Customers Also Bought
Circular polarizing filters play a key role in every landscape photographer's kit. Polarization works best when your subject is 90 degrees to the sun, which means it will be to your side.
Circular polarizing filter is the single most versatile lens in a photographer's arsenal. The primary use of a polarized (or polarizing) filter is for minimizing light coming in from a single direction-especially handy for those overblown sunny skies and hyper-reflective skyscrapers. With skies, it also works to deepen and intensify the colour, from a robin's egg blue to something closer to an azure, and bring out the contrast within cloud formations. For vegetation, the colour is enriched, making it seem more vibrant and alive. It can even cut down on those sometimes pesky reflections in windows and other reflective surfaces, providing a crisp view of the other side.
Circular polarizing filter is also one of the few filters that simply can't be simulated using digital editing technology-the direction from which the light enters the digital sensor simply isn't encoded in any image file format.
- NISI LR CPL filter
- Caliber: 72mm
- Top Level Schott Glass
- Aviation aluminum
- Ultra slim frame with noble golden ring
- Ultimate 18-Layer anti-reflective multi-coating on both sides
- Extreme High Level of light polarization - 99.8%
- Superfine dull polishing and elaborate knurling make sure frame will not blanch because of repeated rotation
- Ultra thin filter frames help avoid vignetting on super wide angle lenses
- Water/oil repellent, scratch/stain resistant
There are a few things you should know to make the most of this filter
- Rotating Filter. The filter works by selecting directional of light--this means that the effect of the filter will change as you rotate it on the front of your lens. After screwing on the filter, you will be able to continue rotating the filter. You'll see reflections disappear and appear, and correspondingly, you'll see the colors saturate and desaturate. A word of advice: always rotate it in the same direction that you screwed it on, so that you won't accidentally unscrew it and drop it into a stream.
- Effectiveness. The filter is most effective when used at 90 degree angles to the sun. An easy trick is to point to the sun with your index finger while sticking out your thumb at right angles to your finger. As you rotate your hand pointing to the sun, your thumb will show you directions where your filter will be most effective.
- When to Use. When the sun is out, you probably want to use it, but I find it helps on cloudy days as well.
The easiest way to check is to pull it out and look through it. Rotate the filter in your hand and see if the colors change. If they do, you probably want to use the filter.
- Over-Polarizing. It's possible to over-polarize an image. For instance, Some like to cut down on the reflections in running water, but if all reflections removed, the water is nearly invisible, and it doesn't look natural. Just back off a little to give the photograph a more natural look.
- White Balance. To ensure your DSLR doesn't try to counteract the work of the filter, set your white balance to a fixed setting such as Daylight. You may also need to dial in a little negative exposure compensation to avoid overly bright results: around -2/3-stop to -1-stop should do it.
- Wide-Angle Lenses. When shooting images with wide angle lenses, the lens often will take in an expansive scene--so much so that the filter will polarize the scene unevenly. For instance, wide angle shots that include a blue sky will show the sky fade darker and lighter, with the darkest part of the sky being in the direction 90 degrees from the sun. So be careful when using this filter with a wide angle lens. You can often minimize this by using a focal length longer than 35mm.
- 1 X LR CPL Filter
- 1 X Protective Case
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 41.25||USD$ 40.30||USD$ 39.35||USD$ 38.08|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.