Customers Also Bought
- The road bicycle bell can make your bike more perfect
- The hard material ensures the stability of the bicycle bell
- These bicycle bell can save your life in some urgent situation
- Having the sport bicycle compass bell, you can ride freely and relaxed
- Arm your bike with these road bike tools and have fun as you like
- The unique bicycle bell allows for quick and easy application thanks to a simple strap design
- These road bike tools can make your bike more perfect
- These road bike tools can save your life in some urgent situation
- Having these sport bike tools, you can ride freely and relaxed
How to Repair a Bicycle Bell Crank
- A bell crank is a linkage system that changes the direction of movement to create a mechanical advantage. Three-speed bicycles typically use this type of linkage to produce torque so the bicyclist can get more power at higher speeds. Repairing a back tire on this type of gearing system requires adjustment to the bell crank when it is reassembled. Although the adjustment is not difficult, there is a specific procedure to follow that is not readily apparent by simply taking apart the bell crank
- Push the bell crank housing back onto the rear tire axle. Fixing a flat tire on the rear of the bike requires removing the bell crank, so after the tire is fixed the bell crank must be reinstalled. Insert the bell crank housing onto the push rod that is attached to the rear axle. Tighten the Allen screw on the back of the bell crank housing to fasten it to the bike
- Unscrew and remove the bell crank cover. Insert the cable coming from the gearshift lever at the front of the bike through the cable-adjusting bolt, into the bell crank housing. The cable-adjusting bolt is located at the front of the bell crank assembly. Tighten the cable-adjusting bolt with your fingers
- Loosen the fixing nut with your fingers. The fixing nut is located next to the cable fixing plate inside the bell crank assembly. Slip the cable through the cable fixing plate and through the fixing nut. Grab the end of cable you just threaded with a pair of pliers. Loosen the cable-adjusting bolt from Step 2 while simultaneously pulling the cable tight with pliers, and then tighten down the fixing nut with your fingers. Be sure the cable is tight between the fixing plate and the cable-adjusting bolt. When you are satisfied that the cable is seated properly, tighten the cable-adjusting bolt. Cut off any excess cable where it exits through the fixing nut
- Set the gearshift lever at the front of the bike to second gear. Look down on the bell crank housing from above to properly see the adjustment window, so you can see the push rod from Step 1 through the adjustment window. Turn the cable-adjusting nut until the red line on the push rod lines up with the mark on the adjustment window
- Move the gearshift lever from second gear to third gear, and then from third gear to first gear. Then move the gearshift lever between third and first gear several times. Finally, set the gearshift lever back to second gear and verify that the red line on the push rod is still aligned with the mark on the adjustment window. Tighten the cable-adjusting nut to complete the adjustment. The cable-adjusting nut is located next to the cable-adjusting bolt
Tips & Warnings
- Because there are several nuts and bolts to work with in such close proximity, be sure to identify the various parts that need adjusting before beginning the procedure. This will help minimize confusion between such components as the cable-adjusting bolt and the cable-adjusting nut. Consult the owner's manual included with the bicycle to identify the various nuts and bolts
- 1 x Bell
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 7.19||USD$ 6.84||USD$ 6.50||USD$ 6.05|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.