Customers Also Bought
- The 58mm UV lens filter will help you make the most of virtually every photo opportunity by improving image impact and quality
- The digital cameras filters are meticulously crafted from the highest quality optical glass
- Ultraviolet UV improves contrast and color saturation by reducing the effects of ultraviolet light and atmospheric dust and haze in sunny landscapes, including mountain, marine and aerial scenes
- This camera lens filter can be used in combination with polarizer for stunning scenics or to protect the front lens element from dirt, fingerprints, and scratches
- Size: 58mm/2.28in(Dia.)
- This lens filter eliminates problems from most situations where increased haze tends to wash out color and image clarity
- Enhance your camera's properties with this 58mm UV lens filter! Adds some touch to your photograph with this UV lens filter
- UV Lens Filter has a sharp central image with a pleasant blurring of the outer field
- This camera lens filter very easy to install no any professional knowledge just a single movement-screw it at front of your camera lens
- A 58mm UV lens filter serves to protect your lens from all dust, dirt, scratches and fingerprints. It also absorbs the ultraviolet rays of the sun thereby reducing or eliminating distortion
Size in Detail:
What's the Camera Lens Filters:
- Camera lens filters still have many uses in digital photography, and should be an important part of any photographer's camera bag. These can include polarizing filters to reduce glare and improve saturation, or simple UV/haze filters to provide extra protection for the front of your lens
Lens Filter Type:
- The most commonly used filters for digital photography include polarizing (linear/circular), UV/haze, neutral density, graduated neutral density and warming/cooling or color filters
- Example uses for each are listed below:
Common Subject Matter
Linear & Circular Polarizers
Reduce Glare Improve Saturation
Sky / Water / Foliage in Landscape Photography
Neutral Density (ND)
Extend Exposure Time
under bright light
Graduated Neutral Density (GND)
Control Strong Light Gradients Reduce Vignetting
Dramatically Lit Landscapes
UV / Haze
Improve Clarity with Film Provide Lens Protection
Warming / Cooling
Change White Balance
Landscapes, Underwater, Special Lighting
- UV Filters - Absorb ultraviolet rays and cuts through far-off atmospheric haze. UV filters also serve as protection for your lens, so it is recommended that you keep them on at all times. UV filters have no drastic image enhancing effect, other than cutting through haze.
- Sky Filters - Reduce blushiness in outdoor shots, especially in shade under a clear sky. Another function of sky filters is that they keep skin tones free of reflections from near objects (such as trees)
- Polarizers - Polarizers come in two varieties, Circular Polarizers (CPL) or Linear Polarizers (PL). Generally, linear polarizers are best for manual focus cameras, and circular polarizers are best for autofocus. The reason for this is that with a linear polarizer, many autofocus and metering systems have problems focusing or metering light. When light rays reflect off of a surface, they become polarized. Polarizing filters allow you to basically select which of these light rays you want to allow to pass through. Polarizing filters allow you to remove reflections from any non-metallic surface, such as glass, water, granite countertops, etc. They also increase clarity and vibrance of colors, and drastically improve the appearance of a blue sky. By increasing the contrast between the sky and clouds, and darkening the blue of the sky, they make for some very vivid sky shots
- Differences in sky tones and contrast when using a polarizing filter. Left is without a filter, right is with a polarizer
- Reflection reducing effect that a polarizer has on water. Left side is minimal effect (selected by rotating the polarizer), and the right side is maximum effect
- Neutral Density Filters - Neutral Density (ND) filters are commonly ignored by photographers, but actually have several uses and can help you achieve otherwise unobtainable effects. ND filters work by creating a reduction in light that is neutral amd equal for the sensor area. Some of the uses for ND filters are to decrease depth of field, effectively allowing larger apertures to be used, allowing better seperation of subject and background. They also allow slower shutter speeds (which would normally cause over-exposure) to be used to record movement in subjects such as moving cars, waterfalls, etc. Graduated Neutral Density (GND) filters are neutran density filters which vary the effect with a gradient, which can be helpful when the differences between the highlights and shadows in a scene are too great to be able to properly expose both. ND-2 filters will absorb 1 f-stop of light, ND4 will absorb 2 f-stops, and ND-8 will absorb 3 f-stops
- Comparison showing the effects of both ND4 and ND8 filters on higher exposure and larger aperture
- Star Filters - Star filters, also known as cross screen filters, create a star pattern with lines that radiate from very bright objects, such as lights or reflections of the sun. The number of stars which a filter produces as well as the number of points each star has, varies depending on the filter. Most star filters will be marked as '8 point', '6 point', '4 point', etc. which denotes the number of points each star has
- Comparison between Tiffen star filters
- IR Filters - Infrared filters allow only infrared light to pass through, blocking all visible light
- Intensifying Filters - Filters which intensify one particular color. May be used to make the sky or grass more vibrant, etc
- Diffusion Filters - Diffusion filters give a very 'soft' feel to shots, great for portrait work, in which they are very good at hiding blemishes and uneven surfaces
- Duto Filters - Duto filters work somewhat like diffusion filters, but leave the center of the image very sharp while giving the edges a soft feel. Great for portrait work and professional photography
- Portrait Filters - Portrait filters reduce yellows and oranges but enhance pinks, making skin tones more vivid and clear
- Fluorescent Filters - Fluorescent (FL) filters correct the greenish-yellow tone that fluorescent lighting gives off
- Smoothing water movement in waterfalls, rivers, oceans, etc.
- Achieving a shallower depth of field in very bright light
- Reducing diffraction (which reduces sharpness) by enabling a larger aperture
- Making moving objects less apparent or not visible (such as people or cars)
- Introducing blur to convey motion with moving subjects
- photo with a smoothed water effect from a long exposure
- However, only use ND filters when absolutely necessary because they effectively discard light-which could otherwise be used to enable a shorter shutter speed (to freeze action), a smaller aperture (for depth of field) or a lower ISO setting (to reduce image noise). Additionally, some ND filters can add a very slight color cast to the image.
- Generally no more than a few f-stops is need for most waterfall scenarios, so most photographers just keep one or two different ND filter amounts on hand. Extreme light reduction can enable very long exposures even during broad daylight
Problems with Lens Filters:
- Filters should only be used when necessary because they can also adversely affect the image. Since they effectively introduce an additional piece of glass between your camera's sensor and the subject, they have the potential to reduce image quality. This usually comes in the form of either a slight color tint, a reduction in local or overall image contrast, or ghosting and increased lens flare caused by light inadvertently reflecting off the inside of the filter
- Filters may also introduce physical vignetting (light fall-off or blackening at the edges of the image) if their opaque edge gets in the way of light entering the lens (right example). This was created by stacking a polarizing filter on top of a UV filter while also using a wide angle lens-causing the edges of the outermost filter to get in the way of the image. Stacking filters therefore has the potential to make all of the above problems much worse
Note on Choosing a Filter Size for a Camera Lens:
- Lens filters generally come in two varieties: screw-on and front filters. Front filters are more flexible because they can be used on virtually any lens diameter, however these may also be more cumbersome to use since they may need to be held in front of the lens. On the other hand, filter holder kits are available that can improve this process. Screw-on filters can provide an air-tight seal when needed for protection, and cannot accidentally move relative to the lens during composure. The main disadvantage is that a given screw-on filter will only work with a specific lens size
- The size of a screw-on filter is expressed in terms of its diameter, which corresponds to the diameter usually listed on the top or front of your camera lens. This diameter is listed in millimeters and usually ranges from about 46 to 82 mm for digital SLR cameras. Step-up or step-down adapters can enable a given filter size to be used on a lens with a smaller or larger diameter, respectively. However, step-down filter adapters may introduce substantial vignetting (since the filter may block light at the edges of the lens), whereas step-up adapters mean that your filter is much larger (and potentially more cumbersome) than is required
- The height of the filter edges may also be important. Ultra-thin and other special filters are designed so that they can be used on wide angle lenses without vignetting. On the other hand, these may also be much more expensive and often do not have threads on the outside to accept another filter (or sometimes even the lens cap)
- 1 x 58mm High Definition Green Protected Mirror UV Filter
Spec Price US $4.99 Under Feature Keywords UV Protection Filter Diameter 58mm
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 4.65||USD$ 4.35||USD$ 4.08||USD$ 3.85||USD$ 3.64|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
Get DinoPoint™ by Writing reviews, Post Images, or Post Videos. The first five customers can get double points!
Bought this item on03-25-2011
- Other Thoughts: This is a nice protective filter. It's not really a filter it's to protect your main lens. Very clear, I can't see any difference in image quality. Screws right on to my fz100 lens and I can still put my lens cap on. I would definitely buy this again.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on03-05-2011
- Other Thoughts: This is just your basic protective filter. It is not multicoated but you can also wash it, wipe it with your shirt and do whatever else without damaging it. I will not de-rate it because "oh, it is not as good as a Hoya Digital" because, well, it isn't and it is not priced as such either. You get a decent protective filter for fifteen bucks, if you need multicoating - buy a different filter. <br/>I use it in place of a lens cap and will remove it on occasion, shooting into the sun, to reduce glare. In 90% of what I photograph, it is not noticeable. I also read that Tiffens are pretty tough mechanically but I did not yet have a chance to find out. <br/>The threaded ring holding the glass can unthread a bit with use. Just tighten it with a pointed object if it does.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on02-24-2011
- Other Thoughts: I have this on my Lumix FZ35. For those of you who are not sure how it fits on, it screws into the threads on the inner lens barrel. I took two identical shots inside at full zoom and noticed a slight difference in brightness which is expected. At the lower zoom levels, it is very difficult to see a difference. This is really beneficial outdoors but if you are like me, you want something you can just leave on there to prevent dust from getting inside. You can't go wrong with this especially for the asking price.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-22-2011
- Other Thoughts: i'm a hobbiest mostly photographing my kids. the filter was strongly recommended for protection of the lens and it's great (especially with the kids wanting to use the camera too!). i've been very pleased with it so far but i don't have the eye to tell if there is any distortion or artifacts from using it. it does what i wanted it to do (protect the lens) and was a very reasonable price.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on12-24-2010
- Other Thoughts: I bought this primarily as an extra layer of protection for my lenses and have been pleased with the results. You simply screw the filter on to the lens and you've added a cheap layer of protection to the end of your lens. My small gripe is that if you're working in cold or humid conditions it WILL fog up considerably.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on11-26-2010
- Other Thoughts: Always keep this on on my lens for protection. A must if you don't want to break your bank account over replacement lenses. <br/>Fits well with the lens hood but please purchase the Canon lens hood.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on11-13-2010
- Other Thoughts: Anyone using a DSLR should have some form of lense protection. <br/>This UV filter serves that function while adding a means to <br/>minimize adverse solar impacts. <br/>Good value for cost.
Was this review helpful?
Ben Lindsey Jr
Bought this item on10-08-2010
- Other Thoughts: I was told by my photography class instructor that there is no need to buy expensive filters. She was right! This is a great filter, my pictures still look sharp and detailed and it fits my Nikon 18-55mm lense like a charm. Great value and protects lens just as it describes. Don't spend alot of money on other products, this will more than meet your expectations.
Was this review helpful?