Customers Also Bought
- This punch down tool comes with high impact plastic body
- One end punch only and other end punch and cut
- All blades are interchangeable and reversible
- Blades are easy to exchange
- Replacement blades of the 110 punch down tool are available for type 88 & 110 blocks
- Telephone connections usually use 88 blocks and data connections use 110
- Terminates shielded or unshielded twisted pair cables to 110 & 88 GC block connections and RJ45 keystone jacks and modules
- Size: 14.5 x 2.5 x 2.5cm / 5.7 x 1.0 x 1.0in (L x W x Dia.)
- This punch down tool with professional impact has hardened reversible blade
- This impact punch down tool is inter-changable for type 88 & 110 blocks
- Adjustable impact setting accommodates termination requirements for operator preference
- Working on computer networking/cabling projects, it is useful and prepare one
How to Use a Telephone Wire Punch Down Tool:
- You can use a punch-down tool to terminate telephone and computer wiring into terminal blocks or jacks. These tools use a spring action to push the wire into the terminals. Depending on which blade you have positioned in the tool, it will also cut the end of the wire cleanly. When you punch the tool firmly into the block, it delivers a calibrated impact that seats the wire into the terminals with consistent accuracy. You can usually adjust the impact force on a punch-down tool as well as change heads for particular types of terminal blocks or jacks
- Determine what style of wiring block or terminal jack you have. Wiring blocks will be either 66- or 110-type. RJ11 and RJ45 terminal jacks require a 110-type tool
- Choose which head of the punch down tool you will need. Heads will either be designed for 66-type or 100-type terminals. In addition, one side of the head will terminate and cut the wire; the other will terminate only. The head of the tool can be pulled out, turned over and snapped back into place to switch between cutting and non-cutting sides
- Place the wire across terminal in the proper location, matching the color of wire to the color coding on the block or jack. The wire should already be stripped and untwisted
- Punch the end of the wire into the terminal. Place the punch-down tool on the wire to be terminated, perpendicular to the wiring block or jack. With one swift motion, punch the tool toward the wire with firm force until you hear and feel the tool's spring-loaded blade deploy
- Inspect your work and pull gently on the wire to make sure it is properly and firmly seated in the terminal
Tips & Warnings:
- You can buy punch-down tools on line or from home improvement centers. The prices range from about $40 dollars to $90 for a reliable one with replaceable steel blades. Plastic ones that wear out after a few punches cost around $10 but are not worth the money unless you only have a very small number of connections to punch
- Always wear safety glasses when punching down wiring because small bits of stripped wire can fly out
- 1 x Professional Impact Punch Down Tool
- 1 x Leather Case
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 4.79||USD$ 4.76||USD$ 4.74||USD$ 4.71||USD$ 4.71|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.