Customers Also Bought
- 100% brand new and high quality feather quill pen
- The feather quill pen is slim and compact
- Symbolizing beauty and prosperity
- You will love its smooth writing experience
- Light weight and compact. Portable and very convenient
- The feather quill pen makes an elegant gift for all your favorite correspondents
- Feather quill pen set comes with a bottle of ink, a box and 5 pen nibs
- Size: 375 x 40mm / 14.8 x 1.6in(L x W)
- Feather Color: Green
- Material: Turkey Feather & Metal
- This feather quill pen comes with a bottle of ink, a box, a quill pen and 5 pen nibs
- Bowtie handle design noble feather quill pen has a natural curve that feels good in your hand
- This bowtie design feather quill pen with sculpture design is made from goose turkey feather, elegant and cool
- Skillfully and sturdy hand-cut nib with special handle is comfortable and easy to grip and write
History of the Quill Pen:
The quill pen is an historically important writing instrument. Before being replaced by modern pens, it was used by draftsmen and artists to create beautiful calligraphy and manuscripts, especially in medieval times. It gained popularity because of its malleable tip and its ability to make a wide variety of lines. It is still used today by nostalgic enthusiasts, calligraphers and artists
- Function: The quill pen is made from a feather of a large bird, and was widely in use prior to the invention of the dip pen, the metal-nibbed pen, the fountain pen and the ballpoint pen. It is still used as by calligraphers because it provides a fine stroke and more flexibility than a standard steel pen
- Types: The most desirable feather to use for a quill pen is a primary flight feather taken from a large bird in spring. Goose feathers are the most common, and more-expensive swan feathers are considered deluxe. Other bird feathers used for quill pens come from the crow, eagle, owl, hawk and turkey. The barbs are stripped off the feather to allow the writer to grip the shaft of the pen more easily
- Construction: Once the quill feather is collected and the barbs removed, the shape of quill is altered by letting it stand in hot sand. A small shard knife is used to reshape the nib and hollow out the tip of the quill. The nib is sharpened from the outside to create a point. The feather's hollow shaft behaves as an ink reservoir
- History: Until the emergence of the steel pen, most draftsmen used quills. In the Middle Ages it was popular for its ability to create intricate images in manuscripts. It was used starting in the medieval era, and was eventually replaced by the stronger and more extravagant steel-nibbed pen, which was popular in post-medieval calligraphy. The quill pen influenced the design of the fountain pen, which was the professional man's ultimate status tool in the 1950s and 1960s
- Benefits: The fineness of the quill pen's nib allows the artist to create small linear figures or ornate decorations on paper or parchment. This characteristic, combined with the flexibility of the point, makes the quill pen easily adaptable to personal styles. The soft and supple tip of the quill allows for a wide variety of strokes, from soft, thin lines to energetic, thick lines
Feather Pen Crafts:
It is not difficult to make feather pens. Everyone uses pens. Pens have been around for thousands of years in one form or another, and quill pens are among the most familiar. Quill pens were made from long, sturdy feather quills and dipped in ink for writing. Today, gift shops sell them as novelties and people make them for history projects and plays that take place in the past. Some pens even look like "modern quills," with brightly colored feathers decorating the ends of the pens rather than serving as the pens themselves. There are several such feather and pen crafts that adults and children can create
- Real Quill Pen: The hardest part about making quill pens is writing with them afterward. For this project, you need a feather about a foot long with a thick, strong center rib and scissors. Snip the tip of the feather at a 45-degree angle to create a writing point. If the feather is white, you may choose to dye it with a little food coloring or watercolor paint. If the feather is already dyed or you do not want to dye it, begin writing after making a little ink. Mix 5 parts fine soot with 2 parts gum arabic and 3 parts vinegar in a small bowl or pot. Write by dipping the pen into the ink and writing as normal. Dip the pen every few minutes to renew the ink
- Faux Quill Pen: This project results in a quill pen that doesn't need to be dipped in ink, eliminating the need for an ink pot and making the pen more portable. All you need is ballpoint pen refills, scissors and a long, strong feather. Begin by snipping the tip of the feather straight across to make a round opening. Hollow out the feather by slipping a long embroidery needle or bamboo skewer into the opening. This should punch through all the filler inside the feather's center rib. Insert a ballpoint pen refill into the cleared feather rib and secure it inside the feather with a few drops of white glue. The pen is finished and ready for writing
- Fun Feathered Pen: This feathered pen looks nothing like a quill. It is, however, a fun and inexpensive way to dress up ordinary ballpoint pens and make them look like fashion writing accessories. The craft starts with air-dry modeling clay such as Sculpey or pretty patterned ribbon, some colorful feathers, glue and a regular pen. Mix and roll different colors of clay together to create a pattern or marbled effect before rolling it into a single flat heet. Roll the sheet around the body of the pen, carefully pinching and smoothing it around the tip. Slip some short, pretty feathers into the end of the pen and let the clay dry. For a ribbon pen, wrap a piece of ribbon around the pen, covering it completely and securing the ribbon with hot glue. Slip feathers into the final layer of ribbon around the end of the pen
How to Write With a Quill Pen:
- Use very light pressure when writing with a quill pen. You must use much less pressure than you usually apply when writing with a ballpoint pen
- Trim the feathers of your quill pen so they do not obstruct your grip. Proper grip is necessary to write well with a quill pen
- Purchase calligraphy ink, usually found at an art store, to use with your quill pen. India ink is too sticky and won't flow well
- Write on flat rather than textured paper. Textured paper is too difficult to use until you get used to it
- Recognize handwriting with a quill pen is very different than handwriting with a ballpoint pen. It's like painting narrow lines. It'll probably look much different than your normal handwriting and you'll have to practice to get used to it
- Sharpen your quill pen. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a small piece from the outside edge of the nib at an angle. After the nib is sharpened several times, it's worn down and you must get a new quill pen
Facts About Feather Pens:
Pens made from feathers, or quills, were the most important writing tools for over a thousand years. In fact, the origin of the word pen is "penna," the Latin word for feather
- Main Period of Use: People began using quills for writing as early as the 7th century A.D. The feather pen became the writing tool of choice until the development of the steel-nib pen in the 18th century
- Feathers: According to the Jane Austen Society of Australia, a scribe might choose a quill made of a raven or crow feather for the finest work, but the feathers of turkeys, swans and geese were the strongest and most reliable. Thomas Jefferson was said to breed geese specifically to provide him with tools for writing
- How Feather Pens Are Made: After the feather is plucked from the bird, the shaft is carved and sharpened to a fine point with a knife (this is the origin of the term "pen knife")
- The Nib: The tip, or nib, is slit to allow the feather pen to take up ink, according to HistoricAmerica.org. The feather's shaft holds ink until light pressure is applied. The feather pen does not hold much, and must be repeatedly dipped in ink
- Care: When using a quill pen, it is important to clean the ink off the nib after use. A feather pen is completely washable, and will return to its original shape when dry
- 1 x Quill Pen
- 5 x Pen Nibs
- 1 x Bottle of Ink
- 1 x Box
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 23.28||USD$ 22.47||USD$ 21.65||USD$ 20.57|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.