Customers Also Bought
- Simple design will make you fashionable and casual
- Adopting rubber sole, the men flip flops can protect you from slipping down on the wet floor
- Very suitable to match with short pants and T shirts
- Wearing men sandals will show your unique personal charm and temperament in your daily life
- Unique design makes it easy and convenient to put on and take off
- You will feel incredibly comfortable with soft sole
- Great choice to wear in hot summer
- You will be special and cool with the men flip flops
- Sole Material: Rubber
- The men flip flops are very fashionable and popular in the market with its unique design
- With rubber sole, it can prevent you from slipping down on the wet floor
- Look at the delicate workmanship and thick sole, your feet will be very comfortable and cool
- You also can keep catch with the step of fashion in the men sandals
- Different color will show your different charm and temperament
How to Measure:
Size Reference in Table:
- These dimensions are for reference only. Specific dimension varies from person to person
History of Flip Flop Sandals
- It is no secret how the flip flop got its name; it's an onomatopoeia--when you walk it makes a flip-flop-flip-flop sound. Although its name originated in America, evidence in museums places the flip flop's origins in the Middle East. The flip flop in other countries is simply known as a sandal, and it has a history as old as time itself.
The Age of Flip Flops
Ancient Sandals - British Museum
- Flip flops are as ancient as the Egyptian tombs and are depicted on murals in several tombs. Many of the murals show Egyptian gods wearing a similar shoe. There is no exact time frame as to when the flip flop appeared, but it is clear that the style has existed for thousands of years. In the British Museum, there is even an ancient pair of thongs (another name for flip flops) from around 1500 B.C. made from papyrus leaves (see reference below).
The Flip Flops Origins
- It is believed that the flip flop originated in or around Egypt. Due to the time frame and lack of concrete evidence, it has been difficult to trace its exact line, but it is believed that the flip flop began in Egypt, due to murals depicting ancient pharaohs wearing them. To read more about ancient Egyptian fashion and to see pictures, visit the resource section.
Design of Flip Flops
- In the Middle East, ancient flip flops were made from papyrus and palm leaves. In China and Japan, they used straw to make their flip flops. In India, flip flops were constructed from wood. In Mexico, Africa and many tropical islands, natives used rawhide to make flip flops. Most flip flops have been devoted to a similar style, which is a large strap that goes between the big toe and the second toe and then turns into two straps that cross over each side of the foot in an upside-down, Y-shaped design. Some cultures used straps that tie up around the ankle to keep the foot more sturdy and attached to the shoe, but overall the main design has changed very little.
Original Purpose of the Flip Flop
- In Japan, the flip flop is known as the zori. The Japanese used flip flops when they taught their children to walk. In eastern cultures, the flip flop was worn to help stay cool in the hot weather. However, in ancient Egypt, the flip flop was a part of their daily fashion. Many of the Egyptian flip flops were decorated with gold and jewels. In western cultures, the flip flop has almost always been used for fashion, and worn more in hot weather.
Flip Flops in Western Cultures
- Flip flops made their way into the western culture mostly after World War II. Soldiers brought them home from Japan as souvenirs and the style quickly caught on. Soon cheap rubber versions became popular regardless of age and gender. In the 1950s and 1960s, flip flops were mainly worn to the beach or swimming pool.
How the Flip Flop Has Changed
- Today, flip flops still resemble early Egyptian versions, but like anything that journeys through time, they have evolved. The flip flop comes in a variety of forms--with platforms or heels, and sometimes adorned with jewels attached to the straps. Flip flops come in a variety of different materials such as straw, rubber, leather and suede. They are still worn by all ages and genders. The big difference is that they are no longer worn for just water activities. Flip flops are worn for nearly all occasions. Flip flops are worn with skirts, jeans, shorts and cotton pants, which makes it the universal sandal.
Types of Flip-Flop Sandals
- Flip-flops are most popular in the summer months for children and adults alike. It is easy to find people sporting this famous footwear in hot weather. The flip-flop has been around since ancient times, and many variants have been created over the years. These special shoes are available in many types to fit the needs of the wearer.
Flower thongs are popular with teenage girls.
- Thongs are a type of flip-flop in which a strip of material fits between the first and second toes, holding the shoe in place. The material spreads over the top of the foot connecting to the bottom of the shoe on either side. Many times it is made of synthetic material such as plastic. This style is available for all ages. The flip-flop is found in many clothing stores and comes in many colors and with different embellishments.
The Zori Sandal
The zori sandal comes in a variety of materials.
- In Japan, a style of the flip-flop known as the zori is popular. The zori sandal was originally made of straw and plant materials, but some have changed to more synthetic materials. The zori sandal is like a thong with thin material between the first and second toes, but varies in style. The bottom of the shoe is much wider than the average flip-flop and the material spreading over the foot is thicker. Many times this shoe is handmade, giving it more personality and individuality.
Many look forward to slippers after a day at work.
- Slippers are indoor types of flip-flop, generally not worn outside so as to avoid becoming dirty. This shoe provides comfort to the wearer as it is usually made of soft material without a hard sole. Many people wear this flip-flop to prevent their feet touching the carpet or hardwood floors. Slippers are ideal for a day at the spa.
Flip-flops may be worn with either jeans or a dress.
- Flip-flop sandals adhere to the same basic form, but have many different styles, especially for women. Sandals may even be designed with high heels. The sandal is a dressier type of flip-flop and can be worn with evening wear. These sandals are often worn with dresses and also go with Capri pants. It may be made from metallic material and be embellished with jewels or beads. It may have straps that tie around the ankle.
- 1 x Pair of Mens Sandals
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 15.99||USD$ 14.64||USD$ 13.30||USD$ 11.51||USD$ 11.51|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.