Customers Also Bought
- 3 in 1 Magnetic Travel Chess, checkers and backgammon game set
- The Backgammon Travel Chess set folds in half and closes with concealed magnetic parts
- This Magnetic Travel Chess is perfect for game night - long car rides or plane trips
- Take your game skill to the next level with the royal game, the game of chess
- This Magnetic Travel Chess is a game that will challenge, excite and captivate you
- The game of chess involves deep levels of strategy and tactics
- In the game of chess each player commands an army of 16 chessmen and has the ultimate goal of beating the opposing army
- Size: 25 x 12.4 x 4cm/9.8 x 4.9 x 1.6in(L x W x H)(Folded); 25 x 24.8 x 2cm/9.8 x 9.8 x 0.8in(L x W x H)(Unfolded)(Chessboard); Approx.5cm/2in(H), 1.5cm/0.6in(Base Dia.)(King); Approx.4.8cm/1.9in(H), Approx.1.5cm/0.6in(Base Dia.)(Queen)
- Just have fun with this Magnetic Folding Chess Set
- This Magnetic Travel Chess is to provide access to a chess game anywhere at any time
- Await you for an exciting game of Checkers
- The backgammon game is a best choice for you
- This Magnetic Travel Chess is a handy way to have a game in the car, at work, while you wait in line or anywhere else that a traditional chess set just will not work
About Magnetic Folding Travel Chess Set:
The function of a travel chess set is to provide access to a chess game anywhere at any time. They are compact in size and usually fold up to prevent the loss of tiny chess pieces. They are great companions for long road trips and can be handed back and forth between you and a friend as you wait in line or eat at a restaurant. Some models of travel chess sets are even small enough to fold up and stick in a pocket, making them a very ready and available form of entertainment no matter where you are
Several types of travel chess sets are available, but the two most common are peg sets and magnetic sets. Pegged sets have holes in the middle of each square, and a "peg" sticking out of the bottom of each piece so that they stay where you put them. This is a very handy feature to have when being jostled around in a car or airplane. The other type is magnetic, and feature either flat square magnets with the pieces identified on the top, or actual small chess pieces with magnets in the bases and a metal board. Electronic varieties exist and usually come with an engine so you can even play by yourself against the computer
A travel chess set can be identified quickly by its small size and peg or magnetic pieces, something you won't find in traditional sets. A travel chess set can range in size from just a few inches across to a 12-by-12-inch board, depending on the style. Most travel chess sets either fold up or have a lid, another feature not found on a full-size set. The manufacturer usually denotes these sets as "travel sets," so there is no mistaking what you are purchasing
When considering purchase of a travel-style chess set, keep in mind that the pieces are often very small and hard to handle. If you have bigger hands, make sure you are getting a larger travel set, or the possibility of knocking over pieces when trying to make moves is very high. Consider also where you will be playing. Peg sets are fine for most road trips; but if the going gets bumpy, a magnetic set may best suit your needs. Do you need it to fold up in a hard case, or is a pliable vinyl board acceptable
The benefits of a travel chess set go beyond simply having one available for a game any time you wish. Tournament players often use these little sets to study with when they are on the move. The set-up time is minimal, if at all, and in seconds a complete chess set can be ready for analyzing games or going over certain opening lines. They are also inexpensive
Tips(Movement of the Pieces):
- (1 king 1 queen 2 rooks 2 bishops 2 knights 8 pawns )Each piece moves in a different way
- The rook moves any number of vacant squares along rows or columns (forward, backward, left or right). It also is involved (with the king) in the special move called castling
- The bishop moves any number of vacant squares diagonally. Consequently a bishop stays on squares of the same color throughout a game
- The queen moves any number of vacant squares in any direction along a row, column, or diagonal.
- The king moves only one vacant square in any direction. It can also castle in conjunction with a rook
- The knight moves to a vacant square in an "L"-shape (two spaces forward, backward, left, or right and one space perpendicular to it). The knight can jump over other pieces when moving
- The pawn can only move forward one space, or optionally two spaces when on its starting square, in a straight line away from the player. When there is an enemy piece one square diagonally ahead from the pawn (either left or right), then the pawn may capture that piece. A pawn can perform a special type of capture of an enemy pawn called en passant. If the pawn reaches a back rank of the opposite player, it undergoes promotion to the player's choice of a rook, bishop, queen or knight
How to Win a Chess Game Fast?
Many people believe that chess is the ultimate game. It requires skill, strategy and the ability to think ahead. There are some moves, however, that can bring crushing defeat to an opponent very early on, sometimes before they even know what hit them. This guide provides step by step instructions on how to execute a classic chess strategy that will defeat inexperienced players in just four short moves.
- Move the Pawn that is situated in square E2, directly above the King. You can move this Pawn forward either one or two spaces. It does not matter which you choose, however, moving only one space will provide a better defense in the event that you are matched against an experienced player who will try to reverse this strategy on you
- Know that after your initial move, it will be your opponent's turn. Very few moves your opponent can make will change your outcome at this stage. For simulation purposes, assume that the other player leads out with their Queen's Knight. Make your second move and move your Queen three spaces to space F3. In the example given, an inexperienced player may be hoping that you will be foolish enough to take the Knight with your Queen and will not likely anticipate your next move
- Let your opponent make a second move. For simulation purposes, assume that they move their Pawn forward to E5 in an attempt to apply pressure to your Queen. This is a common move and one that you may really encounter. After the other player moves it is your turn once again. They will be expecting you to use your Queen, but move your King's Bishop instead. Move the Bishop four spaces to space C4
- Let your opponent make a third move. Assume that they move their Pawn forward an additional space in hopes of taking your Queen. Now it is your fourth and final move. Move your Queen all the way up to space F7, taking the opponent's Pawn and placing them in Check Mate. You have just won the chess game in four simple moves
- 1 x Set of 3 in 1 Checkers Backgammon Magnetic Folding Travel Chess
Spec Condition New Size 25 x 12.4 x 4cm/9.8 x 4.9 x 1.6in(L x W x H)(Folded); 25 x 24.8 x 2cm/9.8 x 9.8 x 0.8in(L x W x H)(Unfolded)(Chessboard); Approx.5cm/2in(H), 1.5cm/0.6in(Base Dia.)(King); Approx.4.8cm/1.9in(H), Approx Features Features 3 in 1 travel magnetic chess, checkers and backgammon game set
The whole set folds in half and closes with concealed magnetic parts
Travel chess set is p
Packaging Package Included 1 x Set of 3 in 1 Checkers Backgammon Magnetic Folding Travel Chess
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 20.40||USD$ 18.53||USD$ 16.65||USD$ 14.15||USD$ 14.15|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
Get DinoPoint™ by Writing reviews, Post Images, or Post Videos. The first five customers can get double points!
Bought this item on06-14-2011
- Other Thoughts: The great thing about this particular magnetic travel set is that if you have to leave before the game is over, you just put the lid on. So many other travel magnetic sets force you to take all the pieces off the board and store them inside the folding board. I use this one on the train on my way to work; I read an instructional chess book and follow along on this set. When the ride is over, I mark my spot in the book, put the lid on the set, and they both go in my backpack until the ride home. (the pieces don't move either, even after carrying my backpack around) The pieces are of a unique design with an octagonal base. Drueke (the company that makes these) refers to the pieces as "fully scaled". What this means is that they are all (except the pawns) about the same height, so that the most possible detail can be shown. <br/> <br/>Like any nice set, the knights have great detail. They are really quite beautiful for a set in this range.
Was this review helpful?
Diana E. Carroll "dbang-mom
Bought this item on06-09-2011
- Other Thoughts: This set is great: it is small and compact, the magnets are strong enough that the pieces stay put even when the board is sideways or upside down, and when the cover is on, the pieces can be left on the board to keep a game in progress going. My 5 year old son, a chess fanatic, declares this is his favorite toy, and has taken to carrying his current game in progress with him wherever he goes around the house or in the car.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on06-01-2011
- Other Thoughts: I'm an international master (although I haven't competed for years), and here I am, getting *another* Drueke set. I've probably had a dozen over the decades! For me it is the optimal set for analysis while studying. It's a perfect size to use with a book (or many books). The pieces are easy to see and distinguish, and even more important to move around. The colors are comfortable. The fact that you can cover it up and resume after travel is nice.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on05-27-2011
- Other Thoughts: I have a much larger more expensive wooden set and this set. My son always grabs this one when he want's to play though. For the most part all pieces are easily recognizable save the bishops which look a bit like large pawns, but not too big of a deal. <br/> <br/>You can turn the board upside down and the parts stick and don't fall, yet the magnets are not so strong that they interfere with regular play. You might even forget they are magnetic. Certainly the pieces do not attract each other. <br/> <br/>Compact, lightweight, functional and excellent value.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on05-21-2011
- Other Thoughts: This was perfect for a recent trip. Small, light weight and magnets hold the pieces well
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on05-19-2011
- Other Thoughts: In concept, this is the kind of product I was looking for to play chess on-the-go for travels. <br/> <br/>I just now received this in the mail. The moment I unfolded the accompanying chessboard itself, it broke at the hinges. They're tiny little plastic hinges (about less than half the diameter of a pepper corn) carrying two halves that have, for a product of this small size, considerable weight (magnetic surface).
Was this review helpful?
Charles Darwin "Beetles
Bought this item on05-10-2011
- Other Thoughts: I just got this today and took it with me to the park to work on openings. The pieces stay put after you close it and so far it hasn't broken at the hinges, but I can see how that might happen. I really like it because it is very thin and therefore easy to use and carry. For the cost it's well worth it. The only thing is I wish they had added extra queens. I'll make something on my own, but still, that should have been a given.
Was this review helpful?
Mark Twain "me
Bought this item on05-04-2011
- Other Thoughts: I bought this chess set about the same time as I got a smaller magnetic chess set because it was relatively cheap and I thought it looked nice in the picture provided. I was looking for a small, magnetic chess set to use in order to follow along with some chess books I had bought.
Was this review helpful?