Customers Also Bought
- This quill pen has very beautiful graven holder that can attract others' attention easily
- With this quill pen, you can get the feeling of nobility and retro
- This quill pen has beautiful swan feather that has good hardness and fine toughness
- The feather pen can be used very conveniently only if it is dipped into the ink
- If you want some special personalized pens, you should buy these quill pens
- For the beautiful design and high quality, this gift pen set can be make the deep impression on the people
- The feather quill pen has the good ink that can be wrote clearly and neatly
- Size: 360 x 40mm/14.2 x 1.6in(L x W)
- The set of turkey leather quill pen can totally show your good taste, which can make the users elegant
- There are five nibs included in the set, which ensures you can use the quill pen for a long time
- The size and design are both look elegant and exquisite, and it is easy for you to write with the quill pen
- The pen holder with classical European style can show the users' dignity and exquisite taste
- The nib of the pen with good quality material and excellent workmanship make it sturdy and durable
- With a beautiful bowtie on the quill pen, you can see the exquisite workmanship from every detail of the pen
Facts About the Quill Pen
Historical records do not pinpoint a specific inventor of the quill pen. However, it is thought that the quill pen was created out of necessity by scribes who wrote and illustrated the pages of manuscripts, some of which were works of art. The quill pens they made had a short span of useful life, lasting approximately one week. The scribes' patient labors---continually making new pens and using them with such distinction---makes the history of the quill pen all the more remarkable
- The quill pen apparently came into use around 700 A.D. and remained the writing instrument of choice for about 1,000 years thereafter
- The word "pen" derives from the Latin "penna," which means "feather." This is a likely reference to the geese or swan feathers that were used to make quill pens. Similarly, "pen knife" comes from the knife used to cut the quill
- No two quill pens are alike, because of differences in the quill wing shafts and the carving skills of the makers. The quill nibs were sharpened to a very fine point. Ink traveled to the nibs through slits cut into the wing shafts
- The quill pen was used to write the Magna Carta, the historic document that defined the rule of law in England, which was written in 1297
- In the United States, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were also written with quill pens. President Abraham Lincoln was known to favor eagle quill pens
- There is a protocol to using the quill pen. It requires a lighter hand, and the quill must be held at a slant. It should also be thoroughly cleaned after each use, particularly the nib, which can be washed in warm, soapy water, rinsed thoroughly and left to dry before the next use
How to Trim a Quill Pen
You can find quill pens in countless classic pieces of artwork depicting famous writings or signings. It doesn't take much time to make your own quill pen. You can do it easily with a feather. If you do it correctly, you'll have an old-fashioned writing utensil that is fully functional when used with an ink pot and serves as a great conversation piece
- Select a suitable feather for use as a quill. Your feather should be a large flight feather from a bird like a goose or a swan
- Cut off the top portion of the feather if desired to make the quill an easily manageable length. Leave the full feather intact if you want to recreate the quill pen many imagine when they think of a writer from the eighteenth century or earlier
- Strip the feather down to just the quill. Strip the entire feather, if your focus is mainly function. Or strip just enough of the feather to create room for a hand to hold the feather comfortably
- Sharpen the blade of your knife with a whetstone if needed. Working with a dull blade can be extremely dangerous
- Shape the tip of the quill using the knife by making a diagonal cut at the tip of the quill, then carving the angle into a swooping shape with a series of small slices
- Lay the quill flat on the cutting surface with the longest portion of the tip down, and slice a small groove into the inside of the tip. Do not cut all the way through the quill. You do not want to slice it. You just want to make a groove to direct the ink to the point of the quill
- 1 x Feather Engraving Fountain Pen
- 5 x Nibs
- 1 x Bottle of Ink
- 1 x Pen Holder
- 1 x Box
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 28.08||USD$ 26.89||USD$ 25.69||USD$ 24.09||USD$ 24.09|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
100% Made to Measure Dresses
The Best Price
Speedy Delivery Times
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
Q: How to make sure the quality?
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?