Customers Also Bought
- This cute animals cotton Wall Hanging Tapestry is exquisite, and easy to clean
- The color combination can create an ambience of a joyful, vigorous life
- This Wall Hanging Tapestry will breathe life in your living room and offices
- A gorgeous piece of art for your home decor
- This is a high quality Wall Hanging Tapestry that will last for years
- Rod and tassel are not included
- Material: Blends
- Size: 150 x 100cm/59.06 x 39.37in (L x W)
- Thickness: 10mm
- Density：520000 points
- The color combination creates an ambience of a joyful, vigorous life
- This Wall Hanging Tapestry is exquisite, and easy to clean, a gorgeous piece of art for your home decor
- This Tapestry is a high quality product that will last for years
How to Hang a Wall Tapestry:
- Cut a piece of heavy cotton or linen that is 3 inches wide and a couple of inches shorter than the horizontal length of the tapestry to be hung
- Fold this piece of cotton or linen lengthwise and stitch along the edge so that you have a long, tapered tube
- Hand stitch this tube to the top edge of the tapestry, on the back. It's critical that the tube itself run straight
- Slide a curtain rod, or other sturdy rod of the appropriate length, through the tube you made, which is called a casing, and mount this rod on the wall to hang the tapestry
- Hand stitch the soft, loop side of a hook-and-loop fastener, such as Velcro, along the width of the tapestry's upper edge, on the back
- Staple the stiffer, hook-side piece of the hook-and-loop fastener, cut to match the piece on the back of the tapestry in size, to the wall where you'd like the tapestry to hang. You could also staple this hook-side piece to a board and then mount the board on the wall
- Press the soft, loop-side piece of fastener on the back of the tapestry to the hook-side piece mounted on the wall. The tapestry should hang securely until you see fit to bring it down
How to Make a Wall Tapestry:
- Purchase a painting canvas from a craft or painting supply store. Assess the area in which you will be hanging the wall tapestry and select the canvas size accordingly. Think about whether you would like one large tapestry (the canvas shown above 36" x 48" x 1.5"deep) or a grouping of tapestries. For example, you could buy 2 or 4 smaller canvases and group them together in a rectangle (2 canvases) or square (4 canvases) for visual effect. Buy a canvas that is at least 1 inch deep
- Select the fabric. This is the fun part. Bring out some of the colors in the space where the wall tapestry will be displayed. If your room already has a lot of color, go nuetral or pick one color from the room and go with a tone-on-tone look. If your room is neutral, you could go bolder in the colors and pattern
- Cut the fabric. Lay the fabric face down on the floor, making sure it is completely flat. Lay the canvas face down in the middle of the fabric and cut so that there is an even border of fabric around the edge of the canvas, preferably 6 inches
- Attach the fabric to the canvas. Starting at the top middle of the canvas, pull the fabric towards you across the depth of the canvas and staple it to the back of the canvas. Do this in the middle of each of the four sides of the canvas, making sure each time that the fabric is pulled tight and smooth across the front of the canvas. Work your way around in the same fashion until the fabric is completely stapled to the canvas. The corners can be tricky but a method for making it work is to fold the fabric back like you were wrapping a present. Just remember to do each corner the same way to keep the look consistent
- Display your work. Hang your wall tapestry or sit it on a fireplace mantle or table. A large tapestry could also look interesting and beautiful on the floor leaning up against the wall. Be creative and have fun
How to Sew Wall Tapestries:
- Decide what type and size of tapestry is desired. Type refers to not only the style (such as old world, jungle, ocean or other designs) of tapestry desired, but also the kind of fabric desired and the way the tapestry will be mounted. Size is important because it may force elimination of certain types of fabrics, which might be too large or excessively small
- Decide whether the tapestry will be hand sew or machine sewn. This decision may be based somewhat upon the fabric chosen for the tapestry, whether or not it will feature trim, as well as the size of the piece and the way it will ultimately be mounted
- Purchase the supplies needed to complete the project. Depending upon the weight of the fabric chosen, it may also be necessary to back the fabric with a stiff backing or to add padding to it in order for the piece to hang straight and butt flatly up against the wall. If the tapestry is to be hung from a tapestry bar, backed with a stiff material, or padded it is important to make all of the purchases to complete those processes at the same time. Don't forget trim if that is to be part of the overall design
- Lay out all of the supplies needed to complete the project before beginning. If anything has been forgotten, now is the time to fill in the gaps
- Hand or machine sew the two sides and bottom of a traditional fabric tapestry that requires no additional backing or padding. Be sure to turn the rough edge of the fabric to the inside portion of the fold so that it is no longer visible. Traditional pre-woven tapestries generally allow for about a ½ inch hem around three edges of the tapestry. More room is allotted at the top of the piece in case a tapestry bar should be used for mounting purposes. If that is the plan, then fold the top back making a pocket in the tapestry that is just large enough to house the tapestry bar. Sew the pocket into place, folding the rough edge inside the pocket. If the tapestry will be framed or hung directly on the wall, then finish the top using the exact same method as used for the sides and bottom
- Add a stiff backing fabric to a tapestry piece that is not stiff enough to hang well on its own. When such backing is required , it should be cut to the exact size of the overall piece. Place the backing to the wrong size of the tapestry fabric. Fold the backing into the folds that finish off the sides and top of the tapestry as described in Step 5 above. Be sure to pull the lining tight so that it does not bunch or wrinkle the pictorial side of the piece. If the tapestry will be hung on a tapestry bar, be sure that the top fold back is large enough to hold the bar. If it will be framed or hung directly on the wall, then finish the top using the same method as the sides and bottom
- Use fiberboard to back a tapestry piece that is not stiff enough to hang well on its own. Cut the board backing to fit the finished piece. In other words, it should fit the tapestry after all of the rough edges have been sewn as described in the Step 5 above. However, keep in mind that the backing board cannot be part of the top pocket if the piece is going to be held by a tapestry bar. Instead, the top seam of the fold should hit about ¼ inch to ½ inch above the backing board. If the tapestry will be hung directly on the wall, then the backing board should be the same size as the tapestry itself. Adhere the board to the tapestry with fabric glue, tacks or staples
- Pad a fabric tapestry that is not stiff enough to hang well on its own. Place the padding to the right side of the tapestry fabric and then place the lining fabric on top of that. Sew the sides and bottom of the piece before turning the lining inside out at the open top. Finish the top as described in Step 5 above if the piece is to be hung by a tapestry bar. If the padded piece will be framed or hung directly on the wall, then finish off the top by folding all of the rough edges inside the lining and sewing the top shut with a hand sewn blind running stitch. If desired, place a line of hand sewn or machine stitches around the outside of the piece to assure that it will lay flat as desired
- Add decorative trim like ribbon or braiding around the edges of the tapestry if desired
- Mount the piece as desired--on a tapestry bar, in a frame or directly on the wall
- 1 x Wall Hanging Tapestry
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 56.39||USD$ 54.89||USD$ 53.39||USD$ 51.39|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.