Customers Also Bought
- Simply dip the delicate Feather Quill Pen in the ink well and write
- The Feather Quill Pen is with brown color design
- The Feather Pen base features a beautiful engraving lion
- Hand-cut tip for stylish writing and calligraphy
- The Quill Feather Pen is perfect for adding a special flourish to personal correspondence
- Feathers Color: Dark Brown
- Pen Material: Goose Feather
- Pen Base Material: Resin
- Feather Size: 360 x 40mm / 14.2 x 1.6in (L x W)
- The first look at the quill pen. This Feather Quill Pen is made from naturally shed feathers, organically dyed and assembled
- Skillfully and sturdy hand-cut nib design. This feather quill pen is a must have for anyone who wants to have a unique feather pen to write down their thoughts
- Highly decorated quality cast construction with various scrolls, markings, and vines or flowers
- Dark brown feather quill included. High quality ink is included in the quill pen set
- The quill pen base is with a lion head design. Packed in a antique gift box
History of the Quill Pen:
The quill pen is an historically important writing instrument. Before being replaced by modern pens, it was used by draftsmen and artists to create beautiful calligraphy and manuscripts, especially in medieval times. It gained popularity because of its malleable tip and its ability to make a wide variety of lines. It is still used today by nostalgic enthusiasts, calligraphers and artists
- Function: The quill pen is made from a feather of a large bird, and was widely in use prior to the invention of the dip pen, the metal-nibbed pen, the fountain pen and the ballpoint pen. It is still used as by calligraphers because it provides a fine stroke and more flexibility than a standard steel pen
- Types: The most desirable feather to use for a quill pen is a primary flight feather taken from a large bird in spring. Goose feathers are the most common, and more-expensive swan feathers are considered deluxe. Other bird feathers used for quill pens come from the crow, eagle, owl, hawk and turkey. The barbs are stripped off the feather to allow the writer to grip the shaft of the pen more easily
- Construction: Once the quill feather is collected and the barbs removed, the shape of quill is altered by letting it stand in hot sand. A small shard knife is used to reshape the nib and hollow out the tip of the quill. The nib is sharpened from the outside to create a point. The feather's hollow shaft behaves as an ink reservoir
- History: Until the emergence of the steel pen, most draftsmen used quills. In the Middle Ages it was popular for its ability to create intricate images in manuscripts. It was used starting in the medieval era, and was eventually replaced by the stronger and more extravagant steel-nibbed pen, which was popular in post-medieval calligraphy. The quill pen influenced the design of the fountain pen, which was the professional man's ultimate status tool in the 1950s and 1960s
- Benefits: The fineness of the quill pen's nib allows the artist to create small linear figures or ornate decorations on paper or parchment. This characteristic, combined with the flexibility of the point, makes the quill pen easily adaptable to personal styles. The soft and supple tip of the quill allows for a wide variety of strokes, from soft, thin lines to energetic, thick lines
How to Write With a Quill Pen:
- Use very light pressure when writing with a quill pen. You must use much less pressure than you usually apply when writing with a ballpoint pen
- Trim the feathers of your quill pen so they do not obstruct your grip. Proper grip is necessary to write well with a quill pen
- Purchase calligraphy ink, usually found at an art store, to use with your quill pen. India ink is too sticky and won't flow well
- Write on flat rather than textured paper. Textured paper is too difficult to use until you get used to it
- Recognize handwriting with a quill pen is very different than handwriting with a ballpoint pen. It's like painting narrow lines. It'll probably look much different than your normal handwriting and you'll have to practice to get used to it
- Sharpen your quill pen. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a small piece from the outside edge of the nib at an angle. After the nib is sharpened several times, it's worn down and you must get a new quill pen
- 1 x Quill Pen
- 5 x Pen Nibs
- 1 x Ink
- 1 x Pen Base
- 1 x Box
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 30.71||USD$ 29.36||USD$ 28.02||USD$ 26.22|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.