Customers Also Bought
Input Impedance for DC Voltage Measurement
1.5V 2 x AA Batteries
210 x 75.6 x 30mm/8.3 x 3.0 x 1.2(L x W x H)
- The multifunction digital multimeter is a battery-powered, average responding-rms indicating multimeter
- Digital multimeter will test DC voltage, AC voltage, DC current, AC current, resistance, capacitance
- Include input impedance for DC, low battery display, sleep mode, full icon display, data hold, transistor, continuity buzzer, diode function
- The input impedance for DC voltage measurement around 10mW, the max display 1999
- Feature ppocket size, the multifunction digital multimeter is ideal for hobby & technical operations
- The pocket digital multimeter is easy to connect and operate, plug and play
- With all accessories here, the multifunction digital multimeter is ready to serve for you
- Adopt high technology & excellent workmanship, the multifunction digital multimeter is reliable for long time use
Size in Detail:
How to Use A Digital Multimeter To Test A Resistor:
Digital Multimeters have many functions that are useful. One of the things Digital multimeters are very capable of performing is testing components. This article will show you how to use your digital multimeter to test a resistor. Resistors are typically 2 terminal components whose main purposed is to limit current to other components. A voltage drop occurs between the two terminals and resistance can be calculated using Ohm' s Law R=V/I; where R = resistance, V = voltage, and I = current.
- Connect the probes to the digital multimeter. Connect the black probe to the com (common) port and the red probe to the port marked with the Ohm symbol which looks like an upside down horseshoe. For those of you who remember Greek, the Ohm symbol is the Greek letter Omega. This digital multimeter has banana jacks for the port plugs. Other digital multimeters may have screw in terminals or BNC plugs.
- Use alligator clips to attach to the digital multimeter probes. The alligator clips will allow you to work more hands-free and provide a better connection to the component. Use a red and black alligator clip to match the probes.
- Connect the alligator clips to each terminal of the resistor. Most common resistors are the 4 color band type. The first two colors indicate values, the 3rd band indicates a multiplier, and the 4th band indicates % tolerance of the resistor value.
- The pictured resistor is red (2), violet (7), orange (x 1000), and gold (5%). This resistor should then theoretically have a value of 2700 Ohms with 5% tolerance of the value. The lower the tolerance value, the better the resistor. 5% tolerance is about as good as a standard resistor as you can buy at stores like Radio Shack.
- Turn the digital multimeter dial setting to Ohms (Omega).
- Some less expensive digital multimeters have Ohm settings with multipliers (x 100, x 1000, etc). The digital multimeter shown is auto ranging so the multiplier will be shown in the screen with the reading.
- Take the digital multimeter reading. The pictured test shows a value of 27.02 k Ohms. The resistor value is therefore 2702 Ohms. This value is well within the 5% tolerance variance from 2700 Ohms. The resistor is ready for your project.
- To test an in-circuit resistor with a digital multimeter, use steps 1 and 4 above. Make sure there is no voltage active in the circuit board. You will probably have to use the probe tips unless you have really small alligator clips. Touch each probe to a terminal of the resistor. For resistor testing you can touch either terminal with the black or red probes.
- Take the digital multimeter reading. This resistor has the color code green, brown, brown, gold, and should therefore have the value of 510 Ohms. The digital multimeter reads 509 Ohms. The digital multimeter test shows a good resistor.
How to Read a Digital Multimeter:
The digital multimeter is a useful tool for testing electronic circuits for integrity, voltage output, resistance and other electronic attributes. Knowing the principles of how a digital multimeter works will enable you to use this valuable testing tool with confidence.
- Set the range of the multimeter. The multimeter's readout depends on the scale that is chosen, which is dependent upon the current, voltage or resistance you are measuring.
- Set the multimeter to register what you wish to measure, according to the specific instructions given for your model of multimeter. Once you have set the multimeter to the proper setting, make your tests according to the instructions. Note the reading.
- Mark down, or notate, if necessary, the reading you have gotten. Be certain that you've set the multimeter to the correct range, and that the controls were set to measure the parameter you wished to measure.
- 1 x Digital Multimeter
- 2 x Multimeter table pen
- 1 x Battery
- 1 x English Manual
- 1 x Leather Bag
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 20.83||USD$ 19.87||USD$ 18.90||USD$ 17.62|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.