Customers Also Bought
- Surveillance Area: 20 Square Meters
- Power Consumption: Surveillance State < 20uA, Alarm State < 20mA
- Power: 9V
- Current: Static current <10mA
- Smoke Sensitivity: 1 Level
- Automatic Detection: Every 1.67 Seconds Self-check Again
- Temperature: -10℃ ~ +45℃
- Humidity: ≤95%
- Size: 3.5 x 11.0cm/1.38 x 4.33in(H x Dia.)
- Color: White
- The home smoke detector is provided with high sensitiy for smoke with its optical sensing chamber
- With excelelnt workmanship, the smoke detector alarm is durable and provided high sensitivity
- Battery power enables homeowners to install interconnected alarms without rewiring
- Designed lightweight, the best smoke detector is easy and convenient to install
- Wireless technology uses radio frequency to transmit and receive messages
How Does a Smoke Detector Work?
What is a Smoke Detector?
- smoke detector is an electronic device that was originally invented in 1890 by Francis Robert Upton and Fernando J. Dibble. Essentially this electronic device is designed to detect the presence of smoke and alert anybody nearby of the potential danger of fire. A smoke detector should not be mistaken for a fire detector. A fire detector, though physically similar as they are both round disk-like objects that come in plastic shells often placed on the ceilings of private dwellings and offices, only alerts anybody nearby to the danger of a fire which has already grown to such a degree as to raise the temperature of the environment beyond the fire detector's programmed safe level. A smoke detector is much more effective in that it, by emitting a loud siren-like noise, can alert people to the danger of a fire in time to evacuate the building or stop the fire before it has a chance to grow. It is a device designed to prevent serious harm to people's property and persons. To date there are two types of smoke detector; the photoelectric smoke detector and the ionization smoke detector.
How Does a Photoelectric Smoke Detector Work?
- A photoelectric smoke detector is comprised of a few simple parts; a T-shaped chamber with a small light bulb or LED aimed toward the top of the T, a lens to focus the light into a concentrated beam, and a photodiode which detects the presence of the beam. When functioning normally the LED emits light in a steady beam at the photodiode. The sides of the T-shaped chamber are vented and open. As smoke rises, it would rise up to the smoke detector and seeps into the vents of the chamber. By doing so the smoke obscures the light, preventing it from striking the photodiode. When this happens the alarm is triggered.
How Does an Ionization Smoke Detector Work?
- An ionization smoke detector is cheaper and more effective than a photoelectric smoke detector, but some people are bothered by keeping them in their homes as the detectors make use of a radioactive substance. This substance is called americium and is not considered to be dangerous given the infinitesimally small amount used, though some people are still skeptical. The device is comprised of an air filled chamber with vents. Each vent contains a tiny amount of americium. This chamber contains two electrodes which are slightly separated, though a small amount of current is still able to continually jump that gap and close the device's circuit. When smoke enters the chamber, even microscope particles of smoke, it carries with it some of the americium. This americium makes the air in the chamber less prone to carrying an electric current and prevents the electricity from jumping the gap between electrodes. This breaks the circuit and triggers the alarm.
How to Install a Smoke Detector?
- The carbon monoxide produced from smoke can cause people to go into a deeper sleep. A smoke detector can wake a person up and save lives. Follow these steps to protect yourself and your family.
- Walk through your home and locate the areas where you want to mount smoke detectors. Detectors should be mounted only inside bedrooms, outside of bedrooms and in hallways leading to bedrooms.
- Grab your ladder and mount smoke detectors high - on a wall or on the ceiling - though the ceiling mount is preferable, as they will go off sooner.
- Be sure when attaching to the wall, place it 4-12 inches from the ceiling and in turn, mount ceiling detectors 4 inches from the wall. Smoke rises, so if you have a odd-shaped ceiling, opt for the highest point on the ceiling to place the detector.
- Avoid mounting smoke detectors near windows or doors, where smoke can escape before reaching the detector.
- Avoid mounting smoke detectors in kitchens, dining rooms or living rooms. Smoke and steam from cooking, fireplaces, and candles and so on can cause false alarms. Basements and garages should be avoided also. Water heaters, fumes from solvents, paint or gasoline, and dust from forced air heaters can set off alarms.
- Follow the directions on the package for mounting the smoke detector once you've chosen the area for the device. You'll most likely need a drill and a screwdriver.
- Make sure a qualified electrician mounts the device if you choose to go with a detector that will be hardwired to your home's electrical system.
- 1 x Smoke Detector Alarm
- Adopting unique optical sensing chamber, the smoke detector alarm can precisely detect the smoke density and announces the fire warning
- It can be used independently or can be used with the home smoke detector
- Self-alarm when the smoke density exceed the standard density
- Test button for easy recommended monthly testing
- Photoelectric chamber for early detection from all directions
- High sensitive chips inside and strong anti-interfere
- Surveillance status led every forty seconds flash once, alarm status led every 1 SEC flash again
- The detector is suitable for detect the smoke in house, shop, hotel, restaurant, office building, school, bank, library, computer house and storehouse etc.
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 6.52||USD$ 5.96||USD$ 5.41||USD$ 4.67|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.