Customers Also Bought
- The Matryoshka Nesting Dolls feature the ten pieces
- The boasts authentic style, finely detailed in rich folk tradition and crafted of solid wood
- This Matryoshka Nesting Dolls set comes in one larger doll and nine smaller ones nesting inside each other
- Each wooden figure is exquisitely hand-carved and hand-painted in Russia to match the dolls in the book
- Size: 27 x 12.5cm/10.63 x 4.92in(L x W)
- Material: Wood
- These Matryoshka Nesting Dolls set include10 pieces in different sizes
- Made of high quality wood material, the Wood Nesting Dolls are very soft to touch
- Don't wait too long - this set of Adorable Nesting Dolls is a good opportunity for you or somebody you love to dream a little
History of a Matryoshka Doll:
Matryoshka dolls, also known as Russian nesting dolls, are familiar around the world. The concept of one-inside-another has been used in other types of stacking toys, but the magical appeal of each colorful, hand painted Matryoshka doll has delighted children and adults alike for more than a century.
- Matryoshka is a regional female name in Russia; there are many popular variations. Matryoshka personifies a mother of a large family, a woman who is happy, healthy and well fed. The name represents fertility and motherhood. Nesting dolls are symbolic of Russia; they are globally recognized as fine Russian folk art.
- Early History
- The first Russian Matryoshka dolls were made in 1890 in the "Children's Education" workshop . An earlier nesting doll of a laughing bald man had been made by a Russian monk on Honshu, Japan. It is now in the Artistic Pedagogical Museum of Toys in Sergiev Posad, Russia.
- Russian artisans had already perfected the technique of creating nesting objects. They were experts at crafting nested sets of wooden eggs and apples.
- Nesting dolls have been popular play dolls from their beginning. Doll sets might represent fairy tale characters, historical events, or political figures. They are highly prized by collectors and are one of the most popular travel souvenirs from Russia. Matryoshkas were frequently custom made as wedding decorations or for special celebrations.
- Some dolls were created to reflect ethnic or cultural groups. Peasants, gypsies, and royalty have all been represented. Early dolls were often decorated by "porking", or burning, the design onto the wood. The technique sometimes created slight relief surfaces. Antique porked designs acquire a desirable patina.
- Traditional Matryoshka dolls are hand turned on a lathe. No measuring is done. The artist relies on experience and skill to achieve the accuracy needed to make the dolls fit together. The carving process is specialized; apprentices learn from masters.
- Birch is a common wood used in traditional dolls. Other woods are also used. When the doll blanks have been carved and the artist has painstakingly made sure that the fit is correct for each piece, it is time to paint the dolls. The wood is first sealed, and then the hand painting begins. Souvenir Matroyshka dolls are painted in bright colors, and they often are holding baskets, toys or pets.
- Modern souvenir Matroyshkas may be copycat versions that are molded or pressed from wood products. Each doll in a traditional Matroyshka, though, is carved from a single piece of wood.
- Matryoshka dolls are made in all sizes. Some are so tiny that they are carved and painted using a magnifying glass. Others are quite large, fifteen inches or so. There is no standard number of dolls made to nest inside. Three or four are just as appropriate as 30.
- Children's play Matryoshkas were sometimes made in a "pocket-size" so they were easy to carry along.
How to Make Matryoshka Dolls:
- Matryoshka dolls, also known as nesting dolls, are a popular element of Russian folk art. They are usually a set of dolls that fit within each other, hence "nesting dolls." Russian Matryoshka dolls are similar to Japanese Kokeshi dolls in their physical appearance, although Kokeshi dolls cannot nest within one another. However, unlike Kokeshi dolls, Matryoshka dolls are made from one form upon which all the features of the doll are painted. A circle is usually painted in the top center of the doll to denote the face.
- Cut three circles of painter's tape using the exact-o knife. Ensure that you size the circles the size you would like the faces of your dolls to be.
- Press the pieces of tape firmly against each paper cup. This tape will prevent the faces from getting the paint of the body on them.
- Paint the bodies of the dolls onto the paper cups, and allow the paint to dry for about an hour.
- Remove the painter's tape from the cups when the paint is completely dried. Use the fine-tipped paintbrush to paint the faces of the dolls within the circles.
- Use paints to add embellishments to the dolls, such as swirls, dots and any other designs you can create.
- Spray the dolls with spray polyurethane to give them a glossy shine.
- Cut three pieces of ribbon and tie each around a doll to complete your Matryoshka dolls.
How to Paint Matryoshka Dolls:
- Matryoshka, or Russian nesting dolls, are sets of dolls that fit one inside the other. They can come in virtually any size, shape and style, but are generally made to resemble each other, either by wearing the same clothes, being the same colors or having something in common, such as carrying a basket of food. The dolls were originally meant to symbolize motherhood and fertility, which is why traditionally the design is of a woman, but it is now common to find a set that represent a family, or even a variety of different animals or plants.
- Choose the topic for your nesting dolls. While a traditional set is of a group of female characters in babushka costumes, this is not your only alternative. The most important aspects of the dolls is that they have an overriding subject, such as animals, family, political or religious leaders, fairy tales and more.
- Draw the body and heads of each doll using a light pencil. Press just enough so you can see, but avoid going so dark that it will show through your paint. To make things easier, consider making the largest doll the most complex and the smallest the least complex.
- Separate your dolls so you can do them one at a time. Start with whichever you prefer, but make sure each doll is cracked in half. Do not paint them whole because the paint may get into the crack and make it hard or impossible to open without breaking.
- Put a doll part on a pedestal or shelf, some place near your eye level, comfortably within painting reach and well lit.
- Choose your paint. Watercolor does not stick very well to wood and is translucent so your pencil marks will show through, but it can also be extremely attractive. Acrylics are cheap and dry quickly, but they can sometimes look plastic-y, particularly for those who have less experience with it. Oil paints are malleable, long lasting and have a lustrous quality, but some can take a year or longer to dry, depending on the brand and quality (lower quality dries faster while high quality dries very slowly).
- Paint the dolls using the smallest brush you can manage. If you have difficulty controlling a brush, use a crafters' paint pen.
How to Collect Matryoshka Dolls:
- Matryoshka dolls, one of the most popular souvenirs of Russia, are a type of wooden nesting doll in which progressively smaller hollow dolls are stacked inside the largest. The original matryoshka dolls featured a pleasant peasant woman, usually wearing a head scarf. The name "matryoshka" comes from a popular Russian female name that is rooted in the Latin "mater" (mother). These dolls have been made for generations, and some are highly collectible.
- Learn about the history of matryoshka dolls. Sites such as Russian Legacy and Russian Crafts have sections dedicated to the legacy of the nesting dolls. Check out books about Russian art and European handcrafts or books devoted specifically to the dolls, like "The Art of the Russian Matryoshka."
- Explore the symbolism of matryoshka dolls. Many Russians consider them an image of fertility, with the healthy mother as the largest doll and her numerous children as the ones within her. Vibrant colors reflect the beauty of nature in painted flowers and careful details.
- Research the types and worth of various nesting dolls. An excellent reference is the "Collectors Guide to Nesting Dolls: Histories, Identification, Values."
- Determine your collection's focus and budget. You may decide to collect dolls with at least six figures, for example, or vintage dolls worth over $50 each. Find a niche that you will enjoy, keeping in mind that it may change as you progress with your collection.
- Begin your collection. Purchase antique or vintage nesting dolls through eBay as well as local consignment, boutique stores and estate sales. Find new dolls at some art shows, in Russia at gift shops and online through stores such as the Russian Store and Great Russian Gifts.
- Display your wooden nesting dolls in a curio cabinet or display case, which you can purchase or make yourself.
- 1 x Set of Russian Nesting Dolls
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 41.22||USD$ 39.41||USD$ 37.60||USD$ 35.18|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.