Customers Also Bought
- This counted cross stitch kit contains cotton thread, 11 count aida, needle, and easy-to-follow instructions
- Everything needed to complete the design is included in the cross stitch kit
- Needlework project is quick and easy to stitch
- Distinctive from traditional framed artwork in the breathtaking detail and precision of the counted cross stitch kit
- Enjoy the satisfaction of bringing a stunning keepsake to life with this delightful counted cross stitch kit
- The counted cross stitch kit makes a wonderful gift for craft lovers, novice and pro alike
- Color: Blue
- Material: Cotton
- Size: 46 x 46cm/18.1 x 18.1in(11CT)
- This simple cross stitch contains cotton thread, 11 count aida, needle, and easy-to-follow instructions
- The pattern of this simple cross stitch is the undersea world which can create a mystery feeling when people are looking at it
- Needlework project of this simple cross stitch is quick and easy to stitch, and you can enjoy the fun during the embroidery
- You can enjoy the satisfaction of bringing a stunning keepsake to life with this delightful Counted Cross Stitch Kit
- This counted cross stitch chart is distinctive from traditional framed artwork in the breathtaking detail
How to Do Counted Cross Stitch
Whether it's an old-fashioned sampler or a pillow, many people find cross stitching to be a fun and relaxing hobby. One advantage of cross stitching is that it doesn't require years of sewing skill. Basic cross stitching involves creating rows of X-shaped stitches in different colored floss. Once you have the basic technique down, you can move on to more complicated patterns.
Preparing to Cross Stitch
- Get all the counted cross stitch supplies at once. Beginners should start with a kit that has a smaller design because this will make it easier to learn how to cross stitch. Begin with Aida cloth that has a large thread count per inch; for instance, 14 count Aida has fewer threads per inch than 18 count Aida and for this reason is easier to cross stitch. Some beginners even start with 11 count Aida. The color of the fabric can affect the difficulty; it is harder to see the holes in dark fabric. Even if the kit comes with the tapestry needle, you should buy extra in case it gets lost. A size #22 needle is generally used for fabric that is 14 count, while size #24 or #26 needles are used for 18 or larger count. Using an embroidery hoop or stand is totally a matter of personal preference. They will keep the fabric taught, but your hands will tire more quickly.
- Prepare the fabric. If it is dark and you are not sure whether it is colorfast, rinse in clear water. If dye comes out in the water, continue to rinse until the water runs clear. Allow the fabric to almost dry and press with an iron to finish drying and remove any creases. Trim off any selvage edges to prevent uneven stress on the fabric. Finish the edge by either folding masking tape over the edge or using a no-fray liquid. Finishing is optional as fraying will be minimal.
- Find the center of the fabric by folding it in half and then fold it in half in the opposite direction. The inside corner is the center of the fabric. Mark it with a safety pin or insert a thread of contrasting color. Find the center of the pattern and mark it as well.
- Thread the needle with the color floss that is in the center of the pattern. Beginning to cross stitch at this point will make sure the design is centered. Separate the floss completely. Although you cannot prevent the floss from twisting, separating the floss helps. Check the instructions that come with the pattern to determine how many strands are to be used. Measure approximately 18 to 20 inches of the floss and thread the needles. Do not put a knot in the end of the thread.
- Insert the fabric in the embroidery hoop or stand, if you are using one. Whether the fabric is pulled taut or not is also a personal preference. Look at the center of the pattern and determine how many cross stitches of the color floss that is on the needle will be in that section. Insert the needle from the underside of the fabric, coming up next to the center mark. Pull the thread almost out, holding approximately 1 inch on the underside with a finger of your opposite hand. You will secure the floss by looping several stitches over it as you make the first four or five cross stitches.
- Cross stitch by one of two methods. You can cross stitch each X completely before moving to the next one. Or you can cross stitch all the bottom parts of the Xs on one row, stitching from left to right and then cross stitch the top parts of the Xs by moving right to left. Continue until all the Xs in that color for that section are done. If the color is used again nearby--no more than three or four squares away--move over and begin cross stitching there. Don't move more than three squares to cross stitch another section with that color of floss, as it might show through the fabric.
- Finish the thread in the similar manner as you began it. When you have about 2 inches of thread left on the needle, turn the fabric over and feed the thread under four or five stitches to secure the end. Cut off the excess.
- Do any outlining after all the Xs are stitched. Thread the needle with the appropriate color and do a backstitch. Bring the needle up through one hole and go back to the left and down through the hole. Then move the needle two holes to the right of the first hole and
Tips & Warnings
- To help with twisting floss, release the needle and hold the fabric up so that the floss will untangle itself. Use a pencil or highlighter to mark each row and section on the pattern as it is finished. If your kit comes with dark fabric, place a sheet of white paper on your lap and sit near a lamp so that the light will hit the cloth and paper. This makes the holes easier to see.
- Cross stitching for a long time can cause eye strain. Look up every few minutes and rest your eyes. If you begin to experience eye strain, try using a crafter's magnifying glass. Cross stitching can fatigue your hands. Put the fabric down approximately every 10 minutes and flex your hands.
How to Finish Counted Cross Stitch:
- Step One: Start from the top left of the stitch, then bring the needle through from the bottom, holding the tail at the back of the thread. Leave about an inch (2.5 cm) on the back for an anchor if not using the loop start method
- Step Two: Bring the thread down to the lower right corner
- Step Three: Then back up through the upper right and down through the lower left, forming an X. Each time you should pull the thread all the way through so that it is flush with the fabric surface
- Step Four: Start your next stitch so it uses two of the same holes as the picture
- Step Five: Repeat, making sure your stitches overlap your anchor thread on the back of the fabric
How to wash cross stitch
- Use only cold water for the wash and rinse. Tap water is fine unless you have very hard water, then you will want to use distilled water. Make sure the sink and any containers you will use are clean.
- Pre-rinse the piece under cold, running water.
- Place in a soapy cold water and gently wash. Do not scrub. For detergent I recommend Yarn Tree's FabriCare, but other products are available. Avoid soaps that have additives such as fragrances, softeners, etc. Use only a small amount of detergent.
- If needed, rinse and wash a second time. DO NOT WRING the water out; this is not necessary and can pull the stitches.
- Rinse three times in cold water.
- As you work, check carefully for any sign of color bleeding, 'hoop marks' or other stains.
- Remove the piece from the final rinse. Let the water drain out of the fabric, but DO NOT WRING.
- Place the cross stitch on a dry bath towel, and roll up the towel (with the cross stitch still on the towel).
- Unroll the towel and repeat on a dry section of the towel (or another towel). Gently pressing on the rolled up towel will remove all the water you need to remove. Repeat as necessary.
- Unroll the towel. Lay the cross stitch face up on a dry section of the towel. If necessary, let the piece air dry until it is just damp but not dripping wet.
- Once again, check for any stains or marks. Once you iron the piece, it will be even more difficult to remove any stains.
- Place the cross stitch FACE DOWN on a DRY BATH TOWEL. Use an iron set to a low or medium temperature and lightly press the BACK of the cross stitch. If you have beads, special threads, etc. you want to be extra careful with this step. Keep the iron constantly moving. If you have not used that iron in a while, practice on a scrap piece of cross stitch fabric. Make sure the steam setting is 'off', and the iron is not 'spitting' steam. For the temperature setting, keep in mind the types of materials you used in the cross stitch; if there is any question, use a lower temperature.
- The cross stitch will still be slightly damp. Lay it face up on the towel and allow to air dry.
- 1 x Aida
- 1 x Thread Accessory
- 2 x Needles
- 1 x Instruction
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||£ 6.01||£ 5.75||£ 5.48||£ 5.13|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
Get DinoPoint™ by Writing reviews, Post Images, or Post Videos. The first five customers can get double points!
Bought this item on04-15-2011
- Other Thoughts: I've already started mine and I'm really impressed with the quality. This particular design is wonderfully colourful.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on03-23-2011
- Other Thoughts: The thread comes pre-organized - which saves so much time and hassle. And importantly for beginners specifically, the instructions and guidelines are easy to follow.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on03-09-2011
- Other Thoughts: I'm incredibly happy with this product. It comes in a nice and thick, protective plastic folder.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on02-23-2011
- Other Thoughts: I would suggest buying it for a girl, not a boy as the colors are more feminine than they appear on the image and it includes a sparkle filimint that a girl would more appreciate.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on02-09-2011
- Other Thoughts: I purchased and completed this Counted Cross Stitch Chart last year to make for my best friend's new little daughter and they loved it.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-26-2011
- Other Thoughts: This Simple Cross Stitch is pretty simple to complete (no really complicated stitches,) and the chart and all of the instructions are very straightforward and easy to follow.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-12-2011
- Other Thoughts: Also the colors of the threads are bright. I have been doing it for a couple of hours and I just can't stop! Love this Simple Cross Stitch!
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on12-29-2010
- Other Thoughts: The actual fabric of this Counted Cross Stitch Kit that you stitch is pretty stiff. It worths the money.
Was this review helpful?