Sign In/Up
My Cart (0)
All Categories

Keywords: iPhone 6| Led Flashlights | Short Wedding Dresses | Cheap Tablets | Gopro | Clearance Sale

View or edit your browsing history Products I Viewed
Welcome to Dino forum, where all customers can discuss freely. Join the conversation and get quick reply.

Topic:Google Sky Map

Reply to this topic Back to topic list (Replies:8 / Views: 1616)
  • Carlee
    5 DinoPoint™ gained for this post
    Google Sky Map
    Posted: 12/27/2011 08:44 EST

I guess there is really nothing majorly functional about this app. What I mean is that it doesn't necessarily help you do important things.

But, it's a great party trick. Just point your phone toward the sky and you can see where all the constellations are placed in the sky. Forget the days of trying to figure out if that star is part of the Big Dipper. This app shows you exactly where to find those constellations.

There is a setting to change it to night time, so that everything is in black and red. This keeps from distracting your eyes with light.

So, it is sort of like carrying a little planetarium in your pocket.
  • Claire
    1 DinoPoint™ gained for this post
    Google Sky Map
    Posted: 04/30/2012 13:58 EST
    This app is one of the first apps I downloaded when I bought my smartphone. It doesn't do much, but it's neat to look at when you're outside at night.
  • Paula
    Google Sky Map
    Posted: 03/21/2012 16:13 EST
    I thought that Google Sky was something similar to Google Maps. I guess it could be pretty cool, but if it's not something that I really need, I think I will leave it alone.
  • Christy
    Google Sky Map
    Posted: 02/23/2012 12:51 EST
    I love astronomy so maybe I will download this app so that I can find the constellations in the sky. The only one I can ever find is Orion.
  • amk
    Google Sky Map
    Posted: 02/22/2012 20:55 EST
    well i havnt tried it yet but now i guess i must give it a chance
  • Barney
    Google Sky Map
    Posted: 02/22/2012 12:59 EST
    This is fun, but I hate loading extra apps that I don't need. I might try it out, but I don't know that it is something that I would keep.
  • Matthew
    Google Sky Map
    Posted: 01/18/2012 19:35 EST
    That looks like a pretty sweet app. I like the ones that help me pass the time. This would be educational too I guess.
  • Carlee
    Google Sky Map
    Posted: 01/13/2012 21:17 EST

Quote Content

I guess there is really nothing majorly functional about this app. What I mean is that it doesn't necessarily help you do important things.

But, it's a great party trick. Just point your phone toward the sky and you can see where all the constellations are placed in the sky. Forget the days of trying to figure out if that star is part of the Big Dipper. This app shows you exactly where to find those constellations.

There is a setting to change it to night time, so that everything is in black and red. This keeps from distracting your eyes with light.

So, it is sort of like carrying a little planetarium in your pocket.

I failed to include the download link for this app.
    Download Link: http://https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.stardroid&hl=en
  • Wanda
    Google Sky Map
    Posted: 01/01/2012 15:08 EST
    I tried this app and you are right. I don't see any way for me to really use this app, but I can't make myself uninstall it either. It is just such a cool trick.
Previous1Next

Copyright DinoDirect Corporation 2014. All rights reserved. See our privacy policy, terms of use, disclaimer and takedown policy.
Sign In submit Submit Apply >> Continue Join Now Add Store To Wishlist Add a new address Back >> Continue checkout Save Cancel Remove/Change Items Add To Cart Shop Now Create Register now Open a Case Start a Live Chat View all < Create An Account Return to Sign in Send Confirmed Application Email Verification Get It GO Enter My iDinor Life! Close Join My Homepage Continue Shopping Share Rewards Accept Accept and Check >> Search Back Close the case Pay Now Cancel Submit Confirm Save Click for more info Write a Review Yes No Reply Sold Out Size Guide Color Guide No thanks Continue Upload Share Rewards Accept and Check >> Search view more Next et Transaction Code >> Confirm Remove Upload Video Upload Images >> Continue checkout Get Free Sample Write a feedback Buy Now OK Start Chat Create An Account No, thanks! Go Remind me 7 days later