Customers Also Bought
- Detects all halogenated refrigerants and halogen compounds
- Warms up in 6 seconds after power on
- No manual-adjustment needed
- Van-speed sensitivity adjustment
- 20cm flexible sensor probe
- Automatically calibrates and adjusts sensitivity
- Tricolor battery voltage indication
- Equipped with quality high sensitivity 6gr/yr sensor
- Ultra-low power consumption IC circuit design -- 50 hours typical usage time before batteries drain
- Powered by 4 x AAA batteries (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 5.98 in x 1.5 in x 1.38 in
- The handheld halogen leak detector detects all halogenated refrigerants and halogen compounds
- High quality material makes the electronic halogen leak detector durable and reliable for long time use
- Come with a Leather Pouch, for easy taking the electronic halogen leak detector with you
Halogen Leak Detector Replacement Tips:
Looking for leaks in a refrigeration or air-conditioning system can be easily done using an automatic halogen leak detector. Unlike in the past, where soaps and bubbles were used to detect leaks, the use of an automatic detector takes the guess work out of finding leaking gas. But like any other gadgets, halogen leak detectors may also fail. When this happens, there are several things you can check before deciding to throw it away and buy a new one
- Check to see if the batteries are still in good working condition. Check the switch for any signs of dirt that may be interfering with its proper operation. If you need to replace the batteries with new ones, alkaline batteries because they last longer.
- Check whether the sensing tip is properly functioning. Turn on the switch and check if the indicator light is on. If it lights up but cannot detect any leak, then you probably have problems with the sensing tip.
- Check the design and construction of the sensing tips when buying replacements. Look for tips that have a protective filter. This prevents the sensing tip from catching dirt quickly and minimizes maintenance time.
Cleaning the Tip
- Visually inspect the tip for any obvious dirt buildup. If you see dirt, then it is time for some cleaning. Soak it for a few seconds in a mild solvent, like alcohol. Use an air compressor to clean the tip.
- Do not use solvents like turpentine and gasoline when cleaning. These solvents leave a residue on the surface that affects the sensitivity of the sensors.
Replacing the Tip
- Turn the unit off before removing the sensing tip. Take out the tip finger by unscrewing the bolt found on the side. Remove the sensing tip by turning it counterclockwise until it comes off. Attach the new replacement tip and screw it in place by turning it clockwise. Secure the tip by tightly screwing the tip head.
- Be sure the unit is turned off before you remove the sensing tip to avoid minor electrical shocks.
- Protect the sensing tip from getting contaminated with oil or grease by wrapping it with filter paper. Replace the filter paper with a clean one every time it gets dirty so you don't need to disassemble the tip often.
- It's important to ensure proper maintenance of your leak detector. Following these tips should reduce performance failures and extend the life of your gadget.
Pinned Tip vs Center Core Tip
- Check the connection configuration of the sensing tip before buying a replacement. There are two types of designs that vary depending on the manufacturer or year model. The pinned sensing tip has two prongs protruding inside that connects to the power source. On the other hand, the center core tip has only one solid contact located at the center. Make it last longer by keeping it clean and free from contaminants.
- 1 X Halogen Leak Detector
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 25.93||USD$ 25.30||USD$ 24.68||USD$ 23.85||USD$ 23.85|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.