Customers Also Bought
- This mechanical pocket watch is designed with sculptural pattern
- Mechanical pocket watch features pocket chain, square case, high quality movement, black dial
- Do some nostalgic time travel with this nifty analog mechanical pocket watch
- Square silvertone case with layered contemporary black dial
- High hardness mirror treatment for the surface of the copper watch
- The cheap pocket watches have unique coating to prevent oxidation
- Size: 4.5cm/1.78in (Dia.)(Watch); Approx.37cm/14.6in (L)(Chain)
- Genius style and precision features of this pocket watch provide you not only a great daily decor, but also ensure each of your schedule never get early or late
- Lightweight, durable back and compact enough to bring with you everywhere, this bike pocket watch is perfect for those people who like nostalgic l
Size in Detail:
Ways to Wear a Pocket Watch:
Pocket watches--those charming anachronisms found in antique stores--date to the early 16th century, according to Robert Thatcher's "Brief History of the Pocket Watch." As wrist watches became popular, the more high-maintenance pocket watch faded from mainstream fashion. For those who want a retro touch for their wardrobe, there is a still a world of stunning pocket watches and accessories. With a little guidance, men and women can flaunt this standout style
Pocket Watches and Accessories:
- Pocket watches come in a huge array of styles and finishes. Many pocket watches have a closed case that flips open with a button; others have an openwork case that lets the crystal of the watch show through. Depending on the retailer, these watches come in gold, platinum, silver, brass and a black plate finish
- Most pocket watches come with a chain that ends in a fob (a dangling coin or medal sometimes bearing the insignia of a fraternal organization, corporation or the armed forces) or a slide clip to attach to a suit or vest button
- If the watch is an open-case type, meaning the crystal isn't covered, protect it with a leather pocket case. These have a loop on the back to slide onto a belt and wear at the waist
- There are three basic ways for men to wear a pocket watch. The easiest and most traditional way is with a vest. Clip one end of the chain around the middle button of the vest, button it and put the watch in the vest pocket
- If wearing a traditional men's suit sans vest, you may clip it to the middle button of the suit and put the watch inside the suit's inner breast pocket. If wearing jeans or chinos with an extra watch pocket (the small one inside the large front pocket), clip it to the belt loop and put the watch in the watch pocket. Jeans and chinos also look dapper with a leather pocket case attached to the belt
A Woman's Way:
- With the return of vests, structured suits and ruffled blouses with pencil skirts, the pocket watch is natural way to accessorize. Wear a long chain and fob as a belt for a tailored skirt. Tuck a traditional chain and fob into a vest pocket over trousers. Try wearing a swivel chain pocket watch, with a long doubled chain, as a necklace with a tailored suit. The addition of the masculine pocket watch to subtly feminine clothes adds a sexy edge to your style
How to Care for Pocket Watches?
Pocket watches offer a completely different look than your standard wristwatch. They have class and elegance, and are generally meant to be treated more delicately than wristwatches. There are myriad ways in which your pocket watch may get scratched, damaged or broken. Fortunately, there is a list of rules that will help prevent you from inadvertantly damaging your pocket watch
- Remove any extraneous objects from the pocket in which you are carrying the watch. An item such as a set of keys or a handful of change will scratch the surface of the pocket watch, and may even crack the crystal covering the face of the watch
- Keep your pocket watch away from water. A bit of water getting splashed on the watch is inevitable at some point, but avoid immersing it in water
- Clean your pocket watch with a soft cloth on a regular basis. You can get a soft cloth at your local eyeglass store -- it's the same cloth with which you can clean your glasses without damaging or scratching them
- Avoid using harsh cleaners on your watch. In general, even if the watch is fashioned out of sterling silver, the manufacturer will protect the watch with a finish and coating of lacquer, so harsh cleaners are not necessary and may, in fact, damage the watch
How to Clean Pocket Watches?
Pocket watches have been used for centuries as a timepiece for men. Many vintage pocket watches have been handed down from generation to generation. Taking proper care of your pocket watch requires attention to cleaning both inside and outside. Caring for the outside of your watch is a daily matter. Some men's pants and coveralls have watch pockets on the right. Their purpose is to protect the watch from being scraped and scarred by change or other objects inside the regular pocket. Cleaning the inside mechanism requires a delicate touch and must be handled with the proper tools and cleaning solutions
Prepare to Clean Your Pocket Watch:
- Assemble all watch cleaning tools and equipment. Specialized tools are required for disassembling the tiny parts of a watch
- Lay out lint-free absorbent paper. As the watch mechanisms are disassembled and cleaned, it is important to prevent the parts from picking up debris from your work surface
- Open the back of the watch. Insert a fingernail or case knife in the lip of the back and pry the case apart
Let Down the Mainspring:
- Locate the metal stopper. Wind the watch a couple turns and listen for the click. The clicking sound is made by the metal stopper as it passes the gear
- Hold the winding stem firmly and wind slightly past the gear
- Press against the metal stopper lightly with your wooden peg, moving it out of the way of the ratchet wheel
- Holding the metal stopper out of the way of the gears and rachet wheel, slowly release the winder and allow the mainspring to totally unwind
Remove the Watch Mechanisms from the Case:
- Pull the winding stem out until it clicks. Remove the bezel, the ring that holds the crystal in place
- Remove the crystal from the face of the watch
- Lift the watch mechanisms out of the case
Clean and Oil Your Pocket Watch Parts:
- Disassemble all parts and mechanisms of your pocket watch. Keep parts for each assembly unit separate for ease in assembling parts after cleaning and oiling
- Clean all parts except the mainspring by soaking in naptha or watch-cleaning solution. Brush with a small brush to remove all dirt and debris from tiny crevices. Lay cleaned parts on lint-free paper to dry. Allow to dry
- Oil the moving parts of the watch. Jewels are used as pivots in the gears. Locate the jewels and place a tiny drop of oil in each recess, using special watchmaker's oil and oiler. The oiler is a tiny wire designed to deliver a minuscule amount of oil to prevent over oiling
- 1 x Pocket Watch
Spec Condition New Type Pocket Watch Size 4.5cm/1.78in (Dia.)(Watch) Band Length Approx.37cm/14.6in Features Features This pocket watch is designed with sculptural pattern
Features pocket chain, high quality movement, black dial
Do some nostalgic time travel with this nifty analog pocket watch
Packaging Package Included 1 x Pocket Watch
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 32.07||USD$ 31.09||USD$ 30.11||USD$ 28.80|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
Get DinoPoint™ by Writing reviews, Post Images, or Post Videos. The first five customers can get double points!
Bought this item on08-25-2010
- Other Thoughts: I purchased this mechanical pocket watch for my friend as a Christmas present. The price is reasonable (after discount) and the quality is not bad too. A high rating will be given if the cover can be opened in a wider angle.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on07-21-2010
- Other Thoughts: It's really cool to watch all the mechanisms and gears working on the inside of the watch. Overall, it's sleek, kind of minimalist, and very practical. No fancy gizmos or batteries or lights or alarms, etc. here. Just a good all around pocket watch.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on06-16-2010
- Other Thoughts: Wow. I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend and we're both very happy with it. He winds the watch every morning and it holds accurate time for almost 24 hours. The watch is a comfortable weight and it's comfortable to hold and wear.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on05-12-2010
- Other Thoughts: This was purchased as a gift for a friend. Very beautiful, clean lines. Simple and elegant. Also got it engraved. Just to let you know: You can have both of the outsides of the watch engraved but the inside of the watch cannot be engraved only because it has a beautiful engraved pattern. Could put a picture in it. Very nice for the price.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on04-21-2010
- Other Thoughts: This reasonably priced mechanical pocket watch arrived just before Xmas. I'm very pleased with it's overall quality. I has a nice "heft" and the details are very nice. I bought it as a present for a 20-year-old after checking out all the pocket watches I could find in our local shopping mall. Nothing I saw while shopping came close to quality of this watch even at twice the price.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on03-17-2010
- Other Thoughts: The only problem I have had is that sometimes the clip on the end of the chain gets caught on the watch crown and you have to play with it a little to pull it off before you can press the button on the crown to open the cover. But that doesn't happen very often.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on02-17-2010
- Other Thoughts: This is a great copper watch, it functions well and looks very stylish. There are big Roman Numerals on the watch face and each second has a tick mark. Because of the skeleton design you can see the inner moving parts of the watch. I am glad I got it, and the company selling this watch on Dinodirect was very easy to deal with, the watch arrived very quickly.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on01-20-2010
- Other Thoughts: I bought two of these cheap pocket watches for gifts, and am very happy with them. Solid construction, nice brushed metal exterior, and a very cool watch face design. I'm sure there are more elegant watches out there, but for the price, it would be hard to beat this one.
Was this review helpful?