Customers Also Bought
- Fireproof material
- Easy to use and high quality
- Suitable for HV/LV project
- A perfect housing for surface mount installation in hard wall or open office environments
- Standard Structure: Fireproof Plastic Material
- Adaption Accessories: ABK-800B ABK-801B ABK-802
- Dimensions: 86 x 86 x 25mm / 3.4 x 3.4 x 1.0in(L x W x H)
- Easy to use and high quality
How Does an Electrical Outlet Work?
Structure of an Electrical Outlet:
- All electrical outlets in the United States are configured to transmit a charge of 120 volts of Alternating Current (AC). Alternating Current is an electrical current whose direction reverses cyclically. It is believed that this is the most efficient form in which electricity can be transmitted as it is supposed to prevent the loss of excess energy, referred to as free radicals. Any home or business can tap into this supply of electricity, provided the monthly bills are paid, through an electrical outlet. The North American design is a faceplate containing two vertical slots with a round hole centered below them. The left slot, designated as the neutral slot, should be slightly longer than the right slot, the hot slot. The round hole is called the ground slot. Behind the faceplate are three separate wires, one connected to the back of each of the slots. The hot wire connected to the hot slot bears incoming electricity. This is also known as a live wire, given that it's the one that can give you a shock should you touch it. The neutral wire connected to the neutral slot is connected to the circuit breaker of the building, which in turn is connected to the industrial power lines outdoors. The ground hole is connected to a wire that is buried into the ground beneath the house or building
Function of an Electrical Outlet:
- An electrical outlet is dormant until the plug of an electrical appliance is slotted into place. This is because the hot and neutral wires are not connected with one another to form a complete circuit. When the plug of an electrical appliance is slotted into place, the circuit is completed. Electricity passes out through the hot socket, into the hot side of the appliance's plug, into the appliance, then out through the other side of the appliances plug, and back into the neutral socket.
Electrical Outlet Safety Measures:
- Many, but not all, outlets also have two buttons at the center. This is a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, or GFCI. It monitors the flow of electricity from the hot to the neutral wire. If the amount of electricity passing out the hot end is greater than the amount coming back through the neutral end, the GFCI throws an internal breaker that cuts off the flow of electricity through the outlet. It does this because there is only one reason the flow of electricity could be greater going out than coming back in, a short circuit. This may be the result of using a damaged electrical appliance that begins to spark and is a serious hazard to one's health. It may also mean that the excess electricity is flowing through a human body, causing electrocution. The ground hole is not always found on all electrical outlets. This is because it is a relatively new feature that is not necessary for the use of an electrical appliance. However, should a power surge occur for any reason, the excess electricity will be sent down through the ground wire to be dissipated harmlessly. If there were no ground wire in use during a power surge, a running electrical appliance may break or even explode, causing a serious electrocution hazard
- 1 x Plastic Mounted Back Box
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 5.33||USD$ 5.01||USD$ 4.73||USD$ 4.47||USD$ 4.25|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.