Customers Also Bought
- Up for you consideration is a beautiful Christmas Santa Snow Globe Ornament
- This beautiful detailed Snow Globe Ornament is a visual delight for your enjoyment
- You can put this Snow Globe Ornament everywhere all according your personal preference, cars, bedroom, and so on
- The Music snow globe also would be a good chooice for your firends
- Snow Globe Ornament is the perfect gift for your friend or get one for yourself to display in your home, office or game room
- The beautiful romantic Decorative Figures has been set in this music snow globe
- How Does a Snow Globe Work?
Make It Snow
- The best part about making a snow globe 'work' is that it usually only takes a gentle shake, winding a key or pushing a switch to activate one. Years ago, snow globes only worked by someone turning one upside down and setting it back on a tabletop, then watching the minute bits of pretend snow swirl around inside the globe before settling. Perhaps your grandmother had one that had been crafted by an expert glassblower who made the fragile bubble working over an open flame
Machines and People
- Modern snow globes are made by machines, hundreds of them at a time. The globes are released from the machinery and set aside to cool. Once they're cool enough to handle, the neck edges are trimmed. The base scene, which is really much smaller than it looks through the globe (the curve of the globe magnifies the scene inside) is selected and then glued to the base. Some base scenes are still hand-carved or handmade, but most of these, too, are produced by machines. If the snow globe is also a music box, the base will have a music box motor installed in it and a hole drilled for the stem of the winding key to pass through. A musical snow globe can be key-wound or electronic, so it, too, takes a person to make it work
Handle with Care
- The trimmed neck of the glass globe next has a thin line of strong glue applied to it, and then the globe is set in place over the scene, fitting into a small channel carved into the base. Once the glue dries, the globe is turned upside down and filled with a special liquid, leaving just a tiny air bubble that shouldn't be visible once the globe is upright again. This is all usually done by machine, too. That special liquid is necessary because ordinary water, even distilled water, would eventually become murky, or the scene inside the globe would be shrouded by algae. The liquid also contains a chemical to keep the "snow" from getting stuck to the floor of the globe and unable to be dispersed when shaken
Work That's Fun
- A gentle shake or just tipping it usually is enough to start the snowstorm inside the globe. Some snow globes even have a tiny blower inside that blows air through the globe so the "blizzard" lasts until you turn the switch to stop it
Keeping It Working
- Snow globes are very fragile, so keep in mind they won't work if curious little fingers try to pry the globe apart from the base or wind the music box key too tightly. If you break a snow globe, be extremely careful picking up the pieces, and don't let pets or babies run across the floor until you've wiped up the liquid, swept and vacuumed the floor
How to Repair Snow Globes?
Although merely decorative bric-a-brac, snow globes may hold much sentimental value to the owner. When these keepsakes break, do not throw them away. They are quite simple to repair and make as new. It is even possible to customize them, add snow or glitter and leave the globes even more special than they once were
- Drive three or four nails into the scrap wood just wide enough to hold the glass globe in place upside down
- Remove all vestiges of the broken snow globe glass from the snow globe base
- Save whatever snow you can from the old globe water and allow to dry. Alternatively, purchase new snow globe snow or glitter from a local craft supply store
- Measure the amount of distilled water needed by filling up the globe and inserting the base upside down into the globe. Perform this step over a sink to catch the extra water that may come out
- Remove an additional 2 tbsp. of water from the globe. If you wish to add glitter or snow, increase to 3 tbsp. to allow room
- Mix 2 tsp. of glycerin into the globe's distilled water and stir until dissolved
- Add glitter or snow
- Line the rim of the globe glass with underwater glue. Follow the manufacturer's instructions as to quantity and setting
- Insert the snow globe base gently upside down onto the globe and allow to dry
- 1 x Snow Globe
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 41.47||USD$ 39.16||USD$ 36.85||USD$ 33.77|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.