- Within the base is a musical movement that plays "Memory"
- Up for you consideration is a beautiful large music snow globe
- This beautiful detailed collectible snow globe is a visual delight for your enjoyment
- You can put this musical snow globe everywhere all according your personal preference, cars, bedroom, and so on
- A keepsake decoration for your every day enjoyment
- The coloring and expression make this music snow globe irresistible
- Spread some winter cheer with this adorable collectible snow globe
- The musical snow globe is a perfect gift for your friend or get one for yourself to display in your home, office or game room
- Color: White
- Base Material: Ceramic
- Size: 15 x 10cm/5.9 x 3.9in(H x Dia.)
- The snow globe shows the story that two strange people meet in the wood, and fall in love then lose the contact
- The women play the violin to the men with the floating sequins, when playing the music
- The two people will rotate, when turning around the clockwork spring under the base
- The base is painted tree pattern
- Create a kind of romantic atmosphere with this snow globe. Best choice for you
Size in Detail:
How Are Snow Globes Made?
Snow globes were first introduced at the Paris Exposition fair in 1889. Water globes were introduced in a far smaller size than the modern version of the popular holiday item. The first snow globe featured powdery white flakes flowing around a scaled version of the Eiffel Tower. Snow globes became a fashionable item to own throughout Europe, and featured wedding bouquets, miniature dolls and military medals
Snow Globes Travel to America
- A German company developed snow globes depicting American city names, and introduced the novelties to the United States. Pennsylvania resident Joseph Garaja received a snow globe patent in 1929, and began mass-producing a myriad of snow globe styles. The introduction of plastic into the marketplace allowed inexpensive snow globes production and wider use as tourist attraction souvenirs. During the 1970s snow globes and technology merged, allowing the creation of music and moving figures inside the globe domes
Snow Globe Liquid
- The exact recipe of liquid inside snow globes is tightly guarded as a trade secret. Multiple recipes exist for a low cost home craft version of the snow globe. The water-like mixture allows snow particles to float around the globe when it is shaken. Homemade snow globes are often plagued by murky water after a short period of use. Liquid used inside the snow globe is comprised of light oil and a mixture of water and antifreeze. Components found in the mixture also include glycerin and glycol, which prevent the "snowflakes" from falling to the bottom of the globe too quickly after being shaken
Snow Globes "Snowflakes"
- Soap flakes are used in homemade versions of snow globes, and were the original material used to create an illusion of a falling snow. Modern and mass produced snow globes feature minuscule white plastic particles. The lightweight plastic flows inside the globe and eventually settles at the base when movement of the globe ceases. Snow globes, which possess moving figurines, stir the plastic particles, increasing the time the "snow" floats around the globe
Filling the Glass Globe
- The glass globe is produced in the same manner as typical glass bowls. A rubber cap with a threaded ring is added to the lip of the globe, to prevent liquid from leaking. The snow globe figurine is mounted with water resistant glue to the center of the rubber ring. If the snow globe features moving parts, the figurine is screwed onto the rubber ring and attached to a small crank mechanism housed beneath the ring
Attaching the Snow Globe Base
- A wooden or plastic base in then screwed onto the threaded rubber ring, securing the globe in place while holding the entire project upside down, preventing the plastic snowflakes and liquid from spilling. Crank boxes are mounted into the globe base for models, which play music or possess moving figurines. A lever, which turns by hand, or a slot for battery-powered movement, is connected to the globe base. Snow globes are created both by hand and through the use of assembly machines
How Does a Snow Globe Work?
Make It Snow
- The best part about making a snow globe 'work' is that it usually only takes a gentle shake, winding a key or pushing a switch to activate one. Years ago, snow globes only worked by someone turning one upside down and setting it back on a tabletop, then watching the minute bits of pretend snow swirl around inside the globe before settling. Perhaps your grandmother had one that had been crafted by an expert glassblower who made the fragile bubble working over an open flame
Machines and People
- Modern snow globes are made by machines, hundreds of them at a time. The globes are released from the machinery and set aside to cool. Once they're cool enough to handle, the neck edges are trimmed. The base scene, which is really much smaller than it looks through the globe (the curve of the globe magnifies the scene inside) is selected and then glued to the base. Some base scenes are still hand-carved or handmade, but most of these, too, are produced by machines. If the snow globe is also a music box, the base will have a music box motor installed in it and a hole drilled for the stem of the winding key to pass through. A musical snow globe can be key-wound or electronic, so it, too, takes a person to make it work
Handle with Care
- The trimmed neck of the glass globe next has a thin line of strong glue applied to it, and then the globe is set in place over the scene, fitting into a small channel carved into the base. Once the glue dries, the globe is turned upside down and filled with a special liquid, leaving just a tiny air bubble that shouldn't be visible once the globe is upright again. This is all usually done by machine, too. That special liquid is necessary because ordinary water, even distilled water, would eventually become murky, or the scene inside the globe would be shrouded by algae. The liquid also contains a chemical to keep the "snow" from getting stuck to the floor of the globe and unable to be dispersed when shaken
Work That's Fun
- A gentle shake or just tipping it usually is enough to start the snowstorm inside the globe. Some snow globes even have a tiny blower inside that blows air through the globe so the "blizzard" lasts until you turn the switch to stop it
Keeping It Working
- Snow globes are very fragile, so keep in mind they won't work if curious little fingers try to pry the globe apart from the base or wind the music box key too tightly. If you break a snow globe, be extremely careful picking up the pieces, and don't let pets or babies run across the floor until you've wiped up the liquid, swept and vacuumed the floor
How to Repair Snow Globes?
Although merely decorative bric-a-brac, snow globes may hold much sentimental value to the owner. When these keepsakes break, do not throw them away. They are quite simple to repair and make as new. It is even possible to customize them, add snow or glitter and leave the globes even more special than they once were
- Drive three or four nails into the scrap wood just wide enough to hold the glass globe in place upside down
- Remove all vestiges of the broken snow globe glass from the snow globe base
- Save whatever snow you can from the old globe water and allow to dry. Alternatively, purchase new snow globe snow or glitter from a local craft supply store
- Measure the amount of distilled water needed by filling up the globe and inserting the base upside down into the globe. Perform this step over a sink to catch the extra water that may come out
- Remove an additional 2 tbsp. of water from the globe. If you wish to add glitter or snow, increase to 3 tbsp. to allow room
- Mix 2 tsp. of glycerin into the globe's distilled water and stir until dissolved
- Add glitter or snow
- Line the rim of the globe glass with underwater glue. Follow the manufacturer's instructions as to quantity and setting
- Insert the snow globe base gently upside down onto the globe and allow to dry
- 1 x Decorative Figures Sweetheart Style Ceramic Base Music Snow Globe
Spec Condition New Type Snow Globe Color White Material Ceramic(Base) Dimension 15 x 10cm/5.9 x 3.9in(H x Dia.) Features Features Up for you consideration is a beautiful large snow globe
This beautiful detailed collectible snow globe is a visual delight for your enjoyment
You can put this snow globe everywhere all according your personal preference, cars, bedroom, and so on
A keepsake decoration for your every day enjoyment
Packaging Package Included 1 x Decorative Figures Sweetheart Style Ceramic Base Music Snow Globe
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 22.24||USD$ 20.82||USD$ 19.39||USD$ 17.49|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
100% Made to Measure Dresses
The Best Price
Speedy Delivery Times
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
Q: How to make sure the quality?
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
Bought this item on04-09-2011
- Other Thoughts: I ordered a snow globe. This arrived in a timely manor; however the water in the globe was frozen solid when it arrived.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-08-2011
- Other Thoughts: Got this product earlier than expected. Xmas gift that my mother will love. If ever have to order again, seller will be trusted and preferred. Thanks guys
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on03-30-2011
- Other Thoughts: I have one of these (from an antique dealer) and it is enchanting. It is now my favorite decoration and I discovered that I got a good deal at the store for a used one.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on10-12-2010
- Other Thoughts: THIS IS REALLY NICE, MY GRANDSON LOVED IT, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR EVERY DAY USE, NOT JUST SEASONAL, NICE TO LEAVE OUT ALL YEAR LONG TO DECORAT THE HOME, I GOT THREE, AND IT WORKS JUST FINE WITH BATTERIES!
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on12-30-2010
- Other Thoughts: My girls began collecting snow globes just before Christmas and this was a creative way to have a unique and personalized addition.
Was this review helpful?