell and lining separately. Change your needle size, thread and sewing tension to accommodate your fabric type. Pin the two parts prior to stitching. Fit your gown to ensure your lining is not longer than your gown's shell. Check for any seam work bunching or puckering. You can opt to run a long machine or hand-basting stitch to secure your parts and then run your straight stitch to construct. Fit your garment for any final changes, and your evening gown is complete
How to Draft an Evening Gown:
- Learn to sketch haute couture fashion. Fill class, workshop and seminar schedules with courses in black and white rendering, markers, line drawing, design, draping, construction, color theory and fabric selection to begin each evening-gown project with a creative road map
- Envision the woman destined to wear your gown. Keep her in mind as you sketch and revise, using age and body type to guide your vision and help you stay on target. Pay attention to the nuances of evening gown engineering
- Explore the work of other evening gown designers for inspiration and ideas. Peruse pattern books to consider updated vintage designs. Look for unusual couture
- Visit fabric stores. Take your preliminary sketch along. Touch, fold and examine material. Choose bolts of fabric that meet your drawing's criteria as weight, draping and stitching must follow the specifications of your rendering for the gown to be properly constructed and finished
- Start drafting. Follow the perspective rule preferred by many design professionals: rather than using the standard seven-head lengths to determine the height of the woman onto which the gown will be drawn, make your drawing eight-heads tall to accentuate the sweeping drama of typical evening gown designs
- Take your original line drawing from simple to complex. Use a swatch of the fabric you've selected as your guide to render a final version of your evening gown using your favorite detailing medium---markers, watercolors, pastels, artist's pencils or another drawing tool. Present your finished design draft to the client
Tips & Warnings:
- The pillowcase protects the chiffon from damage. You may try a very low heat setting on the iron if desired. Do not exceed a low heat, or you will damage the garment.Never use steam or excessive water on chiffon garments
- Never put the chiffon in the washer or dryer. Spot clean or dry clean only
- 1 x Evening Dress
- Juliette Lewis Wears a Lilac Evening Dress
- Juliette Lewis wears a lovely one-shoulder lilac evening dress to the premiere of Due Date. With a hip high slit and delicate waves of ruffles, this is such a sweet look for the actress.
- From http://www.stylebistro.com/Celebrity+Clothes/articles/JTc5ZPTRPuR/Juliette+Lewis+Wears+Lilac+Evening+Dress
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
For Standard Tailoring Service
Since each of our dresses is customized for individual customer, we do not accept returns or exchanges. Please make sure that you have seen our size chart before placing your order.
Cancellation & Return Policy for Customized items:
For a customized dress that's completely designed and made just for you, such as a wedding gown or special occasion dress, DinoDirect kindly reminds you to check the size chart, color, the processing time to make sure the dress can reach you in time if you need it for a special occasion. Please read the information below carefully:
Orders canceled within 24 hours of payment will be eligible for a full refund.
Orders canceled within 1-3 days after payment will be eligible for a partial refund consisting of the full shipping cost and 50% of the product sales price.
Orders canceled after 3 days of payment will be eligible for a partial refund consisting of the full shipping cost.
Please be aware that we do not accept returns or exchanges once your order has been shipped.
For Color Mismatched items you received:
The settings of your computer screen may alter the color of the pictures shown on dinodirect.com. Slight color mismatches between the color of your dress and the color shown on screen may not mean that the dress is defective or mis-shipped.
If you have any question about color, please refer to the Color & Size Guide of customized products in DINO.
For defective you received:
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. Our service Representative will follow up with you within 24 hours, thanks so much for your understanding!
|Unit Price||USD$ 82.99||USD$ 79.99||USD$ 76.99||USD$ 72.99||USD$ 72.99|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.