Customers Also Bought
- Range A Weighting: 40dB-130dB
- Range C Weighting: 45dB-130dB
- Digital Display(4 ranges): 40~70dB, 60-90dB, 80-110dB, 100-130dB
- Digital Display Resolution: 0.1dB
- Digital Updating Time: 160ms
- Quasi-Analog Bar (4 ranges): 40~70dB, 60-90dB, 80-110dB, 100-130dB
- Quasi-Analog Bar Resolution: 1dB
- Bar Updating Time: 40ms
- Accuracy at: 94dB, 1KHz, +/-2dB
- Analog Output: AC 0.707Vrms (F/S)
- Microphone: 6mm Dia. electric condenser microphone
- Frequency Range: 31.5Hz ~ 8KHz
- Battery Life: 60 hours typical
- Windscreen: Yes
- LCD Size: 30(H) x 35(W)
- Operation Temperature: 0°C~50°C
- Operation RH%: <80%RH
- Storage Temperature: -20°C~+50°C
- Storage RH%: 90%RH
- Battery: 4 x AAA Batteries
- Size: 23.0 x 5.7 x 4.4cm/9.1 x 2.2 x 1.7in(L x W x H)
- Digital display of sound level
- A & C weighting selectable
- Auto or Manual ranging selectable
- Fast & Slow response selectable
- Maximum hold
- Record Max./ Min
- Large 3-1/2 digit LCD display
- Low battery indicator
- Monitor the sound levels from traffic noise, alarm systems and workplace machinery
- This Digital Sound Level Meter is available for testing any environment, included indoor or outdoor
- Back side of the Cheap Sound Level Meter
- This Portable Sound Level Meter needs 4 AAA Batteries
- This Digital Sound Level Meter accurately monitors sound levels in a range from 40 to 130 decibels
Size in Detail:
How to Use a Sound Level Meter
A sound-level meter is a way to measure how loud, in decibels, music is playing. Professional sound engineers often use one to check the volume coming out of a PA at a big stadium show, trying to get the sound to peak at a certain level. In home audio, a sound-pressure level meter can be used to help get the best sound out of your speakers.
Insert the battery into the sound-pressure level meter. Point the microphone of the SPLM at the source and take the measurements of the sound coming out of the speakers.
Choose A-weighted on the SPLM when you want to measure specific frequencies, usually between 500Hz and 10,000Hz. Choose C-weighted on the SPLM when you want to get a measurement of the entire frequency range from 32Hz to 10,000Hz. Choose the response time, either fast or slow. Use slow to measure average sound levels and fast to measure peak levels.
Mount the SPLM on a tripod by screwing it into the mount threads on the bottom of the SPLM. Using a tripod will get you the most accurate measurements. Place the tripod at the listening position, generally where your ears are.
Calibrate your speakers by playing pink noise from a test CD, like Stereophile's Test CD (see References for link) through your speakers. You can take measurements on the SPLM to figure out whether you are getting sharp peaks or higher than average sound levels with the speakers placed in different parts of the room. Turn the volume up on your receiver until the SPLM reads 0.
Play the test tones on the Test CD and write down the measurements on the SPLM. Be sure to stand off to the side of the SPLM while doing this to ensure accuracy. Your goal should be to get a reading as close to 0 for each of the test tones. Fiddle with the speaker placement to get this. Some subwoofers, such as Infinity, use this system in conjunction with an equalizer to get the best bass response in your room.
Tips & Warnings
Use the SPLM to check the sound coming from your speakers by turning the volume up to your normal listening level. At 90dB, the U.S. Department of Labor estimates you can listen to sound for up to eight hours without damage; at 100dB, that time shrinks to two hours.
- 1 x Digital Sound Level Meter
- 4 x AAA Batteries
- 1 x User Manual
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 50.54||USD$ 48.19||USD$ 45.84||USD$ 42.70|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.