- This Peking Opera Doll demonstrates chinese traditional art and history people
- This lovely statuary will adorn any indoor environment and is perfect for landscaping
- You will sure to be thrilled with its every detail and concentration of color on it as well
- This is an awesome gift with chinese characteristics to keep and to give and will be cherished for years to come
- Material: Resin(Body & Hand), Bone China(Head), Artificial Silk(Hair), Cotton & Silk(Cloth), Wooden(Chassis)
- Size: 13 x 13cm/5.12 x 5.12in(Chassis), 33.5 x 13.5 x 14cm/13.19 x 5.32 x 5.51in(L x W x H)
- This lovely Chinese Doll will adorn any indoor environment and is perfect for landscaping.The Chinese Doll is the best choice for you! Also the Chinese Dolls are good gift for your friends
- This Collectible Chinese Peking Opera Character Doll follows the original designs from Beijing opera costume and makeup with exquisite faux pearl head dress
- Welcome to the wonderful and magical world of Collectible Chinese Peking Opera Official Character Doll, the amazing Chinese Doll will bring a lot of fun to you
- If you have not heard about Chinese Doll? Do not worry; you will soon be on nodding terms. The Chinese Doll is Exacting manufacturing standards deliver hours of interactive fun
Art Tours of China
- Chinese art forms, which began in 600 B.C. during the Tang Dynasty, are inspired by both nature and religion. They include painting, calligraphy, silk and folk arts, sculpture and metal craft and paper cutting. These art forms utilize various metals, jade, silk, clay and cloth. Several tours take visitors around different regions of China to visit museums and towns that specialize in either specific art forms, like intricate papercuts, or offer a wide range of art to enjoy
- China Highlights: The tour organizer China Highlights offers a two-week culture and art tour for around $2,500 per person in 2011. This tour includes a visit to a cloisonne factory, where Chinese artisans create enamel and copper sculpture, a pearl jewelry art shop, a trip to the Yin Xu art museum, a tour of a jade shop, and a tour of a silk museum
- China Travel Guide: The tour site China Travel Guide offers a two-week tour starting in Beijing and ending in Shanghai with prices starting at $1,600 per person in 2011. Tour highlights include a visit to the Peking Opera, a museum filled with 8,000 excavated terracotta warrior sculptures, jade museums and art museums in Shanghai
- China Fact Tours: The tour site China Fact Tours offers a nine-day tour that highlights Chinese culture and history with prices available through website inquiries. This tour includes a behind-the-scenes visit to the Peking Opera to view the art of applying opera makeup, and visits to the Shanghai museum and a pearl factory
- Chinese Calligrahpy: A visitor on any China tour will be exposed to the prevalent Chinese art of calligraphy. This is one of China's oldest art forms and is still practiced by artisans throughout China. Chinese calligraphy is known by its thick brush strokes, dark ink, and the incorporation of dry brushstrokes and blots, which are not seen as imperfections
- Chinese Folk Art: Chinese folk art will be viewed in most sections of China. These arts are not only decorative but oftentimes functional and can be observed during festival times and times of celebration. Wood block prints are common throughout China, and so are ornate designs cut from paper, which was invented in China. Folk art furniture, lacquered hardwood pieces, can also be seen throughout China
History of Makeup in Theater
- As long as theater has existed, actors have used stage makeup. From ancient Greece to the theater of the Orient to present-day Broadway, theatrical makeup has been an integral part of any play. The use and application of makeup for the theater has evolved over thousands of years
- Ancient Greece: The majority of plays in Greek theater were performed by masked actors, and we have little evidence of makeup playing a central role in the actor's appearance. The Greek masks acted as a sort of megaphone, as their shape created a natural means of vocal amplification. More importantly, in Greek theater, an actor might play several parts. Rather than cumbersome makeup changes, an actor could simply change masks to indicate that he was playing a new character
- There is some evidence, however, to support that early Greek plays may have featured actors who wore lead-based white makeup with red accents. This toxic makeup would be popular for centuries, both onstage and off
- Peking Opera: Peking Opera's popularity peaked in during the Qing Dynasty from 1644 to 1911. Actors originally wore masks, but later opted for makeup in order to show facial expression
- Featuring brightly colored swirling designs of black, red, blue and white, Peking Opera performers studied facial characteristics to develop a standard for creating facial makeup that could instantly tell you everything you needed to know about the character
- Japanese Kabuki Theatre: Kabuki makeup is also highly colorful and stylized. The actor wore a silk cap, and then added a wig appropriate to his role
- A white oil-based foundation is applied as a base, and then covered with a white matte makeup. In kabuki, it is the eyebrows and mouth that are the most stylized. Most makeup is white, red or black.
- As in Peking Opera, the makeup style reveals a great deal about the character
- Elizabethan Theatre: The theatrical makeup of Shakespeare's day was made from whatever could be found. Lead paint was popular, both as makeup of choice for Queen Elizabeth as well as on the stage. Facial features were accented by chalk powder or soot. Corks were burned, and used to apply full dark lines upon the face to highlight facial features or to give the look of a soldier in battle.
- False beards became popular during this period as well
- Most theaters were open, and so all plays were lit with natural light
- Restoration/Enlightenment-era Theatre: Makeup of this era was characterized by a polished, feminine look on both men and women. White lead face paint provided the base for both men and women. Hair was covered with elaborate powdered wigs, which women often adorned with seeds pearls, jewels or feathers. Beauty marks were drawn in on both men and women. Lip color and blush were used on both sexes, and would have been made (as it had been for centuries) from natural ingredients such as insect bodies, berries and animal fat
- Plays were often performed in theaters lit only by candles and gas light, so the makeup had to be larger than life to be seen clearly
- Ibsen and the Naturalist movement: Ibsen's plays, and all plays of the Naturalist movement, were characterized by a desire to show realistic situations and characters. The overdone makeup of the past was replaced simple makeup in a naturalistic style, or else no makeup at all
- Greasepaint evolved roughly around this time. Greasepaint was made from lard and pigments, and was used in turn of the century theater as well as in early movies
- Modern Theatre and Current Trends: The so-called pancake makeup we recognize today was developed in 1914 by Max Factor. Popular stage makeup brands today include Ben Nye and Mehron. Today's makeup is safe and does not include toxic lead
- Theatrical makeup today can be used for a natural look, or for a detailed creative look, as for the musical "Cats."
- With the advent of liquid latex, great prosthetics can be created for any role
- Please wipe it with a damp cloth instead of rinsing with water
- 1 x Collectible Chinese Peking Opera Character Doll
Spec Condition New Type Doll Material Resin((Body & Hand), Bone China(Head), Artificial Silk(Hair), Cotton & Silk(Cloth), Wooden(Chassis) Dimension 13 x 13cm/5.12 x 5.12in(Chassis), 33.5 x 13.5 x 14cm/13.19 x 5.32 x 5.51in(L x W x H) Features Features This Peking Opera Doll demonstrates chinese traditional art and history people
This lovely statuary will adorn any indoor environment and is perfect for landscaping
You will sure to be thrilled with its every detail and concentration of color on it as well
This is an awesome gift with chinese characteristics to keep and to give and will be cherished for years to come
Packaging Package Included 1 x Collectible Chinese Peking Opera Character Doll
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 55.60||USD$ 51.52||USD$ 47.99||USD$ 44.92||USD$ 42.22|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
Bought this item on05-07-2011
- Other Thoughts: I got what I was looking for and I got it quick Thanks. The quality was good, but not the best. I am very happy with it.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-18-2011
- Other Thoughts: It did a wonderful job getting us a new one. The second set works perfectly. Other than the mishap on the first one, the set is a-okay with me.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-01-2011
- Other Thoughts: My 3yo gets alot of enjoyment out of them. She lines them up, practices counting, practices her colors etc. A great gift!
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on06-07-2011
- Other Thoughts: This product is excellent and does exactly what we wanted. We have ordered equipment before and have always been very pleased with the quality and performance of the product, along with the best price. We will definitely order from here in the future. Thank you.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on05-24-2011
- Other Thoughts: Fast shipping, arrived in perfect condition, with all that was promised.Excellent Service, Highly Recommended Will buy again
Was this review helpful?