Customers Also Bought
- Appropriative OBD scanner device provides multiple vehicle serial communication interfaces to meet the requirements of all Ford Motor Company vehicles
- The car code reader is housed in a magnesium enclosure with a tough, protective, plastic cover for the PCMCIA expansion slot which can, for example, be used for wireless LAN cards or memory expansion
- The VCM Appropriative car code scanner device contains five LED status indicators to provide the user with a visual mode of internal VCM, vehicle, and host device (e.g. NGS Classic's T-Handle, PC, Pocket PC/PDS, and Laptop/IDS) operation
- The OBD scanner also has detachable cables for connection to industry standard high-speed host interfaces as well as to the vehicle under test
- The DVD includes both IDS (Integrated Diagnostic Software) and PDS (Portable Diagnostic Software) tools
- Diagnostic coverage includes most 1996 2008 MY (produced 1995 2007) Ford, Lincoln/Mercury & Mazda vehicles
- The OBD scanner can do four car model
- IDS for Ford and Mazda, JLR for Jaguar and Landrover
- Ford & Mazda IDS: V79
- Jaguar & Land Rover: V130
- Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Netherlands, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Slovak
1. Application Overview
Integrated Diagnostic Software (IDS) is the next generation diagnostic tool. IDS integrates WDS software modified to run on an off-the-shelf laptop with the Vehicle Communication Module (VCM) currently used in NGS+ and PDS, and a new Vehicle Measurement Module (VMM).
2. Vehicle Diagnostic Connectors
The VCM 16-pin DLC cable is used to connect the VCM to the vehicle. The VCM and VMM connect to the laptop through the inthernet-USB Adapter Cable (H406/H416).
3. Interface Devices
The interface devices that are used with this application are:
VCM Vehicle Communication Module: This device provides all link based functionality including: Data logger, Self test, Service Functions, Module Configuration and Programming, etc.
English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Netherlands, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Slovak
5. Software version:
6. Special feature:
It can install IDS software and JLR software on one computer. Through a convert software, can realize software convert from IDS and JLR. It is free update through internet.
7. Working car year?
This machine can do ford and mazda old and new cars, no year limitation. For jaguar and landrover,it can only do after 2005 year. It will ask for pin code for ford cars before 2009 when you do key programming. After 2010, it do not need pin code.
hardware and software requirements on installation:
1.1 Please install IDS and JLR to Local Disk C
IDS software is for Ford and Mazda, and it must be installed to Local Driver C;
JLR software is for Jaguar and Land Rover, and Local Driver C is also required.
Moreover, at least 15G available space is required on your Local Driver C when installing the software
1.2 Requirements on computer configuration
Computer memory: at least 1GB
CPU: at least 1GHz
Netbooks (ULPC:Ultra low-cost PC) not allowed
1.3 Requirements on computer USB interface
Every laptop has more than one USB ports, one of them is the MAIN PORT, and others are AUXILIARY PORT, please make sure the USB port works and use MAIN PORT
1.4 Requirements on computer operating system
For computer operation system, please use Windows XP(sp2 or sp3) professional Edition 32-Bit.
Home Edition and other systems are not allowed
1.5. Need install the convert software and follow the instruction.
Note that the application will detect the interface device that is connected to the laptop. Indicator icons will appear at the bottom right-hand corner of the IDS screen when the VCM are connected.
- Appropriative Codescan Scanner device provides multiple vehicle serial communication interfaces to meet the requirements of all Ford Motor Company vehicles
- The VCM unit is housed in a magnesium enclosure with a tough, protective, plastic cover for the PCMCIA expansion slot which can, for example, be used for wireless LAN cards or memory expansion
- The VCM Appropriative Codescan Scanner device contains five LED status indicators to provide the user with a visual mode of internal VCM, vehicle, and host device (e.g. NGS Classic's T-Handle, PC, Pocket PC/PDS, and Laptop/IDS) operation
- The OBD scanner is a good helper of your anti-theft system
- The port is standard for sweeping use; high quality ensures operational stability
How to Use a Car Code Reader:
- Open the driver's-side door and look under the dash for the trapezoidal diagnostic link connector (DLC). Since the implementation of OBD II, it is mandated that all DLCs be located within two feet of the steering wheel. Most are located under the driver's-side dash on either side of the steering wheel column. However, this is not the case for some models. Refer to the owner's manual of the vehicle if necessary to locate the DLC
- Remove the DLC cover if there is one. Some vehicles don't employ DLC covers. The covers simply pull off
- Insert the code reader's plug into the DLC outlet. This outlet is easily identified, since it is similar in shape to the code reader's plug. The vehicle's battery will provide power to the code reader
- Turn the ignition key to the "on" position without starting the engine. This will provide power to all electrical components and illuminate the instrument panel lights
- Read the menu of the code reader and use the key or arrow to move to the "read codes" or "DTCs" (diagnostic trouble codes) option. Since code readers are made by many manufacturers and feature slightly different options, you will need to read the manual of the code reader to fully understand all of its functions
- Press the "enter" key, if applicable, once the "read codes" or "DTCs" option has been selected. Refer to the code reader manual to determine which DTC triggered the malfunction indicator lamp (MI, also known as the check engine light or service engine light)
- Clear the code, if applicable and desired (some inexpensive models simply read codes), by scrolling to the "erase code" selection and pressing enter. Some code readers may feature an "erase" button which simply needs to be pressed
How to Launch an OBD Code Reader
- Locate the Assembly Line Diagnostic Link (ALDL) under the dashboard of the car, near the steering wheel. It is a 12- or 16-port electrical outlet that may have a plastic cover, depending on your vehicle. Click the link in the "References" section below for a diagram of the ALDL
- Plug the OBD code reader into the ALDL port and turn the ignition key to the "on" position. Don't crank the engine
- Follow the prompts on the code reader screen, entering information such as the year, make and model of your vehicle
- Write down the codes that appear on the diagnostic scanner's view screen, and consult your owner's manual for the code definitions. Go online for code definitions for your specific vehicle if you don't have an owner's manual, or buy a repair manual
- 1 x Codescan Scanner
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Cable
- 2 x CD Drivers
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 203.26||USD$ 190.44||USD$ 177.62||USD$ 160.52|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.