Customers Also Bought
- Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- SATA Interface: 3.5in Interface
- Power Supply: DC +5 V/1A (from the USB port power)
- Humidity: Up to RH80%, no condensation state
- Operating Temperature: 0 °C ~ 65 °C
- Storage Temperature: 20 °C ~ 80 °C
- System Requirements: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista, Mac OS 9.0, Linux 2.4 or higher; (Mac and Windows 98 the following need to install the driver)
- Size: 130 x 78 x 12mm/5.12 x 3.07 x 0.47in(L x W x H)
- This USB HDD external case is used to house the hard disk externally, adding storage and flexibility to any system
- The SATA HDD external case connects to the computer through a universal serial bus (USB) or Firewire port, making it a plug-and-play device
- This means it can be turned off and on while the system is up and running
- It can be used for many purposes and provides portability between desktop and laptop, or home and office
- High brightness LED light indicates the state reading and writing, indicating the current status of the disk to run
- Support USB-HDD boot function, facilitate the boot, system recovery, data copy, anti-virus, etc. (require motherboard support)
- This HDD External Case is used to house the hard disk externally, adding storage and flexibility to any system
- Support USB-HDD boot function, facilitate the boot, system recovery, data copy, anti-virus, etc.
- 3.5in USB 2.0 to SATA IDE HDD Hard Disk Drive External Enclosure Case
How to Use an External Hard Drive as an Internal Drive?
First you are going to flip over the external hard drive case and locate the screws. Take out all the screws and the case cover should pop right off. At this point you can see the hard drive inside
Look to see if the hard drive is fastened into the case with more screws if so please take the screws out. Unplug the cables going to the hard drive from the case, there should be 2 one for power which is short plug and one that is a long thin plug which is what transfers the data
- IDE Cable, this is the cable that transfers the data
You need to open your computer now, most computers have a few screws on the back and the case comes apart or one side comes off the case so that you can see the innards of the computer. On the hard drive you need to change it to slave or master depending on if you want the hard drive to be the main hard drive(Master) or to be extra storage(Slave). Each hard drive has the layout on a diagram on the top of the hard drive. Cable Select will let the computer choose if it is master or slave depending on if it is first or second on the cable]
- CS = Cable Select, SL = Slave, MA = Master
You will need to insert the internal hard drive into one of the slots, making sure that the screw holes are lined up correctly. Screw in the screws to hold the hard drive in place, usually 2 are used. If you have access to both sides of the computer you should put 2 screws in on both sides
- Inserting and installing screws for the hard drive to stay in place
You are now going to look for the IDE cable like in the photo in step 2. You will need to plug this into the back of your hard drive that you have taken out of the external case. You will also need to locate the power cable and plug it into the back of the hard drive too. The power cable looks like the cable in the photo, the right hand side is the cable end you will be looking for
- This is a power cable inside the computer, though it is usually a little bit longer
Now that both cables are plugged in and the hard drive is installed in the computer you can put the case back on your computer and start it up. You now have a new external hard drive installed internally
Here is a picture of a SATA cable which is the newer version of the IDE cable, you may need to use this if the hard drive and computer are newer
- SATA Cable
- This photo is of an adaptor you can get to change your power cable over to SATA power cable
- SATA power cable 4 pin to 15 pin
- 1 x HDD Enclosure
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Power
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 12.54||USD$ 11.95||USD$ 11.37||USD$ 10.58|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.