- Grass braid style, this Sun Hat is very cool and fashionable
- Fashionable design, you will be more beautiful after wearing on it
- Features adjustable strap, this Straw Hat is suitable for most people's head
- Made of high quality material, these Sun hats are durable for long time wearing
- Feel comfortable and soft when you wear this Sun Hat
- Breathable and sweat-absorbent, this Sun Hat is versatile and great for everyday wear or travel
- Material: Wheat Straw
- Peak Width: 13cm/5.1in
- Suitable Head Circumference: 48~56cm/18.9~22.0in
- Featuring 5.1 inches wide, this Straw Hat offers you maximum protection without any hassle or fuss, and gives you a great local look
- Fitted in the back with an adjustable strap, makes this easy to adjust and fit to your preferred activity or style
- Made from 100% wheat straw, this bright ribbed textured hat embodies all the comfort and style of a traditional visor with a flare of far away fun
- Breathable and sweat-absorbent, this wheat straw braided wide brim visor makes you feel comfortable and soft
- Features adjustable strap, this Straw Hat is suitable for most people's head
How to Measure Your Hat Size:
- Measure the circumference around your head, usually keep the tape above the eyebrow and tilted slightly upward to allow for the sloped down brim
- Then, determine your hat or cap size using the hat size chart, if between sizes, select the next size up
- Please measure circumference around your head the way you wear your hat
How to Make Straw Hats:
Straw hats have been around for centuries. No one knows exactly when their history began. There's evidence of something similar to a straw hat, an inverted fez-type hat called a Stephanos on a Greek terra-cotta sculpture that dates back to 700 B.C. Straw hats appeared in Shakespeare's plays in the 1600s, and in editions of women's fashion publications from the eighteenth century on. They were the rage in the United States in the late 1800s in the form of the Panama hat. The straw hat is still popular today, in many forms. Why wait? Create fashion history of your own and make straw hats.
- Work out the design for your straw hat on graph paper. You can base it on a historical design, or you can create your own design. Try to do it to a scale in which each square of the graph paper equals 1 inch.
- Transfer your design to cardboard. Draw out the pattern pieces, but to the proper scale. Tape all the pattern pieces together so you can check out the feasibility of your straw hat design. Make any adjustments before continuing.
- Acquire straw braid from which to make your straw hat. You can either buy rolls of straw braid from a craft store or a fabric store. You can also pick apart something existing such as a place mat or even an old hat. Be careful when you pick apart these items that your seam ripper does not damage the straw braid itself.
- Use the cardboard pattern pieces as a guide and begin to sew the straw braid together. Lay the straw braid flat and coil it around in a small, flat circle. Secure it in place with thread by sewing through the edges of the braid. Continue sewing the braid together, making a larger and larger circle, until it matches the crown pattern piece.
- Sew plaits to the crown at a 90-degree angle. Continue working downward until you create the side panels. Fit the hat to your head as you make the straw hat to make sure it fits you.
- Create the brim by working your way either from the outside of the brim to the hat opening or from the hat opening to the outside of the brim. Create all the individual pieces of the straw hat first and then sew them together, with the raw edges and seams on the inside of the hat. Fit the brim's opening to make sure you don't make it too tight.
- Try a more difficult technique when making a straw hat. Sew the straw braid together so that your straw hat is made from one continuous piece instead of individual pieces sewn together.
- Decorate your straw hat with ribbons or flowers or both.
How to Clean a Straw Hat:
- Cleaning Options
- Straw hats come in different styles, but are usually worn for informal occasions during the warmer seasons. Keep yours in top shape by following these steps.
- Use a homemade formula for simple stains. Mix the following ingredients and rub lightly with a soft cloth. If it is a dark color mix ½ teaspoon ammonia and ¼ cup water. For lighter colors mix ½ teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and ½ teaspoon of warm water.
- To help reshape hats that are misshapen, use a little steam. Hold it over steam and move it around and then let it air dry. The steam source could be a large pot of boiling water.
- To spruce up the color or refurbish dark straws, rub a little alcohol that is diluted with water over the entire surface. Rub dark colored velvet over the hat to make it shine.
- To clean the sweatband, simply use a small brush dipped in soap and water and scrub lightly. Be careful to only get the sweatband wet.
- Preventative Care
- Brush after every use. This will get any dirt particles off every time.
- Wash your hands prior to touching it. This will prevent oils from staining your hat.
- Pay attention to how you store the hat. If it's stored on a table, it could lose its shape. Use a plastic shaped head or even an old coffee can. Use a storage box if you are traveling.
- Protect it from stains with a light spray of stain repellent. This may also prevent water stains.
- Avoid extreme heat or cold temperatures. This may cause it to lose its shape too. This includes protecting it from direct sunlight that may fade the colors.
How to Reshape a Straw Hat:
- Straw hats are ideal for protecting the head and shielding your face from the sun's harmful rays. A straw hat provides a lightweight barrier between your face and the elements. However, after a season of being stored, you may find your hat squished or misshapen from being shoved into a closet or having something placed on top of it. Straw hats are resilient. If you want to save your favorite hat, all you need are a little time to shape the hat, time for it to dry and some objects you have around the house.
- Fill the hat with a bowl then place it right side up on a hard surface.
- Using a steamer or the steam setting on your iron, run along the misshapen part of the hat as close as you can get it without allowing the steamer or iron to touch the straw. Steam the straw until it is damp.
- If you don't have a steamer or a good steam iron, try using steam from a pot of boiling water. This can be tricky because you have to avoid burning your hands. A thick pair of garden gloves or oven mitts will give you some protection, but steam can still seep through if you hold it too close to the boiling water. Hold the hat over the steam until the straw is damp then quickly place a bowl or other round object inside.
- Smooth the hat around the bowl with your hand to help form the shape. Gently reshape the rest of the hat by hand.
- Place a heavy object over the brim to keep it flat and from curling up. Allow the hat to thoroughly dry before wearing it.
How to Dress a Straw Hat:
Straw hats are not just fashion friendly; they help to protect your face from the sun's rays. You can dress a straw hat in very little time, changing the looks to compliment your mood.
- Start with your basic straw hat. Pin a vintage brooch to the front portion just above the brim of the hat
- If you want a real splash of color, choose a brooch like the one pictured. Anything large and red definitely garners attention
- Make a fabric band out of remnant material to dress your straw hat. Measure the circumference of the straw hat just above the brim. Cut two pieces of fabric at this length PLUS at least an additional 12" to allow for a simple tie in back
- With right sides of fabric together, on your sewing machine stitch a 1/2" seam allowance leaving a small section open for turning. Turn, trim corners, press with iron and slipstitch opening closed
- Using the same method above, make a fabric band for your straw hat out of white eyelet. The eyelet fabric looks clean and crisp against the straw; the contrast is a classic look
- Go for the casual look and dress a straw hat with an old woven leather belt. Simply wrap the belt around the base of the hat and buckle. Tuck the excess length under the first wraparound portion of the belt
- To dress a straw hat in a funky style, take a colorful, chunky, beaded necklace and wrap around the base. Attach with your jewelry findings in back
- There are so many ways to dress a straw hat; all of these ideas are adaptable. Use your imagination and your sense of style to suit your own unique taste. Have fun
Tips & Warnings:
- There are no real limits to dressing a straw hat. If it suits your taste and compliments your outfit and your style, you've dressed your straw hat appropriately for you. Have fun
How to Wear Sun Hats:
If you find sunscreen offers your face and neck little protection from the sun, a sun hat is a great choice for you. From the occasional beach dweller to the most cautious of outdoor enthusiasts, a sun hat offers a much needed shield from the heat and harmful rays of sun exposure. The ideal sun hat varies depending on outdoor activity and the day's current weather conditions.
- Determine your hat style. Summer beach hats offer a rim with little coverage, while resort style hats include a large rim and scarf for additional protection
- Choose a hat color that coordinates with your clothing or swim attire. When in doubt choose a neutral hat color. Some of the most popular choices include black, white and tan or brown
- Decide on a hat that is appropriate for your activity and the weather. Consider leaving a hat with a large curtain or scarf home on a windy day, and instead opt for a wide brimmed sun hat
- Wear your hat as soon as you are outdoors. A sun hat cannot protect your skin unless it is on your head
- Use the hat to shade your eyes from direct sunlight. Consider pairing your hat with a nice pair of sunglasses to combat glare
- 1 x Visor
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||NZ$ 16.47||NZ$ 14.78||NZ$ 13.08||NZ$ 10.82|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
DINODIRECT has a team of professional designers, who are all experienced in European and Western design and lead the latest trends in Europe and the United States wedding market design. Our designers are also experienced in customizing dresses; we can do whatever you ask to do on your dresses like Lace and beading. You can tell us your ideas on your dresses and we would like to help you make your ideal wedding dress. We will give you the design in 48 hours with all the unique and charming details.
100% Made to Measure Dresses
DINODIRECT.Produces tailor-made dresses to suit your needs. We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade. Once you provide the accurate measurement of the details (See our measurement guide) to us, we will immediately start working on your wonderful, unique wedding dress.
DINODIRECT.com’sdresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.
The Best Price
DINODIRECT.com’s prices are a lot lower than retail prices. With the decades experience in wedding industry, we can offer you all kinds of dresses with the most reasonable prices. Our price varies from US$100-US$800 for some of the highest quality dresses found online.
Speedy Delivery Times
DINODIRECT will ship out your dress as soon as possible. It takes you about 30 days from the day you place your order to the day you receive it.
Q: Are the dresses made by your own factory?
A: DinoDirect has our own factory with over five years’ experience in making dresses.
Q:Is the price on your website real price, why it is much cheaper than market price?
A:Dinodirect manage our business with lower overhead than a retail store or a company. We needn't employ many different departments, and needn't pay the much fees for advertising, renting a store, asking other team for alteration etc. We are the one of largest professional wedding factory in China, and our clients can order dresses from our factory directly. Since we do not have to accommodate for these costs, we can pass the savings onto our customers.
Q: How to make sure the quality?
A:DINODIRECT.com’s dresses are made of best material. DINODIRECT hires only the best dressmakers and experienced designers in china, who use the finest production techniques to create your dress.We ensure that all dresses are 100% handmade.
Q:How do I place my order in this website?
A:You can view the catalog in our website. If you find anything you want to buy just take it to shopping cart and then go check out.
Q:How do I use the search option of your site?
A: You can search by color, by designer, by occasion, by dress type, by price, or by style number. You can search all those categories at once and even sort by price and popularity once you've filtered your dresses.
Q:Can you customize the size of my dress?
A:Absolutely – if our standard sizes don't work for you, we can make you a custom-sized dress for free,When you ordering, you’ll need to check the tab for “Custom size”,then fill in your size. Getting professionally measured is best, but if you want to do it yourself be sure to read our measuring guide first. Avoid common mistakes by doing the following:
1.Ask someone else to measure for you
2.Take measurements while wearing undergarments similar to what you’ll wear with the dress
3.Provide a bust measurement from the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size!
Q:Can I order this dress in a different style/fabric/length?
A: Of course you can. You can click" Custom Size" and then leave your request in "Item Remarks". We will make your dress by your request.
PS: Some dresses do not have “Item Remarks” Tag.
Q: If I buy 2 or more dresses at the same time, do I need to pay postage for twice or more?
A: If you order 2 or more dresses including accessories from our website and we can send them together to same address, you just need to pay for postage once.
Q: How will my item (s) be shipped?
A: All shipping information is outlined in our shipping page.
Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: Usually it takes 7-15 days to make wedding dresses and 1-2 days to check your dresses. The shipping time also differs in shipping methods. The fastest shipping - expedited shipping takes 5-6 days for the shipment. The standard shipping takes 5-9 days. The super saver shipping takes 15-20 days for the shipment. The sooner you place an order, the sooner we start preparing your dress. Thank you.
Q: Will my dress exactly match the color I see on your website?
A: There might be a slight difference between the actual dress’s color and what you see in the photo depending on your computer monitor’s display settings.
Q:Can I make changes to my order after I have paid for my order?
A:You can change your order within 48 hours after you have paid your order, by contacting DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com, if more than 48 hours, we could not change your order any more.
Ensuring your order number is included.
Q: What should I do if the size doesn’t fit me perfectly?
A:If your size fluctuates or you want to modify the dress slightly, we always leave a few inches in the seams so that your local tailor can easily make alterations as needed. Dresses generally have a margin of 1 inches on either side of a seam. Flower detailing, beading or belts/ribbons may limit ability to let a dress out.
Q:How do I upgrade my shipping?
A: Simply respond to your confirmation email with the method you would like to change it to.
Q:How to Preserve my Dress?
A: In order to prevent the dress distorting and yellowing, you can choose professional dust bag to restore.
Q:What should I do if I have forgotten my password or my password does not work?
A: In our register page, please click “forgot my password”, you will receive an email. There will be a link in the email, click that link and reset your password. If you don’t receive the email, please check it again in your spam mail. Please contact with our Customer Service online if you don’t receive it indeed.
Que Tal Carolyn
Bought this item on01-21-2011
- Other Thoughts: I do a lot of walking, hiking, boating and other activities in the summer. I love this visor as it's the first one I've had that is comfortable to wear for an extended time and it's easy to pack when travelling. Straw goes with everything, too. <br/> <br/>The only drawback -- and I've had this problem with all visors and ball caps -- is that it tends to blow off in wind. I'm still giving it 5 stars as I think that's a problem with all visors by the very nature of their design.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on02-09-2011
- Other Thoughts: This visor is both stylish and keeps the sun off your face. However, after wearing it for 18 holes of golf, you do tend to get a headache from the band.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on03-07-2011
- Other Thoughts: This hat is easy to wear, comfortable, packs for travel, and looks good. The hat has excellent sun protection and the design makes it very comfortable to wear on hot days. I spend time outside gardening, swimming and walking. This is the first 'hat' - really a visor with wide brim - that I can wear in the heat comfortably. I have one hat that I wear in the pool and while gardening. There are some water marks on it but it has held its shape and looks fine. The other hats have held up and look great.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on12-14-2010
- Other Thoughts: This Sun Hat has a great brim that really shades the face. Lightweight, pliable and easy to pack. I like the straw because you can wear it with anything.
Was this review helpful?
Bought this item on12-07-2010
- Other Thoughts: This Straw Hat is perfect for so many situations. At the pool, walking, travel, etc. It's packable but a nice wide brim with open top to let out heat. Helps keep the sun from sneaking around sunglasses into your eyes. Adjusts to fit just about any head size.
Was this review helpful?