Customers Also Bought
- Supports most 1996 and newer vehicles with OBDII/DLC3 diagnostics
- Support Honda HDS OEM diagnostic software
- Supports Diagnostics and Active tests
- Easy to install and carry
- High performance with ARM chip inside
- Status LED
- Update via internet
- This is a non-OEM product
- The OBD2 Diagnostic Cable supports Diagnostics and Active tests
- The OBD2 Cable features high performance with ARM chip inside
- Use this disk for easy to install the OBD2 Diagnostic Cable
How to Connect an OBD2 to Your Car:
All cars sold in the United States after 1996 are required to be equipped with an OBD2 system. The OBD2 system monitors a car's performance and alerts the driver of current problems, as well as potential problems. An OBD2 reader has to be connected to the car in order to retrieve the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) generated by the OBD2
- Determine whether your car is OBD2 compliant. A car that is OBD2 compliant will have a female 16-pin connector on the driver's side near the center console. Petrol vehicles manufactured as of 2001 and diesel vehicles manufactured as of 2004 should have this connector
- Prepare the equipment you will need. Depending on the type of OBD2 reader you will be using, you will need a personal OBD2 code reader and a cable, or a computer with OBD2 software, a converter and connectors (see Resources below). For your safety, your car engine must be off while you connect your OBD2 reader
- Locate the 16-pin connector. This connector is not always easy to find but it will be inside the car and not under the hood. Some places where car manufacturers install this connector include: under the steering wheel, the driver's foot well, the area between the driver and passenger seat, behind the ash tray, under the passenger seat, and over the passenger door
- Check the connector for the available pins. The connector must have pins 4 and 5 for grounding and pin 16 for power supply from the battery. The other pins are present for the various protocols required for different vehicle brands, including SAE J1850, ISO 9141-2, ISO 14230 and CAN bus
- Connect your OBD2 code reader. Plug the end of the included cable with the 16-pin connector to the female 16-pin port, and then connect the other end of the cable to the OBD2 reader
- Use your laptop computer as an OBD2 code reader. You can connect your computer to your car with the use of a USB, RS-232C or Bluetooth connector. In addition to connectors, you will need the OBD2 software to retrieve the information from your car and converters to modulate the voltage
How to Diagnose Car Problems with an OBD2:
- Start the ignition and watch the components on the dashboard console. The light for "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" should flash briefly. This indicates that the OBD2 is present and ready to diagnose problems that may exist
- Check the dashboard console as you drive. If there are any problems, the "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" light will come on and stay on. The OBD2 will alert you to problems ranging from a loose or missing gas cap to an engine misfire
- Look for blinking lights on your dashboard console. Blinking lights indicate that there is a serious problem occurring with the engine of the vehicle. It will be safer to limit your driving until this problem has been resolved
- Use a personal OBD2 code reader to scan for problems (see Resources below). Attach the reader to your car's 16-pin port, which is usually located under the steering wheel. The reader will display the problem codes generated by your car's computer, as well as the definition of the codes
- Take your car to an auto technician if you are unable to discover the source of the problem on your own. The auto technician will use a professional OBD2 reader for a more detailed scan of your car. The mechanic will use the codes as a starting point in determining the true cause of the problem.
- Take note if the light on the console goes out before you can take the car in for service. This indicates that the problem has been resolved
- 1 x Diagnostic Cable
- 1 x Disk
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 33.80||USD$ 32.93||USD$ 32.07||USD$ 30.92||USD$ 30.92|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.