- Color: Blue
- Base Material: Resin
- Globe Material: Glass
- Globe Diameter: 10cm/3.9in
- Length: 20cm/7.8in
- Heinght: 16cm/6.2in
- Up for you consideration is a beautiful large resin base music snow globe
- This beautiful detailed collectible snow globe is a visual delight for your enjoyment
- You can put this music snow globe everywhere all according your personal preference, cars, bedroom, and so on
- A keepsake decoration for your every day enjoyment
- The coloring and expression make this music snow globe irresistible
- The design of music crystal ball featured the lovers in it placing on the moon boat is creative
- The snow globe adds romantic atmosphere
- It brings the dream of roaming the world BTU riding the moon boat
- Shaking it, the snow will float to accent the romantic atmosphere
- Wringing the clockwork to play the music
How Are Snow Globes Made?
Snow globes were first introduced at the Paris Exposition fair in 1889. Water globes were introduced in a far smaller size than the modern version of the popular holiday item. The first snow globe featured powdery white flakes flowing around a scaled version of the Eiffel Tower. Snow globes became a fashionable item to own throughout Europe, and featured wedding bouquets, miniature dolls and military medals
Snow Globes Travel to America
- A German company developed snow globes depicting American city names, and introduced the novelties to the United States. Pennsylvania resident Joseph Garaja received a snow globe patent in 1929, and began mass-producing a myriad of snow globe styles. The introduction of plastic into the marketplace allowed inexpensive snow globes production and wider use as tourist attraction souvenirs. During the 1970s snow globes and technology merged, allowing the creation of music and moving figures inside the globe domes
Snow Globe Liquid
- The exact recipe of liquid inside snow globes is tightly guarded as a trade secret. Multiple recipes exist for a low cost home craft version of the snow globe. The water-like mixture allows snow particles to float around the globe when it is shaken. Homemade snow globes are often plagued by murky water after a short period of use. Liquid used inside the snow globe is comprised of light oil and a mixture of water and antifreeze. Components found in the mixture also include glycerin and glycol, which prevent the "snowflakes" from falling to the bottom of the globe too quickly after being shaken
Snow Globes "Snowflakes"
- Soap flakes are used in homemade versions of snow globes, and were the original material used to create an illusion of a falling snow. Modern and mass produced snow globes feature minuscule white plastic particles. The lightweight plastic flows inside the globe and eventually settles at the base when movement of the globe ceases. Snow globes, which possess moving figurines, stir the plastic particles, increasing the time the "snow" floats around the globe
Filling the Glass Globe
- The glass globe is produced in the same manner as typical glass bowls. A rubber cap with a threaded ring is added to the lip of the globe, to prevent liquid from leaking. The snow globe figurine is mounted with water resistant glue to the center of the rubber ring. If the snow globe features moving parts, the figurine is screwed onto the rubber ring and attached to a small crank mechanism housed beneath the ring
Attaching the Snow Globe Base
- A wooden or plastic base in then screwed onto the threaded rubber ring, securing the globe in place while holding the entire project upside down, preventing the plastic snowflakes and liquid from spilling. Crank boxes are mounted into the globe base for models, which play music or possess moving figurines. A lever, which turns by hand, or a slot for battery-powered movement, is connected to the globe base. Snow globes are created both by hand and through the use of assembly machines
How Does a Snow Globe Work?
Make It Snow
- The best part about making a snow globe 'work' is that it usually only takes a gentle shake, winding a key or pushing a switch to activate one. Years ago, snow globes only worked by someone turning one upside down and setting it back on a tabletop, then watching the minute bits of pretend snow swirl around inside the globe before settling. Perhaps your grandmother had one that had been crafted by an expert glassblower who made the fragile bubble working over an open flame
Machines and People
- Modern snow globes are made by machines, hundreds of them at a time. The globes are released from the machinery and set aside to cool. Once they're cool enough to handle, the neck edges are trimmed. The base scene, which is really much smaller than it looks through the globe (the curve of the globe magnifies the scene inside) is selected and then glued to the base. Some base scenes are still hand-carved or handmade, but most of these, too, are produced by machines. If the snow globe is also a music box, the base will have a music box motor installed in it and a hole drilled for the stem of the winding key to pass through. A musical snow globe can be key-wound or electronic, so it, too, takes a person to make it work
Handle with Care
- The trimmed neck of the glass globe next has a thin line of strong glue applied to it, and then the globe is set in place over the scene, fitting into a small channel carved into the base. Once the glue dries, the globe is turned upside down and filled with a special liquid, leaving just a tiny air bubble that shouldn't be visible once the globe is upright again. This is all usually done by machine, too. That special liquid is necessary because ordinary water, even distilled water, would eventually become murky, or the scene inside the globe would be shrouded by algae. The liquid also contains a chemical to keep the "snow" from getting stuck to the floor of the globe and unable to be dispersed when shaken
Work That's Fun
- A gentle shake or just tipping it usually is enough to start the snowstorm inside the globe. Some snow globes even have a tiny blower inside that blows air through the globe so the "blizzard" lasts until you turn the switch to stop it
Keeping It Working
- Snow globes are very fragile, so keep in mind they won't work if curious little fingers try to pry the globe apart from the base or wind the music box key too tightly. If you break a snow globe, be extremely careful picking up the pieces, and don't let pets or babies run across the floor until you've wiped up the liquid, swept and vacuumed the floor
How to Repair Snow Globes?
Although merely decorative bric-a-brac, snow globes may hold much sentimental value to the owner. When these keepsakes break, do not throw them away. They are quite simple to repair and make as new. It is even possible to customize them, add snow or glitter and leave the globes even more special than they once were
- Drive three or four nails into the scrap wood just wide enough to hold the glass globe in place upside down
- Remove all vestiges of the broken snow globe glass from the snow globe base
- Save whatever snow you can from the old globe water and allow to dry. Alternatively, purchase new snow globe snow or glitter from a local craft supply store
- Measure the amount of distilled water needed by filling up the globe and inserting the base upside down into the globe. Perform this step over a sink to catch the extra water that may come out
- Remove an additional 2 tbsp. of water from the globe. If you wish to add glitter or snow, increase to 3 tbsp. to allow room
- Mix 2 tsp. of glycerin into the globe's distilled water and stir until dissolved
- Add glitter or snow
- Line the rim of the globe glass with underwater glue. Follow the manufacturer's instructions as to quantity and setting
- Insert the snow globe base gently upside down onto the globe and allow to dry
- 1 x Moon Boat Resin Base Snow Globe
Spec Condition New Type Snow Globe Color Blue Material Resin(Base)
Dimension 10cm/3.9in(Globe Dia.)
Features Features Up for you consideration is a beautiful large porcelain snow globe
This beautiful detailed collectible snow globe is a visual delight for your enjoyment
You can put this snow glo
Packaging Package Included 1 x Moon Boat Resin Base Snow Globe
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 52.62||USD$ 46.17||USD$ 39.72||USD$ 31.13|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
Bought this item on12-15-2010
- Other Thoughts: My girls began collecting snow globes just before Christmas and this was a creative way to have a unique and personalized addition.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on05-18-2010
- Other Thoughts: I accidentally broke a water globe of my wife's that her father had given her as a child, and so I bought this kit to secretly remake it! It worked like a charm. In fact the maple base this globe comes with is nicer than the one I broke!
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on05-03-2010
- Other Thoughts: An exceptionally nice and professional-looking product, especially considering the price.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on10-05-2010
- Other Thoughts: We think it is fabulous that you can be as creative as possible.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on09-01-2010
- Other Thoughts: Great product, and though shipping seemed to be a lot, it was extremely fast shipping and the packaging was the best quality I've ever seen! So, don't get taken back by the shipping...it's worth it!
Was this review helpful?