Customers Also Bought
- It is 100% brand new BNC to BNC plug
- The BNC cable uses a small needle that resembles a coaxial cable needle
- The BNC cables connect by attaching in and twisting the cable
- It is made of durable and high quality
- This is very easy to install
- Design for CCTV camera
- Size: Approx. 5.3cm / 2.08in(L)
- Material: Metal
- BNC to BNC plug
- Durable and high quality
- BNC connector
What Are BNC & RCA Cables?
- While many people leave the connections and installation of electronics to the cable man, if you actually look behind your entertainment center, you'll see a maze of wires and cables. In order to send video and audio signals from devices to other devices, specialized video cables must be used. Two of the most popular cable options are the BNC and RCA cables. Both cables have their advantages and disadvantages, but they are reliable enough to transfer video and audio to multiple sources.
- BNC stands for Bayonet Neill-Concelman and it was named after the cable's inventors. The BNC cable uses a small needle that resembles a coaxial cable needle. This is surrounded by a white cylinder casing that is surrounded by small metal pieces. The BNC cables connect by attaching in and twisting the cable. BNC cables are used for many professional production equipment. TV studios, news studios or live feeds are often run using BNC cables. They offer a reliable connection and can adapt to multiple inputs and outputs.
- Consumer products mainly work by using RCA cables. RCA cables are named after the RCA Company, which invented them. The standard three-colored RCA cable features red, white and yellow connecters with a thick connection pin that sticks out. More complicated connections, like surround sound, rely on multiple-colored RCA cables that include blue, gray, green and brown. Each separate audio and video component needs an RCA adapter, so a large setup will require a lot of cables.
- Even though RCA and BNC cables are made for specific products, they can be adapted to multiple forms of electronics. Adapters are available that can be used to interchange BNC and RCA connections or to use the connections with other electronics. For example, a BNC cable can be converted to an Ipod adapter by simply using an adapter. The adapters make these cables universal in many aspects of audio and video.
- RCA and BNC cables and connectors are often referred to as either "male" or "female" cables. Male cables are the cables that have a pin. Female cables have the hole for the male cables to connect to. This makes purchasing, wiring and working with the cables easier by referring to their specific "gender." Adapters can also be used to convert a male plug to a female plug and female to male.
- While RCA and BNC cables are still reliable, advances in technology have led to more sophisticated cables taking over. While video game systems, VCRs and other TV components have relied on RCA cables, new HDMI cables have taken over because of their high definition quality. BNC cables are still heavily used in television studios and productions, but alternatives like the TNC connector, LEMO connectors and Twin BNC connectors.
How to Install a BNC RG8X Connector:
- The RG-8X coaxial cable offers lower loss than the more common RG-59, and more flexibility than other versions of RG-8 for various radio frequency applications. For quick connections and disconnections, you can terminate RG-8X with a BNC type connector. The "bayonet" lugs on the female terminal hold the male connector in place with a quarter turn of the outer collar. For ease of installation, use a solder-less crimp connector for both the inner conductor and the outer shield. You can order RG-8X with either a white or black outer jacket.
- Slip the outer ferrule of the connector onto the cable. Use the knife to trip the outer jacket off about one inch. The exact distance will vary with the particular brand or connector. The information leaflet included with the connector packet shows exact strip lengths. Make the cut even and square, and be careful not to nick the shield.
- Cut the shield back about a half-inch with the scissors. Make the cut even and square and do not straighten out the braids of the shield. Check the information sheet for the exact length.
- Strip the insulation off the center conductor about a quarter-inch back. Be careful not to nick the strands of the inner conductor. Check the information sheet for the exact length.
- Insert the center conductor into the center pin from the connector kit. Make sure all strands go in and push it flush against the insulation. Place the center pin in the appropriate die on the crimping tool and squeeze the handles until they stop. Release the handles and remove the pin from the tool.
- Insert the RG-8X cable into the connector body. Ensure the center pin goes into its hole and the inner ferrule goes under the shield. Slide the outer ferrule over the shield until it's flush against the connector body. Place the outer ferrule into the appropriate die on the crimping tool and squeeze the handles until they stop. Release the handles and remove finished connector from the tool.
- 1 x BNC to BNC Plug
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 2.46||USD$ 2.43||USD$ 2.41||USD$ 2.37|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.