Customers Also Bought
- Grass braid style, this Sun Hat is very cool and fashionable
- Fashionable design, you will be more beautiful after wearing on it
- Features adjustable strap, this Straw Hat is suitable for most people's head
- Made of high quality material, these Sun hats are durable for long time wearing
- Feel comfortable and soft when you wear this Sun Hat
- Breathable and sweat-absorbent, this Sun Hat is versatile and great for everyday wear or travel
- Material: Wheat Straw
- Peak Width: 13cm/5.1in
- Suitable Head Circumference: 48~56cm/18.9~22.0in
- Featuring 5.1 inches wide, this Straw Hat offers you maximum protection without any hassle or fuss, and gives you a great local look
- Fitted in the back with an adjustable strap, makes this easy to adjust and fit to your preferred activity or style
- Made from 100% wheat straw, this bright ribbed textured hat embodies all the comfort and style of a traditional visor with a flare of far away fun
- Breathable and sweat-absorbent, this wheat straw braided wide brim visor makes you feel comfortable and soft
- Features adjustable strap, this Straw Hat is suitable for most people's head
How to Measure Your Hat Size:
- Measure the circumference around your head, usually keep the tape above the eyebrow and tilted slightly upward to allow for the sloped down brim
- Then, determine your hat or cap size using the hat size chart, if between sizes, select the next size up
- Please measure circumference around your head the way you wear your hat
How to Make Straw Hats:
Straw hats have been around for centuries. No one knows exactly when their history began. There's evidence of something similar to a straw hat, an inverted fez-type hat called a Stephanos on a Greek terra-cotta sculpture that dates back to 700 B.C. Straw hats appeared in Shakespeare's plays in the 1600s, and in editions of women's fashion publications from the eighteenth century on. They were the rage in the United States in the late 1800s in the form of the Panama hat. The straw hat is still popular today, in many forms. Why wait? Create fashion history of your own and make straw hats.
- Work out the design for your straw hat on graph paper. You can base it on a historical design, or you can create your own design. Try to do it to a scale in which each square of the graph paper equals 1 inch.
- Transfer your design to cardboard. Draw out the pattern pieces, but to the proper scale. Tape all the pattern pieces together so you can check out the feasibility of your straw hat design. Make any adjustments before continuing.
- Acquire straw braid from which to make your straw hat. You can either buy rolls of straw braid from a craft store or a fabric store. You can also pick apart something existing such as a place mat or even an old hat. Be careful when you pick apart these items that your seam ripper does not damage the straw braid itself.
- Use the cardboard pattern pieces as a guide and begin to sew the straw braid together. Lay the straw braid flat and coil it around in a small, flat circle. Secure it in place with thread by sewing through the edges of the braid. Continue sewing the braid together, making a larger and larger circle, until it matches the crown pattern piece.
- Sew plaits to the crown at a 90-degree angle. Continue working downward until you create the side panels. Fit the hat to your head as you make the straw hat to make sure it fits you.
- Create the brim by working your way either from the outside of the brim to the hat opening or from the hat opening to the outside of the brim. Create all the individual pieces of the straw hat first and then sew them together, with the raw edges and seams on the inside of the hat. Fit the brim's opening to make sure you don't make it too tight.
- Try a more difficult technique when making a straw hat. Sew the straw braid together so that your straw hat is made from one continuous piece instead of individual pieces sewn together.
- Decorate your straw hat with ribbons or flowers or both.
How to Clean a Straw Hat:
- Cleaning Options
- Straw hats come in different styles, but are usually worn for informal occasions during the warmer seasons. Keep yours in top shape by following these steps.
- Use a homemade formula for simple stains. Mix the following ingredients and rub lightly with a soft cloth. If it is a dark color mix ½ teaspoon ammonia and ¼ cup water. For lighter colors mix ½ teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and ½ teaspoon of warm water.
- To help reshape hats that are misshapen, use a little steam. Hold it over steam and move it around and then let it air dry. The steam source could be a large pot of boiling water.
- To spruce up the color or refurbish dark straws, rub a little alcohol that is diluted with water over the entire surface. Rub dark colored velvet over the hat to make it shine.
- To clean the sweatband, simply use a small brush dipped in soap and water and scrub lightly. Be careful to only get the sweatband wet.
- Preventative Care
- Brush after every use. This will get any dirt particles off every time.
- Wash your hands prior to touching it. This will prevent oils from staining your hat.
- Pay attention to how you store the hat. If it's stored on a table, it could lose its shape. Use a plastic shaped head or even an old coffee can. Use a storage box if you are traveling.
- Protect it from stains with a light spray of stain repellent. This may also prevent water stains.
- Avoid extreme heat or cold temperatures. This may cause it to lose its shape too. This includes protecting it from direct sunlight that may fade the colors.
How to Reshape a Straw Hat:
- Straw hats are ideal for protecting the head and shielding your face from the sun's harmful rays. A straw hat provides a lightweight barrier between your face and the elements. However, after a season of being stored, you may find your hat squished or misshapen from being shoved into a closet or having something placed on top of it. Straw hats are resilient. If you want to save your favorite hat, all you need are a little time to shape the hat, time for it to dry and some objects you have around the house.
- Fill the hat with a bowl then place it right side up on a hard surface.
- Using a steamer or the steam setting on your iron, run along the misshapen part of the hat as close as you can get it without allowing the steamer or iron to touch the straw. Steam the straw until it is damp.
- If you don't have a steamer or a good steam iron, try using steam from a pot of boiling water. This can be tricky because you have to avoid burning your hands. A thick pair of garden gloves or oven mitts will give you some protection, but steam can still seep through if you hold it too close to the boiling water. Hold the hat over the steam until the straw is damp then quickly place a bowl or other round object inside.
- Smooth the hat around the bowl with your hand to help form the shape. Gently reshape the rest of the hat by hand.
- Place a heavy object over the brim to keep it flat and from curling up. Allow the hat to thoroughly dry before wearing it.
How to Dress a Straw Hat:
Straw hats are not just fashion friendly; they help to protect your face from the sun's rays. You can dress a straw hat in very little time, changing the looks to compliment your mood.
- Start with your basic straw hat. Pin a vintage brooch to the front portion just above the brim of the hat
- If you want a real splash of color, choose a brooch like the one pictured. Anything large and red definitely garners attention
- Make a fabric band out of remnant material to dress your straw hat. Measure the circumference of the straw hat just above the brim. Cut two pieces of fabric at this length PLUS at least an additional 12" to allow for a simple tie in back
- With right sides of fabric together, on your sewing machine stitch a 1/2" seam allowance leaving a small section open for turning. Turn, trim corners, press with iron and slipstitch opening closed
- Using the same method above, make a fabric band for your straw hat out of white eyelet. The eyelet fabric looks clean and crisp against the straw; the contrast is a classic look
- Go for the casual look and dress a straw hat with an old woven leather belt. Simply wrap the belt around the base of the hat and buckle. Tuck the excess length under the first wraparound portion of the belt
- To dress a straw hat in a funky style, take a colorful, chunky, beaded necklace and wrap around the base. Attach with your jewelry findings in back
- There are so many ways to dress a straw hat; all of these ideas are adaptable. Use your imagination and your sense of style to suit your own unique taste. Have fun
Tips & Warnings:
- There are no real limits to dressing a straw hat. If it suits your taste and compliments your outfit and your style, you've dressed your straw hat appropriately for you. Have fun
How to Wear Sun Hats:
If you find sunscreen offers your face and neck little protection from the sun, a sun hat is a great choice for you. From the occasional beach dweller to the most cautious of outdoor enthusiasts, a sun hat offers a much needed shield from the heat and harmful rays of sun exposure. The ideal sun hat varies depending on outdoor activity and the day's current weather conditions.
- Determine your hat style. Summer beach hats offer a rim with little coverage, while resort style hats include a large rim and scarf for additional protection
- Choose a hat color that coordinates with your clothing or swim attire. When in doubt choose a neutral hat color. Some of the most popular choices include black, white and tan or brown
- Decide on a hat that is appropriate for your activity and the weather. Consider leaving a hat with a large curtain or scarf home on a windy day, and instead opt for a wide brimmed sun hat
- Wear your hat as soon as you are outdoors. A sun hat cannot protect your skin unless it is on your head
- Use the hat to shade your eyes from direct sunlight. Consider pairing your hat with a nice pair of sunglasses to combat glare
- 1 x Visor
If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Before that, please contact our Live Support to inform that.
In that case we will refund you the payment excluding actual shipping fees already incurred.
If the item is defective, please contact DinoDirect Live Support and send an email to us at email@example.com attached an image or video file clearly showing the defect of the product. And we will give you a response within 24 hours whether we will resend the item or refund the payment to you for compensation.
For customization, please consider carefully before ordering.Because we do not accept return and replacement.
|Unit Price||USD$ 9.92||USD$ 9.62||USD$ 9.31||USD$ 8.91|
|Enter Wholesale Channel>>|
• If the order has not been shipped; please contact DinoDirect Live Support for order cancellation.You will get your refund within 24 hours.
• If the order has already been shipped; you may return the item to us postmarked within 30 calendar days of delivery. Please contact our Live Support to inform that.
• Please contact Live Chat or click here to learn more return policy.