Customers Also Bought
- This Nib Fountain Pen is made of high quality material
- Nib Fountain Pen is often rolled into one classic and classic
- Nib Fountain Pen has advanced liquid ink system and unique nib guarantee smooth writing
- Monochrome design makes it elegant and fashion
- This Office Fountain Pen is convenient and easy to use
- The Business Fountain Pen is a perfect gift for someone special or treats for you
- Nib Material: Iridium
- This fountain pen is never dull. The Business Fountain Pen is a perfect gift for someone special or treats for you
- Monochrome design makes it elegant and fashion. Nib Fountain Pen is often rolled into one classic and classic
- Monochrome design makes it elegant and fashion. This Office Fountain Pen is convenient and easy to use
- This Business Fountain Pen is convenient and easy to use. Business Fountain Pen is a perfect gift for someone special or treats for you
How Does a Fountain Pen Work:
The Fountain Pen
- Although fountain pens may seem quaint to many people, they actually represented a big advance on the pens that came before them. Before fountain pens, people relied on dip pens, quill pens, reeds and brushes. All of these needed to be recharged with ink constantly, and most were very difficult to use consistently. There would be a glut of ink on the tip at the beginning of the stroke, and very little by the end of it. Fountain pens were the first to use reservoirs, allowing the writer to continue writing without an ink well nearby
How it Works
- Fountain pens have a reservoir inside the pen that holds the ink. Some of them use a disposable ink reservoir, while others can be filled with an eyedropper. The ink flows down into the nib, where it is dispensed by a thin slit. When a writer or artist draws a fountain pen across a piece of paper, ink flows out of the slit. Gravity keeps it flowing along with what is known as capillary action. In capillary action, molecules of liquid adhere to one another, pulling each other along. When ink slides onto the paper, the molecular bond between the ink particles pull more ink behind, keeping the flow smooth and continuous
- Fountain pens are not frequently used for jotting notes or other sorts of casual freehand writing. They are temperamental and difficult to use when compared to rollerballs, felt pens and ballpoint pens. Fountain pens can achieve some artistic effects that these other pens can't, however. Because a ballpoint pen has a broad, flat tip, it is extremely useful for calligraphy. By varying the angle of the stroke, the writer can get broad lines or narrow strokes, letting him achieve interesting artistic effects
How to Clean a Fountain Pen:
The pleasure you take in writing with a fountain pen can diminish considerably if you don't maintain the pen in good working order. Unlike ballpoint and rollerball pens, fountain pens require simple, regular cleaning to perform optimally. Well- maintained fountain pens can last for decades without needing replacement parts. The methods for cleaning these pens also depend on the materials used to manufacture them, such as sterling silver, gold, nickel, stainless steel or iridium. Plan to clean your fountain pen before every third refill
Cleaning the Nib
- Fill an ear syringe or a clean ink syringe with cold water, and with the syringe attached where the ink reservoir normally sits, hold the pen block nib over the empty plastic cup and squeeze the water from the syringe into the nib. As the water passes through the nib, the leftover ink will drip into the cup
- Refill the syringe and repeat until the water emerges clear from the nib. When the water is clear, remove the syringe. If the nib requires extra cleaning or is clogged, fill the syringe with household ammonia and squeeze it through the nib to loosen solidified ink
- Wrap a paper towel around the nib and shake the pen several times to force any remaining water from the nib
- Keep the nib wrapped in the paper towel overnight so that any remaining water has time to dry
- Insert the ink reservoir or a new cartridge into the pen, reconnect the barrel and re-cap the pen
Cleaning the Pen Body
- Fountain pen image by Alex Dascalu from Fotolia.com Use a soft, clean cloth to wipe down the body of the pen if it is made of celluloid, lacquer or a hard-metal finish (for example, stainless steel, chrome, platinum or rhodium)
- Wipe down a resin pen body with a soft, clean cloth and at the same time check the pen for chips or cracks. This material is generally less durable and more susceptible to damage from dropping or scratching
- Use a soft, clean cloth to wipe down sterling and plated-silver pens. If the pen is tarnished, coat cotton ear swabs with liquid silver polish and apply the swabs to the silver
- Wipe the tarnish and any remaining silver polish away with the soft cloth
How to Identify Fountain Pens:
- Look at the nib of the fountain pen. A stylograph doesn't feature a true nib, but has a thin steel wire that extends through the pen and out the tip. A safety pen contains a retractable nib that stops the flow of ink when it's pulled back into the pen. A doctor's pen features a thermometer, either inside it or with it
- Examine the flow of the ink from the fountain pen. A stylograph writes in thick ink, much like the modern ballpoint pen. A safety pen's ink travels by gravity and is prone to leakage. A doctor's pen writes more thinly than a modern-day ballpoint pen
- Notice the style of the fountain pen. A stylograph usually features a cap that is placed on the top of it. A safety pen usually features no cap, but a retractable nib, although some more modern models feature a screw-off cap. A doctor's pen is usually beautifully decorated with gold bands and intricate details
- 1 x Fountain Pen
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 10.40||USD$ 10.02||USD$ 9.65||USD$ 9.15|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.