Customers Also Bought
5 Digit & 0.1dB
Time Weighting Selection
1/2 Inch Condenser Microphone
Sound Measuring Level Selection
- Two equivalent weighted sound pressure levels, A and C
- Fast and slow dynamic characteristics modes for your choice
- Max locked function has the maximum value, after the stent-in-one unique, easy to use
- AC Analog Signed Output for frequency analyzer level recorder or X-Y axis, FFT analyzer, graphic recorder, etc. to do statistical analysis of data logger
- Low battery indicator and auto power off function can save power for you
- This noise meter is portable, easy to use and handy
- Instantaneous sound measure function is very useful
- Passed the high standards of IEC651 TYPE 2 & ANSI S1.4 TYPE 2 for sound level meters
- Size: 30.0 x 30.0 x 30.0cm/11.8 x 11.8 x 11.8in(L x W x T)
- Instantaneous sound measure function of the digital sound meter is very useful
- The noise meter is very portable that you can take it with you coveniently
- Check out the ergonomics design from the back and side view pictures
- Check out the package detail of this sound decibel meter from the picture above
How Does a Sound Level Meter Work?
- Sound is an oscillation in the air. It travels as waves of pressure increasing and decreasing pressure. The strength of the pressure waves determines the volume of the sound. Sound volume is usually measured in decibels (dB). Decibels don't increase linearly, but logarithmically. So if one sound is 10 decibels stronger than another, it actually exerts 10 times as much pressure. The sound of a jet engine at 110 decibels is actually 10 million times as strong as the sound of leaves rustling. Loud sounds actually contain so much energy that they can damage the ear drums. Sound level meters are usually used to make sure sounds are kept at a safe level
- Decibel meters use microphones, just like sound recorders. The microphone contains a grill or screen, which protects a movable cartridge or membrane. When the pressure waves from a sound collide with the membrane, they move it back and forth. This causes the membrane to create an electric current. The more the membrane moves, the stronger the current it creates. The sound level meter measures the strength of the current, and turns it into a number indicating the volume of the sound
Recording and Processing the Information
- There are some sounds which are so loud that even being exposed to them for a few seconds can damage the hearing. For many sounds, however, the issue of safe exposure is a little more complicated. These sounds fall into an intermediate range; they are safe to hear for a short period of time, but can damage your hearing if you are constantly exposed to them. Therefore, sound meters have to log, or record sound levels. They take samples of the sound over a period of hours or days, and record them. They can use these samples to calculate an average volume. They can also store sound level peaks. that way, the meters can gauge whether the sound level ever gets high enough to be an immediate danger and whether its average is high enough to damage hearing over the long run
How to Use a Sound Level Meter
- A sound-level meter is a way to measure how loud, in decibels, music is playing. Professional sound engineers often use one to check the volume coming out of a PA at a big stadium show, trying to get the sound to peak at a certain level. In home audio, a sound-pressure level meter can be used to help get the best sound out of your speakers
- Getting started
- Insert the battery into the sound-pressure level meter. Point the microphone of the SPLM at the source and take the measurements of the sound coming out of the speakers
- Choose A-weighted on the SPLM when you want to measure specific frequencies, usually between 500Hz and 10,000Hz. Choose C-weighted on the SPLM when you want to get a measurement of the entire frequency range from 32Hz to 10,000Hz. Choose the response time, either fast or slow. Use slow to measure average sound levels and fast to measure peak levels
- Mount the SPLM on a tripod by screwing it into the mount threads on the bottom of the SPLM. Using a tripod will get you the most accurate measurements. Place the tripod at the listening position, generally where your ears are
- Calibrate your speakers by playing pink noise from a test CD, like Stereophile's Test CD (see References for link) through your speakers. You can take measurements on the SPLM to figure out whether you are getting sharp peaks or higher than average sound levels with the speakers placed in different parts of the room. Turn the volume up on your receiver until the SPLM reads 0
- Play the test tones on the Test CD and write down the measurements on the SPLM. Be sure to stand off to the side of the SPLM while doing this to ensure accuracy. Your goal should be to get a reading as close to 0 for each of the test tones. Fiddle with the speaker placement to get this. Some subwoofers, such as Infinity, use this system in conjunction with an equalizer to get the best bass response in your room
- 1 x Noise Meter
- 4 x Batteries
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 50.35||USD$ 47.79||USD$ 45.23||USD$ 41.82|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.