Customers Also Bought
- Small Ink Bottle Size: 3.0 x 3.0 x 6.2cm/1.2 x 1.2 x 2.4in(L x W x H)
- Big Ink Bottle Size: 6.0 x 3.5 x 6.0cm/2.4 x 1.4 x 2.4in(Lx W x H)
- Box Size: 38.0 x 11.5 x 5.0cm/15.0 x 4.5 x 2.0in(L x W x H)
- Pen Material: Goose Feather & Metal
- Base Material: Resin
- Feather Color: Green
- This quill pen has very beautiful graven holder that can attract others' attention easily
- With this quill pen, you can get the feeling of nobility and retro
- This quill pen has beautiful swan feather that has good hardness and fine toughness
- The feather pen can be used very conveniently only if it is dipped into the ink
- If you want some special personalized pens, you should buy these quill pens
- For the beautiful design and high quality, this gift pen set can be make the deep impression on the people
- The feather quill pen has the good ink that can be wrote clearly and neatly
- The box of this quill pen is very elegant and beautiful that you will like it when you see it
- The box of this quill pen is very beautiful that you will like it
- The quill pen has fashionable design that can show your good taste
- The nib of this quill pen can be written smoothly
- The holder of this quill pen has the features of European graven
- The feather can be kept a long time shiny through special handling
- The ink has good quality that you can get clear and neat writing
- The Cupid pattern on this pen base is very elegant and exquisite
Facts About the Quill Pen
Historical records do not pinpoint a specific inventor of the quill pen. However, it is thought that the quill pen was created out of necessity by scribes who wrote and illustrated the pages of manuscripts, some of which were works of art. The quill pens they made had a short span of useful life, lasting approximately one week. The scribes' patient labors---continually making new pens and using them with such distinction---makes the history of the quill pen all the more remarkable
Time Frame: The quill pen apparently came into use around 700 A.D. and remained the writing instrument of choice for about 1,000 years thereafter
Root Words: The word "pen" derives from the Latin "penna," which means "feather." This is a likely reference to the geese or swan feathers that were used to make quill pens. Similarly, "pen knife" comes from the knife used to cut the quill
Features: No two quill pens are alike, because of differences in the quill wing shafts and the carving skills of the makers. The quill nibs were sharpened to a very fine point. Ink traveled to the nibs through slits cut into the wing shafts
History: The quill pen was used to write the Magna Carta, the historic document that defined the rule of law in England, which was written in 1297 (see References)
Significance: In the United States, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were also written with quill pens. President Abraham Lincoln was known to favor eagle quill pens (see Resources)
Protocol: There is a protocol to using the quill pen. It requires a lighter hand, and the quill must be held at a slant. It should also be thoroughly cleaned after each use, particularly the nib, which can be washed in warm, soapy water, rinsed thoroughly and left to dry before the next use
How to Write With a Quill Pen
A quill pen is made from a bird feather and was invented in ancient times. It led to the creation of the fountain pen in the 1800s. Artists use quill pens in their drawings because they create a unique-looking stroke. Others use them for handwriting because they like the way it makes their handwriting look. Writing with a quill pen can be tricky until you get used to it
- Use very light pressure when writing with a quill pen. You must use much less pressure than you usually apply when writing with a ballpoint pen
- Trim the feathers of your quill pen so they do not obstruct your grip. Proper grip is necessary to write well with a quill pen
- Purchase calligraphy ink, usually found at an art store, to use with your quill pen. India ink is too sticky and won't flow well
- Write on flat rather than textured paper. Textured paper is too difficult to use until you get used to it
- Recognize handwriting with a quill pen is very different than handwriting with a ballpoint pen. It's like painting narrow lines. It'll probably look much different than your normal handwriting and you'll have to practice to get used to it
- Sharpen your quill pen . Using a small, sharp knife, cut a small piece from the outside edge of the nib at an angle. After the nib is sharpened several times, it's worn down and you must get a new quill pen
- 1 x Goose Quill Pen
- 5 x Pen Nibs
- 1 x Ink
- 1 x Base
- 1 x Box
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 30.38||USD$ 28.96||USD$ 27.55||USD$ 25.66|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.