Customers Also Bought
- Brand new, high quality
- VGA cable with male to male connector
- VGA cable with HDB15 Male to HDB15 Male connector
- Extension cable for computer monitor connection
- Double magnetism ring shielded
- Cable Length: 10m / 33ft
- 15Pin VGA Extension Cable with male to male connector
- VGA Extension Cable with HDB15 Male to HDB15 Male connector
- 15Pin VGA Extension Cable for computer monitor connection
- High quality material makes the 15Pin VGA Extension Cable durable and reliable for long time use
What is VGA:
- VGA technology is an analog interface, or connection device, used between a computer system and monitor, or other display device
- VGA hardware is used to facilitate a digital signal which enables a display device to show an image
- VGA refers to a specific resolution, or level of information displayed, of 640-by-480 pixels. Pixels are the smallest element in an image
How to Build a VGA Cable:
Build a VGA cable on site and for pennies by soldering two ends on a cable and attaching a pair of hoods. When a longer cable is needed, one can be made in just minutes for very little cost in a few simple steps. Nearly any computer cable can be created in custom lengths by using a small assortment of solder and crimp connectors and having a supply of cable on hand. Simple steps and links to the pin diagrams necessary to make various cables are all that is needed.
- Cut the cable to the desired length, leaving some spare cable for slack and to be able to rearrange the desk.
- Strip about an inch of the outer insulation from each end of the cable, being careful not to nick or strip the insulation from any of the inner conductors. If any of the inner conductors are stripped in the process, cut the cable back an inch and strip the outer conductor again.
- Strip about a quarter-inch from each of the inner conductors. Preheat the soldering iron while stripping the conductors.
- Place one D-sub connector into the hands-free soldering aid so that the solder connectors are facing up.
- Insert a single conductor deeply into the middle pin of the middle row of solder connections, choosing a color that is in the middle of the cable to keep the conductors from getting tangled.
- Touch the tip of the soldering iron to the conductor and press it against the solder connection on the D-Sub connector for a second or so and then apply the tip of the solder to the conductor until solder flows into the connector and onto the conductor evenly. Remove the soldering iron and inspect for a good connection.
- Solder the remaining pins in the middle row and then solder the pins in the outer rows until each of the 15 pins has a conductor soldered to it. Repeat the process for the other end of the cable, using the same color conductor for the same pin number on each end of the cable.
- Attach the protective hoods to the ends of the cable after inspecting the connections. Connect the cable to the monitor and the video card.
The Difference Between VGA and SVGA Cable:
- Image by Flickr.com, courtesy of Stephen In traditional desktop computer setups, a cable connects a computer to a monitor. A video graphic array (VGA) cable carries analog signals and supports video resolutions up to and including 640 x 480. A super video graphic array (SVGA) cable carries analog signals and supports resolutions up to and including 800 x 600. SVGA is also known as enhanced or ultra VGA. Most SVGA cables support far higher display resolutions than the 800 x 600 standard
- VGA and SVGA cables usually have plugs with pins arranged in three staggered rows: The first and last rows have 5 pins and the middle row, with only 4 pins, appears to have a missing pin. But no pin is missing. This 14-pin configuration is the standard configuration, and these cables plug into high-density, 3-row, 15-hole VGA ports, or sockets, on computer monitors, other display devices and adapters
- It's impossible to tell the difference between unlabeled VGA and SVA cables just by looking. If the cable is SVGA and is connected to a SVGA-capable display device and a computer with a graphics card and video memory supporting SVGA, a resolution of 800 x 600 or better should be available
- Unlabeled cables that are fat are more likely to be SGVA than are skinny cables. SVGA cables have superior shielding. In addition, to help eliminate interference and signal degradation, SVGA cables usually have ferrite beads
- Although not a guarantee, the diameter of a cable may be a measure of quality. In most cases, the thicker the cable, the better the quality
- SVGA, which requires more video memory and computer graphics capabilities than VGA, supports 16 million colors. With VGA and its maximum resolution of 640 x 480, only 16 colors are supported. VGA monitors are now obsolete. The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA), a consortium of video adapter and monitor manufacturers, develops standards for SVGA
- High-resolution signal carried for long distances requires better cable than lower resolution signal carried over shorter distances
- When transmitting high-resolution images over distances shorter than 5 feet, a low-cost, low-spec cable is likely to be adequate
- Problems occurring with poor quality cables include double images, smeared images and, possibly, no images at all
- Before buying a new cable of any kind, check the configuration of the ports, or sockets, to be used. If they are traditional female configurations (with holes), make sure both ends of the cable are male (with pins). Check that the number of rows and the number of pins in each row match as well.
- MDA, CGA, and EGA monitors will not work with VGA cables
- 1 x 33ft 15Pin VGA Male to Male Extension Cable for LCD Monitor
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 7.56||USD$ 7.07||USD$ 6.59||USD$ 5.95|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.