Customers Also Bought
- The adventure outdoor emergency blanket keeps you prepared for the unexpected
- Special PET material that is metalized to reflect back up to 90% of your radiated body heat
- Outdoor emergency blanket is lightweight and repairable, and fits into a compact stuff sack for easy storage
- While this outdoor emergency blanket looks flimsy but it is quite difficult to puncture
- This outdoor emergency blanket is great for your friends those adventure enthusiast
- Material: PET
- Color: Silver
- Size: 210 x 130cm(L x W)
- Special material that is metalized to reflect back up to 90% of your radiated body heat
- This outdoor emergency blanket is great for your friends those adventure enthusiast
- This outdoor adventure emergency is very reflective and would be easy to spot from the air, just crunch them up' so there are many different reflecting angles
- The outdoor adventure emergency blanket keeps you prepared for the unexpected
How to Use Emergency Blankets:
Your emergency survival kit has emergency blankets as part of its content, but what do you do with them, and how do you use them? You might wonder how such a small package can contain something that will actually help to keep you warm or cool. It's true that they're not exactly miracle workers, but emergency blankets do serve many purposes in emergency situations. Here, I will list some of the more common ways that people use them
- Emergency blankets can be used to stay warm. Wrap the blanket around the person in need of warmth. You want to wrap it tightly but not too tightly, and it's generally recommended that you cover the feet, entire body, and most of the head. A larger individual may require two blankets to be adequately covered. Try to position the person on as dry of land as possible and with as much sun directed at them as possible. The blanket keeps the person warm through using the sun on its reflective surface
- Emergency blankets can be used to keep a car cool if it breaks down on a hot summer day. Place the blanket, reflective side up, over the windshield on the car. If you have extras, you can place them over the windows and the rear windshield as well. This will help to keep the car cool
- Emergency blankets can be used to create shade where there is none. Hang the emergency blanket above you, with the reflective side facing up. Instant shade
- Emergency blankets can be hung next to a campfire to make the area where you are sitting warmer. Place the reflective side towards the fire and enjoy the toasty warmth
How Does a Thermal Blanket Work?
A thermal blanket, also known as an emergency blanket, Mylar blanket and space blanket, is a thin sheet of plastic with an extremely reflective coating. It is often used to treat hypothermia, but can also be used to make sleeping bags warmer, to construct homemade solar heating ovens and for other projects as well. It is either silver or gold in color, and is usually big enough to wrap an adult in. When it is folded up it is extremely compact, and it weighs very little, which makes it useful for emergency kits
- The Basics: A thermal blanket, also known as an emergency blanket, Mylar blanket and space blanket, is a thin sheet of plastic with an extremely reflective coating. It is often used to treat hypothermia, but can also be used to make sleeping bags warmer, to construct homemade solar heating ovens and for other projects as well. It is either silver or gold in color, and is usually big enough to wrap an adult in. When it is folded up it is extremely compact, and it weighs very little, which makes it useful for emergency kits.
- Thermal Radiation: People lose heat through thermal radiation. All objects radiate infrared energy. The warmer the object, the more energy is radiated, cooling the object. A thermal blanket is more than 80 percent reflective. That means that more than 80 percent of the thermal energy that reaches it is deflected back towards its source. When someone is wrapped in a thermal blanket, his own reflected infrared heat is reflected back towards him, warming him up more quickly.
- Evaporation and Convection: People also lose heat through evaporation and convection. When sweat or other liquid on the body evaporates into the air, it takes some body heat with it. That is why people perspire--as a way to keep cool. Convection--the movement of air currents--can speed up evaporation, cooling the body much more quickly. If someone gets wet in an extremely cold environment, evaporation can become a big problem, causing hypothermia or even death. A thermal blanket forms a barrier between the user and the surrounding air, preventing moisture from escaping and carrying heat away.
- Conduction: The biggest weakness the thermal blanket has is in stopping conduction. When a warmer object comes in contact with a colder object, heat slowly flows from the warmer object to the colder one in a process called conduction. The best way to stop conduction is with a thick insulating layer, such as a winter jacket, which can slow the flow of heat. Because a Mylar blanket is so thin, it only has a limited ability to prevent heat conduction. Because of its other useful thermal properties, however, it can still help keep someone warm in an emergency situation
How to Buy Emergency Equipment:
Emergency preparedness requires some up front planning and the purchase of some emergency equipment that most people don't have lying around the house. There has been a growing interest in personal emergency preparedness in the wake of September 11 and Hurricane Katrina, which many stores now cater to. However, savvy shoppers know you don't have to pay top dollar to specialty stores to become adequately prepared for emergencies. Read on to learn more
- Visit your local hardware store and lumber yards, where you'll find items to help you secure your home before or repair your home following a natural disaster. Items that are wise to have on hand include sheets of plywood, extra tarps, food grade water barrels and N-95 masks
- Go to the grocery store. That's right, the grocery store. The Number 1 thing you can do to ensure your family is prepared for emergency is build an emergency stockpile of food items that require little or no preparation. Canned foods such as meals, fruits, vegetables and meats are a good place to start. Be sure to pick up a case or two of bottled water to begin building your water storage
- Shop at local or online emergency preparedness stores, which sell emergency equipment such as crank flashlights, emergency blankets, foods packaged for long-term storage and first aid kits. Just be careful that you aren't overpaying for your items. For example, some of these shops sell food grade water barrels for as much as $100 when you can pick them up sometimes for free or just a few dollars at local soda bottling plants
- Buy emergency equipment at your local department store. More and more chain stores are stocking things like crank flashlights and radios, emergency blankets and other such items. Throw one in the basket when you're doing your regular shopping, and before you know it, you'll have everything you need to ride out a bad storm, a flood or other emergency situation
- Check out the Red Cross website, which has an entire store where you can purchase complete emergency preparedness kits and first aid supplies
- Stop by the luggage department to pick up a good-sized backpack to use as a bug out bag. It's great to make sure your home is ready for an emergency, but what would happen if you had to evacuate in a hurry? A bug out bag is a three-day supply of emergency equipment, food and water supplies, basic first aid items and essential papers (waterproofed in a self-sealing bag, like Ziploc) that you can grab and go if you need to evacuate your home in an emergency
- 5 x Emergency Blankets
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 8.36||USD$ 8.23||USD$ 8.09||USD$ 7.91|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.