Customers Also Bought
- Made from genuine goose quill, 100% brand new and high quality
- The quill is slim and compact
- Symbolizing beauty and prosperity
- You will love its smooth writing experience
- Come with 5 pen nibs and one bottle of ink
- Pen writes well. Fairly easy to use
- This feather quill pen is a must have for anyone who wants to have a unique feather pen to write down their thoughts, correspond with friends or decorate their desk
- This Quill Feather Pen is made from naturally shed feathers, organically dyed and assembled
- Let your customers, clients or guests decorate their desks with this unique feather pen
- It is also suitable as party favors for weddings, sweet sixteens, Bar, Bat Mitzvah, reunions and more
- A very unique way to promote your business or give a memorable party favor
- Size:360 x 40mm / 14.2 x 1.6in(L x W)
- A very unique way to promote your business or give a memorable party favor
- Feather quill pen is excellent for adding a little extra power and creative energies to your writing
- This feather quill pen symbolizes beauty and prosperity and it is beautiful and elegant
- This feather quill pen comes with 5 pen nibs, which are fairly easy to use
History of the Quill Pen
The quill pen is an historically important writing instrument. Before being replaced by modern pens, it was used by draftsmen and artists to create beautiful calligraphy and manuscripts, especially in medieval times. It gained popularity because of its malleable tip and its ability to make a wide variety of lines. It is still used today by nostalgic enthusiasts, calligraphers and artists
- Function: The quill pen is made from a feather of a large bird, and was widely in use prior to the invention of the dip pen, the metal-nibbed pen, the fountain pen and the ballpoint pen. It is still used as by calligraphers because it provides a fine stroke and more flexibility than a standard steel pen
- Types: The most desirable feather to use for a quill pen is a primary flight feather taken from a large bird in spring. Goose feathers are the most common, and more-expensive swan feathers are considered deluxe. Other bird feathers used for quill pens come from the crow, eagle, owl, hawk and turkey. The barbs are stripped off the feather to allow the writer to grip the shaft of the pen more easily
- Construction: Once the quill feather is collected and the barbs removed, the shape of quill is altered by letting it stand in hot sand. A small shard knife is used to reshape the nib and hollow out the tip of the quill. The nib is sharpened from the outside to create a point. The feather's hollow shaft behaves as an ink reservoir
- History: Until the emergence of the steel pen, most draftsmen used quills. In the Middle Ages it was popular for its ability to create intricate images in manuscripts. It was used starting in the medieval era, and was eventually replaced by the stronger and more extravagant steel-nibbed pen, which was popular in post-medieval calligraphy. The quill pen influenced the design of the fountain pen, which was the professional man's ultimate status tool in the 1950s and 1960s
- Benefits: The fineness of the quill pen's nib allows the artist to create small linear figures or ornate decorations on paper or parchment. This characteristic, combined with the flexibility of the point, makes the quill pen easily adaptable to personal styles. The soft and supple tip of the quill allows for a wide variety of strokes, from soft, thin lines to energetic, thick lines
Feather Pen Crafts
It is not difficult to make feather pens. Everyone uses pens. Pens have been around for thousands of years in one form or another, and quill pens are among the most familiar. Quill pens were made from long, sturdy feather quills and dipped in ink for writing. Today, gift shops sell them as novelties and people make them for history projects and plays that take place in the past. Some pens even look like "modern quills," with brightly colored feathers decorating the ends of the pens rather than serving as the pens themselves. There are several such feather and pen crafts that adults and children can create
- Real Quill Pen: The hardest part about making quill pens is writing with them afterward. For this project, you need a feather about a foot long with a thick, strong center rib and scissors. Snip the tip of the feather at a 45-degree angle to create a writing point. If the feather is white, you may choose to dye it with a little food coloring or watercolor paint. If the feather is already dyed or you do not want to dye it, begin writing after making a little ink. Mix 5 parts fine soot with 2 parts gum arabic and 3 parts vinegar in a small bowl or pot. Write by dipping the pen into the ink and writing as normal. Dip the pen every few minutes to renew the ink
- Faux Quill Pen: This project results in a quill pen that doesn't need to be dipped in ink, eliminating the need for an ink pot and making the pen more portable. All you need is ballpoint pen refills, scissors and a long, strong feather. Begin by snipping the tip of the feather straight across to make a round opening. Hollow out the feather by slipping a long embroidery needle or bamboo skewer into the opening. This should punch through all the filler inside the feather's center rib. Insert a ballpoint pen refill into the cleared feather rib and secure it inside the feather with a few drops of white glue. The pen is finished and ready for writing
- Fun Feathered Pen: This feathered pen looks nothing like a quill. It is, however, a fun and inexpensive way to dress up ordinary ballpoint pens and make them look like fashion writing accessories. The craft starts with air-dry modeling clay such as Sculpey or pretty patterned ribbon, some colorful feathers, glue and a regular pen. Mix and roll different colors of clay together to create a pattern or marbled effect before rolling it into a single flat heet. Roll the sheet around the body of the pen, carefully pinching and smoothing it around the tip. Slip some short, pretty feathers into the end of the pen and let the clay dry. For a ribbon pen, wrap a piece of ribbon around the pen, covering it completely and securing the ribbon with hot glue. Slip feathers into the final layer of ribbon around the end of the pen
How to Write With a Quill Pen:
- Use very light pressure when writing with a quill pen. You must use much less pressure than you usually apply when writing with a ballpoint pen
- Trim the feathers of your quill pen so they do not obstruct your grip. Proper grip is necessary to write well with a quill pen
- Purchase calligraphy ink, usually found at an art store, to use with your quill pen. India ink is too sticky and won't flow well
- Write on flat rather than textured paper. Textured paper is too difficult to use until you get used to it
- Recognize handwriting with a quill pen is very different than handwriting with a ballpoint pen. It's like painting narrow lines. It'll probably look much different than your normal handwriting and you'll have to practice to get used to it
- Sharpen your quill pen. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a small piece from the outside edge of the nib at an angle. After the nib is sharpened several times, it's worn down and you must get a new quill pen
- 1 x Quill Pen
- 5 x Pen Nibs
- 1 x Bottle of Ink
- 1 x Pen Holder
- 1 x Box
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 31.04||USD$ 29.60||USD$ 28.16||USD$ 26.25|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.