Customers Also Bought
- 3 layers unique design is an elegant choice for you
- This white petticoat features a wide elastic waistband for a snug fit
- Soft for touching and comfortable enough for wearing
- With this white petticoat under your gown, you will be the most charming lady
- This white petticoat fits most wedding or prom formal dress gown
- It has an easy fit and good ventilation effect
- Material: Satin
- Color: White
- This Wedding Dress Crinoline Petticoat is 3 hoop layered design & made of high quality satin material, soft for touching and comfortable enough for wearing
- Elastic waist design makes you easy & comfortable to wear this white Wedding Dress Crinoline
- Three layered & ruffled design makes this Wedding Crinoline Petticoat perfect for your wedding
- The Wedding Dress Crinoline is beautiful, easy fit and good ventilation effect. So what are you still waiting for
What Is a Crinoline Petticoat?
- A crinoline petticoat, also known simply as a crinoline or petticoat, is a women's fashion accessory that has been around since the 1800s. Still worn in the modern era, the crinoline adds fullness to skirts and dresses without the aid of underframing or boning. Mostly seen in the bridal and formal market, the crinoline is also used in costuming, especially square dance, can-can and national dress.
- The crinoline made its appearance in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, and was composed of linen and horsehair. For the fashions of the day, several could be worn at once (some ladies wore up to seven). The next generation evolved to wearing stiff circular hoop frames underneath their skirts; these were lighter contraptions that sometimes had wheeled casters for mobility, but allowed more leg movement.
- The modern era saw the crinoline come back during the 1950s. This time, the crinoline was worn under poodle skirts and other circle-based skirts. However, this hyper-feminine trapping faded out of view during the rise of feminism, and is now relegated to bridal and prom dressing.
- A crinoline can come in many different lengths, ranging from mid-thigh to the ankle. Some crinolines have a fabric skirt section at the top, with tulle comprising the rest of the length. Crinolines also vary in rigidity; a crinoline with more fabric gathered into the sections will give more fullness than one with less. Some models also have multiple layers of tulle.
- Crinolines are used in countries that adopt a more Western European fashion aesthetic. Historically, they have been present in the wardrobes of England, France, Spain, the United States and Australia. Cultures that favor a slimmer or more bare silhouette often skip using the crinoline altogether. Some of the national dress of Latin America uses the crinoline.
- Since crinolines are now seen as specialty wear, they can be very hard to find. Some large department stores carry them for children, but ladies' sizes are often sold only in formal boutiques. To buy a crinoline, shop around online; while a bridal shop may charge over $100 for a long petticoat, Internet stores often ask for half that rate. Thrift shops are also promising places for gently used crinolines.
- The crinoline is no longer just an undergarment. Today they have become part of youth fashion. Popular boutiques like Hot Topic regularly stock crinolines that can be worn alone or under a skirt. Sold in hot colors, these garments are meant to be seen, not hidden. Fashion designers have also brought back the 1950s flared-skirt as a hot design, with many brands creating party dresses displayed with the crisp underpinnings.
Types of Crinolines:
- Throughout history, the shape of women's clothing has been in a state of constant change. Every time fashion shifts, undergarments have to shift to keep up. Were this not the case, women everywhere would be wearing a corset and hoop skirt under their T-shirts and jeans. In the mid- to late-1800s, the correct undergarments were just as important as the clothes that went over them. A large part of 19th century fashion was shaped by various forms of the crinoline.
- Horsehair crinolineIn 1837, Queen Victoria ascended the throne of England and overnight, fashion began to take its cue from the new queen. The new dress style was a low-waisted angular garment with voluminous skirts that required several layers of petticoats. These layers could be hot and unhygienic, so designers set to work creating new supports for these skirts out of metal, whalebone and stiffened petticoats. The most popular of these new petticoats was a new fabric, crinoline, made from a combination of linen and horsehair.
- Cage Crinoline
- Even a stiff fabric like crinoline was no match for the heavier skirts of the late 1850s, and the added weight of numerous petticoats continued to be a problem. Enter the cage crinoline. Patented by American W.S. Thomson in 1858, the cage crinoline was comprised of a series of flexible steel hoops with no covering fabric. The hoops were held together by cloth tap and graduated from smaller to larger, starting at the waist creating the bell shape we associate with the fashion of that time. This new design was much lighter, but it was sturdy enough to support the heavy gowns. Although the cage crinoline was not made of crinoline fabric, the term "crinoline" became synonymous with any garment used to support a large skirt.
- By 1860, skirt width had maxed out and the large bell-shaped skirts started to go out of fashion. As the skirts changed, so did the crinoline underneath. The new style became what is known as a crinolette, which was reminiscent of the Polonais popular in the late 18th century. The crinolette still attached at a woman's waist, but the front and sides flattened out, leaving the dome shape only in the back. This style was popular from 1867 to the mid-1870s.
- In the mid 1870s, the skirt portion of the crinoline fell away and the bustle was born. Like the original crinoline, the bustle was also stiffened with horsehair and added support to the back side of a woman's dress, highlighting her posterior region. Bustles came is several shapes and styles and, like the crinolettes, most had lacing to tie around the waist or attach a lighter weight petticoat.
- Modern crinolines
- After the Victorian era, crinolines fell off the fashion map until their revival in the 1940s and 50s. These crinolines were much shorter and were used to add volume to knee-length skirts popular at the time. Unlike their predecessors, these crinolines did not employ the use of metal bands and were made entirely of fabric.
- Today, crinolines are mostly seen in formal wear like wedding gowns. Like the crinolines of the 1940s and 50s, these skirts are are usually constructed of fabric only, but unlike crinolines of the past, the fabric is usually synthetic.
- 1 x 3 Layers Bridal Wedding Dress Crinoline Petticoat
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 39.41||USD$ 36.79||USD$ 34.18||USD$ 30.70||USD$ 30.70|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.